Code of Conduct

Smile creamy, woody(rosewood), coconut milk based scents

Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere fits the bill perfectly...and i'm just loving this genre...are there any scents which are more creamier and more woody? preferably rosewood/coconut milk based...?

Thanks folks

p.s. i "hate" H.M., Montale Vanilla absolu type of gourmands. just cant stand those...

Default Re: creamy, woody(rosewood), coconut milk based scents

Diesel Plus Plus is said to be creamy.. though IMO its not that much, but I'd love to try some in this category..
    unico grande amore.

paestrum rose is a greamy rose.

Parfumerie Generale's Brulure de Rose is all rosewood. Similar but less 'creamy' is Rochas Tocade, which also contains a lot of rosewood.

is there a better interpretation of cadjmere...? i love Cadjmere btw, just on a hunt of something similar...lets say "Cadjmere intense"...by intense i dont mean sharper...it still need to be smooth...only that it must be amplified by a notch or two max..

Hi Jenson ... I posted a very similar thread a little while back ... Because Cadjmere is one of my all time fave scents.
    You may want to have a look at it ... it may offer some ideas ???
    Here is the link :
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223537

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

I'm telling you Jenson, try Brulure de Rose. I don't know if it's Cadjmere 'intense', but it's Cadjmere with rose.

nice to know ! sounds great ! thnx bbBD

I was thinking Cadjmere when I read the thread title. I can't think of any scent quite like it. I'm going to have to check it against Brulure de Rose (of which I recently bought a decant). I've worn BdR once but can't say I made that connection.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere fits the bill perfectly...and i'm just loving this genre...are there any scents which are more creamier and more woody? preferably rosewood/coconut milk based...?

Thanks folks

p.s. i "hate" H.M., Montale Vanilla absolu type of gourmands. just cant stand those...
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/T...2008-2889.html

Serge Lutens Douce Amere (SP?) sounds like it would fit the bitll too.

This doesn't fit the description exactly but Serge Lutens Bois Vanille is woody and has a very noticeable coconut note (to me anyway).

Hypnotic Poison? Coconut is not mentioned in the notes but I smell it.

Serge Lutens Douce Amere (SP?) sounds like it would fit the bitll too.
    Sorry but Douce Amere does not have either rosewood or a prominent coconut to really "fit the bill" at all. ... It is also quite a light scent for a SL, so it does not actually have a "bigger kick" than Cadjmere ... which is what I understand you are after.

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    I was thinking Cadjmere when I read the thread title. I can't think of any scent quite like it. .

Quote Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
    This doesn't fit the description exactly but Serge Lutens Bois Vanille is woody and has a very noticeable coconut note (to me anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Hypnotic Poison? Coconut is not mentioned in the notes but I smell it.

They are Vanillic scents...more like Vanilla Pods...though they fit the bill on a
    certain level...i dont think they necessarily smell the same....but hey...thnx for chiming in

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Sorry but Douce Amere does not have either rosewood or a prominent coconut to really "fit the bill" at all. ... It is also quite a light scent for a SL, so it does not actually have a "bigger kick" than Cadjmere ... which is what I understand you are after.

Thanks for ur inputs freind.
    Last edited by jenson; 31st March 2009 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    True, Douce Amere doesn't have the rosewood and coconut, but "creamy" and "milky" is definately the essence of this SL fragrance.

Are we looking for a coconut smell kind of like what you find in a pina colada or coconut milk smell like in Virgin Island Water? They are quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    Are we looking for a coconut smell kind of like what you find in a pina colada or coconut milk smell like in Virgin Island Water? They are quite different.
    im really intrigued about VIW now...i knw i cant expect a cadjmere...but knowing it gets some love here, im now curious...

Blog Entries

For coconut milk, without a trace of suntan-lotion/pina colada coconut, check out Jo Malone Sweet Lime & Cedar. The coconut milk makes it gourmand, but without a trace of vanilla or heavy sweetness - it's a gourmand for people that hate gourmands.

It basically smells like Thai green curry, spicy and creamy but incense-ish, over a coconut milk base.

It's a little odd, but worth checking out a sample based on your description of what you're looking for (It's not a rosewood/coconut milk base, but a sandalwood/cedar/coconut milk base).
    Last edited by rogalal; 1st April 2009 at 02:53 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Premier Figuier. Oh well, leave it to me to tout this one!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
    I agree!

Costume National 21 is an extremely creamy, woody, saffrony, spicy...i cant describe it...it might be just what ur looking for

I have never tried Cadjmere, but "creamy, woody" puts me in mind of Montale's Original Aoud. If you can make it past the very odd top notes, you'll smell one of the smoothest, creamiest wood fragrances you'll ever find. Totally unlike the other Montales I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Costume National 21 is an extremely creamy, woody, saffrony, spicy...i cant describe it...it might be just what ur looking for
    excellent suggestion. i did forget about this one. though not a replacement for Cadjmere, it still would woo anyone who admires the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I have never tried Cadjmere, but "creamy, woody" puts me in mind of Montale's Original Aoud. If you can make it past the very odd top notes, you'll smell one of the smoothest, creamiest wood fragrances you'll ever find. Totally unlike the other Montales I've tried.
    will definitely give it a shot. thnx!
    Last edited by jenson; 1st April 2009 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I dragged out my sample vial of Original Aoud and, you're right, it's wood that's creamy in the way that sandalwood used to be when I was young. Now I'm wondering why I forgot about this wonderful Montale.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!