Code of Conduct

Default Suntan oil scents

Because everyone needs one.
    Also, because I'm in dire need of the tropics.

For me, it's Jil Sander Sun (perhaps layered with my French Monoï de Tahiti oil) or my discovery of the day: Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess.
    It seems like the combination of coconut + tropical flowers is of the essence here.

What's yours?
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Suntan oil scents

Estee Lauder Azuree Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent
    Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd April 2009 at 09:18 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

My favorite is CB I Hate Perfume At The Beach 1966.
    He captures the accord of the most popular suntan lotion of the 60's Coppertone.
    Whne I wear this it absoulutely reminds me of a day at the beach in South Florida in the 60's and it is that suntan lotion accord that does it.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Eau Des Merveilles for me.

Salty, sun dried skin. Has a thick and yet velvety texture.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I really got into these last summer. I discovered another Yves Rocher Neonatura that smells beachy to me. It's the Neonatura Souffle, not the Coccoon, which is chocolatey and comforting. And I love the smell of real Monoii oil - I buy a bottle in France every so often and use it as the ultimate aftersun and body oil. I got into frangipani, too, and love my Hei Poa Frangipani edt.
    And don't get me onto Mahora! I love that big blowsy white floral in the summer. It's totally over the top, but so happy too.
    And Creed's Virgin Island Water just has me wanting a hammock and a palm tree and a straw hat to tip over my eyes while I listen to Jack Johnson...

Oops, sorry.
    Anyway, interesting point: Estee Lauder has released a suntan range that smells of Bronze Goddess. Which has to be good.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Thumb your noses if you must, Deseo by Jennifer Lopez is my favorite skin/beach scent! I bought it last summer and used it regularly ~ with compliments

I completely agree with Deseo! It's so beachy and even goes well on a hot night (to be taken literally or abstractly). Many of the CSPs work well too. Ava Luxe Venus Sands is also suntan lotiony.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    I completely agree with Deseo! It's so beachy and even goes well on a hot night (to be taken literally or abstractly).
    I add my vote for Deseo, though hot nights are rare in these parts...!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze