Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these 2 would you most like to see advance?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guerlain Habit Rouge

59 51.30%
  • Guerlain Vetiver

56 48.70%
    Blog Entries

Default BMM09: 3/28 Game 62 (Fragrant Four Game, Habit Rouge vs. Guerlain Vetiver)

Basenotes March Madness 2009
    Game 62
    (Round 5)
    Poll ends March 30.

(2) Guerlain Habit Rouge vs. (5) Guerlain Vetiver

Here's the updated bracket after the first 61 games:

The winner of this match advances to the Championship game, to determine the Basenotes March Madness champion for 2009.

Poll will close in 48 hours.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Exclamation Re: BMM09: 3/28 Game 62 (Fragrant Four Game, Habit Rouge vs. Guerlain Vetiver)

Go HR!!!!

Default Re: BMM09: 3/28 Game 62 (Fragrant Four Game, Habit Rouge vs. Guerlain Vetiver)

Lets go Vetiver, whu hoo

Default Re: BMM09: 3/28 Game 62 (Fragrant Four Game, Habit Rouge vs. Guerlain Vetiver)

This is like Sophie's Choice....

Habit Rouge!

From a woman's perspective, I would much rather smell Vetiver than Habit Rouge on a man!

Lately, if I pick it it's guaranteed to lose... So it looks like it will be a Vetiver / Sultan finale!

Vetiver, definitely, even though I respect both greatly.

Damn!!!! hard decision....i'll bet for the versatility of Vetiver....GO Vetiver !

In the last round I voted for No 88 because Guerlain Vetiver is impossible to wear for me. Now I vote for Vetiver because Habit Rouge makes me physically ill. And I used this in my teens...Huh!

edit: somewhere I do understand they are both great but just not for me. And Vetiver is a little more wearable...
    Last edited by pelle; 29th March 2009 at 10:12 AM.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Basenotes Institution

(sigh)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Having to pick one of these two is giving me a stomach ache..
    Last edited by kbe; 29th March 2009 at 03:24 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I find HR to be much more wearable for me, despite that they are both excellent frags.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

HR all the waaay!

Two great frags, but one had to choose.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I like Habit Rouge.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

never smelled habit rouge, but voting for uncertainty is better for me than voting for vomitous coriander
    At your service

Go HR! I'm trying the EDP today for the first time--gorgeous!

Its no contest. Habit Rouge can kick GV's arse with ease!

Impossible for me to choose. Can't vote. They are both awesome. With a gun to my head I'd say Vetiver though. I NEVER tire of it.

Basenotes Plus

Habit Rouge for me!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

This was a toughie.

I've voted for both these in previous rounds.

My decision was decided on which fragrance I can wear anytime without having necessarily to have to be in the right mood to wear it.

I love both immensely but in the end the most consistent performer for me by a cigarette paper's width was...

.... Vetiver.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Guerlain Vetiver is staging a comeback!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

After wearing HR EDP all day...I must say, for anyone who has a hard time deciding, choose HR. The EDP smells to me like it has vetiver in it, so both your cravings can be satisfied

I used to own both but only HR remains, it has my preference...

Human Resources rules!

Torn between two lovers, feelin' like a fool
    Lovin' both of you is breakin' all the rules

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The Balance Scale marker continues to move toward center..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Habit Rouge looks like it is through to the final.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant