Code of Conduct

Default BMM09: The Road to The Final Spritz Fragrant Four Game 2 Recap

We're finally here as we now know who both of the participants in The Final Spritz will be. Somerville Metro Man here on The Road to The Final Spritz. Game 2 was a Guerlain face-off between the number two seed Guerlain Habit Rouge and the fifth seeded Guerlain Vetiver. Both scents are long-time stars of this tournament and this was seen as the de-facto Final Spritz as many observers expect the winner of this one to cruise to the championship. I wouldn't say that too loud next to an Ambre Sultan supporter, though. The Red Coats were in full roar as their scent took the floor only to be matched by the enthusiasm of the cool green wave of fans in support of Vetiver. These bottles have been in this position before and there were no evident nerves as they took their place in the center circle. The first quarter would set the pattern of this match as Habit Rouge got out to a quick lead as both scents shot at a torrid pace and the first quarter ended with Habit Rouge holding a seven point lead, 33-26. Both scents cooled off in the second quarter and the spritzing percentage went down and Vetiver couldn't make any headway and the half ended with Habit rouge still ahead by seven, 41-34. Vetiver made some halftime adjustments and they were starting to make some back counter cuts and get high percentage sprays. With that Vetiver was able to trim back the Habit Rouge lead and Vetiver only trailed by three, 53-50 with one quarter left. The final quarter was a defensive clinic as both scents shut the other down but Vetiver kept trying to close the gap and late in the fourth Vetiver had closed to within one. Unfortunately the clock was not in favor of Vetiver and Habit Rouge got the turnover when Vetiver was called for double spritzing and on the ensuing posession restored their three point lead. The final buzzer sounded and the Red Coats were celebrating. Now the last remaining Guerlain will try to finish off this amazing tournament for Guerlain by bringing the title home. Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan is looking to spoil the Guerlain garden party and after beating Mouchoir de Monsieur they are taking on the big bottle in the Guerlain league and will need a big game to pull off the upset.
    The O-rena will be festive as gold and red will fiil it to the top as the gold turbans of The Sultan's supporters and the Red Coats of Habit Rouge cheer their scents into The Final Spritz.
    One last vote to go.
    48 final hours.
    Make your choice.
    I'll see you after The Final Spritz is done.
    Somerville Metro Man….out!
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: BMM09: The Road to The Final Spritz Fragrant Four Game 2 Recap

It's the posts like this one that make me sad this tournament comes to an end.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.