Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Colonia

Okay, just thought I'd have to share this.

I'm getting into the groove for summer fragrances. I also have a passion for "old timey" fragrances as my wife would call it, especially those formulated at the turn of the century or decades ago (the kind of stuff my grandpa may have worn).

Sunday morning my wife and I got up in order to go to church. As always, after her shower, she steps out and says, "What fragrance should I wear?" I have tons of samples and I've given her a few since she isn't big on perfume as I am. I thought. Instead of going into her stash, I went into mine and pulled out Acqua di Parma Colonia.

As the day went by and liturgy ended, we attended coffee hour in the church hall. She sniffed her blouse and smiled, telling me, "I honestly think this is more you than me," referring to the AdP.

Today's decision was a bit tough on what to wear to work. I had recently bought a bottle of Creed's GIT from FragranceNet. I sprayed it with fear and trembling after hearing of old bottles of GIT. But I could actually smell the lemon opening in the top notes, so I think it is an okay batch. But now, I'm almost tempted to go and get a bottle of AdP Colonia.

Temptation. I hate it.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia

It is a great frag to wear, that's for sure. I am enjoying it much this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post

Today's decision was a bit tough on what to wear to work. I had recently bought a bottle of Creed's GIT from FragranceNet. I sprayed it with fear and trembling after hearing of old bottles of GIT. But I could actually smell the lemon opening in the top notes, so I think it is an okay batch. But now, I'm almost tempted to go and get a bottle of AdP Colonia.

Temptation. I hate it.

Just curious how long ago did you buy it? and what was your serial number?

mine was A3208E04

I had to return mine waiting for the replacement, I bought mine last week

I smelled the top notes of lemon as well but then it only lasted the top notes for about 15 minutes and went to mid notes for about another 15 minutes before it went to the basenotes for only 2 hours and then completely vanished. Even at the basenotes of ambergris it was so light I had to stick my nose in my arm to smell it.

not only that it smelled off compared to my sample from bergdorf

my sample from bergdorf lasted on me at least 8-10 hours and smelled way better

fragrancenet customer service is great they said they would replace it no problems and ship out another one, i just hope this one does not have the same problems that is why i was curious if they just have a whole bunch that is not fresh and came from the same batch

I am still waiting for replacement hopefully it will ship today.
    Last edited by denec; 1st April 2009 at 01:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    But now, I'm almost tempted to go and get a bottle of AdP Colonia.
    Get a decanted sample from The Perfumed Court and enjoy it for the summer months. By the time Autumn rolls around, you'll probably want a different scent anyway.

I am a Huge fan of AdP Colonia and Assoluta.....I also have Intense but prefer the others.....GIT is wonderful also.....temptation is a big battle in this fragrance world.....that's for sure.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

For the last 10+ years GIT and AdP Colonia were literally the only two scents I owned. GIT very comfortable for work and evenings out and seems to be a 'scent for all seasons' and AdPC is great for summer. I actually consider myself lucky that they are my two 'benchmarks' going forward since discovering basenotes and this whole new world of Noir Epices, L'Air du Desert Morocain and whathaveyou that I never really knew existed for guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing it today and I enjoy it a lot. I'll have to compare it to Roger and Gallet Extra Vielle, the two seem similar, with comparable lemon and rose notes. Perhaps the rose in Parma is bigger, a soft cushion.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas