Code of Conduct

Question Yang by Faith or Not? (that is the question)

Yang was originally by Jacques Faith and I now see it manufactured by a company called Yin Yang Beauty Inc.

I want to purchase this fragrance can any tell me if it has been altered by this new company? Should I look for the Faith version??

Default Re: Yang by Faith or Not? (that is the question)

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Yang was originally by Jacques Faith and I now see it manufactured by a company called Yin Yang Beauty Inc.

I want to purchase this fragrance can any tell me if it has been altered by this new company? Should I look for the Faith version??

Yes it has, and yes you should.

scentemental

I don't mean to contradict scentimental but I'm on my second bottle of Yang 1 from Fath and 1 from Yin Yang and they are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    I don't mean to contradict scentimental but I'm on my second bottle of Yang 1 from Fath and 1 from Yin Yang and they are the same.
    Thanks for being so respectful lasta, but I am going to contradict you, with due respect, and insist that they are different. The differences are initially subtle, but as the top notes fade, they begin to become decidedly palpable. Typically, musk has replaced the more expensive basenotes ingredients so that the Ying Yang version is softer, it's flatter, less bright, less sharply aromatic, less spicy, and is more cedary (along with musk, cedar is a common replacement, especially for sandalwood, in reformulations). The heartnote accord is not as complex, rich, and satisfying. The main differences are, therefore, as they usually are in many reformulations, in the drydown and in the richness and persistence of the heart notes into the drydown. In both cases, the drydown of the Jacques Fath version is more complex, richer, and more sandalwoody, and it is, therefore, different than the Ying Yang version. The vintage version, as one would therefore expect, lasts longer. By using test strips and taking sniffs at regular intervals over a long period of time, by making notes of those sniffs and one's scent impressions of those sniffs, and by being sure to allow a significant time between sniffs of the two different versions, one finds that this is a more effective method to perceive the differences between fragrances rather than just wearing the fragrances, and if one does this, it becomes very clear that there are significant differences between the two versions, at least for me, and at least enough differences to answer Scentimus' original question in the manner in which I did.

Lasta, I am glad to hear you like both versions equally. Certainly, even the Ying Yang version is a good fragrance, but the Jacques Fath one is, at least in my perception, significantly superior to warrant a purchase if one is that way inclined.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 29th March 2009 at 02:31 PM.