Code of Conduct

Default fraudulent Armani Code?

Here's my story...I ordered a bottle of Armani Code from a power seller on ebay. It was my first ebay order, but I felt confident in the purchase because the seller has been a member for several years, and had great feedback. I recieved my order today, and something makes me skeptical. The bottle looks real, but has no markings on it. No label, nothing. Personally, I've never seen a bottle of armani code without label on it, so I'm very suspicious. Even the testers that I've seen have something on them.

Here is my question to you. Is there any way to verify that the contents are authentic? Also, have you ever seen a bottle of code without some sort of markings?

Default Re: fraudulent Armani Code?

Definitely sounds fishy. On the other hand, the lack of a label is so obvious, it suggests to me that this might NOT be a fake for some reason, rather some sort of factory reject or something. How does it smell?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Head down to the mall and compare it with the tester at Sephora. Just spray it on one wrist in your car then make a bee-line for their tester, hit the other wrist, and compare.
    Last edited by Royal; 2nd April 2009 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Head down to the mall and compare it with the tester at Sephora. Just spray it on one wrist in your car then make a bee-line for their tester, hit the other wrist, and compare.
    Bottle with no label? Screw it, bring it right into the store! It's not like they sell those there.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I've smelled code before, but I don't know it well enough to determine whether or not it's fake. It's definately similar to what I remember though.

I had a bottle of Code a long time ago - there was no label, it just said 'Armani Code' printed, I believe at the bottom - is that what's missing and it doesn't even say 'Armani Code' on it, then it's probably bogus.

Since Code is such a common fragrance, popular with the non-fragrance collecting public, I'd bet there's plenty of fakes. Most people who buy would never know the difference between a fake Code and a real one (or care). The seller may have bought a stock of fakes without intending to. Go compare the smell with any department store tester.

There's one ebay guy who does lots of fakes. He sold me a fake ADGio. He quickly refunded my money when I called him on it. Seems like he had Code as well.

I got a legit Code off ebay the other day. It really lasted well yesterday. I used 4 sprays at 8 AM, plus the deodorant stick. My Mom complimented me on it at around 5 PM, and I could still smell it at 10 PM last night. That's pretty good in these days of fleeting scents!

Exclamation Re: fraudulent Armani Code?

Did the bottle come in a sealed box? If not, you might want to get a refund and order one in a sealed retail box just to be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Did the bottle come in a sealed box? If not, you might want to get a refund and order one in a sealed retail box just to be certain.
    Don't take comfort in the fact that a fragrance is sealed. Counterfeiters have learned how to wrap and seal fragrances as well.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

The box was sealed;however, that doesn't sell me on its authenticity. The bottle with no label is bizarre. I sprayed a bit on about an hour ago, and now the scent is nonexistent. I think that I got a fake. Hopefully I'll be able to get in contact with the seller and take care of the issue. This was my first and last order on ebay. By the way, thanks for the input.

Wink Re: fraudulent Armani Code?

Quote Originally Posted by bosati05 View Post
    Here's my story...I ordered a bottle of Armani Code from a power seller on ebay. It was my first ebay order, but I felt confident in the purchase because the seller has been a member for several years, and had great feedback. I recieved my order today, and something makes me skeptical. The bottle looks real, but has no markings on it. No label, nothing. Personally, I've never seen a bottle of armani code without label on it, so I'm very suspicious. Even the testers that I've seen have something on them.

Here is my question to you. Is there any way to verify that the contents are authentic? Also, have you ever seen a bottle of code without some sort of markings?
    Well you need to consider this again, an Ebay power seller doesnt mean they don't sell counterfeits, and there is a great chance that they might do. There are a lot of Ebay buyers out there who can't tell whether it's genuine or not, so when they receive their order they feel satisfied by the fast service instead of receiving a genuine fragrance bottle! Yes this is true, that's the reason why the feedback of those power sellers are full of stuff like "great service, fast shipping,etc.." instead of "real product,genuine bottle,etc".
    Personally I dont shop on Ebay anymore, there's no 100% telling if this product I'm buying is real or not, I'd rather pay some extra money to shop at other reliable online stores (maybe $20,$30 more) but at least I get some peace of mind

May I ask who the seller was? I've been purchasing from DerbyFragrances and couldn't be happier.

Can you provide detailed pictures?

Blog Entries

Something I don't know if a counterfeiter would be willing to take the effort to reproduce is the finish on the bottle, it's very nearly opaque but you can just barely see through it when held to light. If it's something you can see through all the time, or can't see through at all, I'd say your chances of a fake went way up.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

In my ebay research, it appeared that there were a HUGE number of Code fakes, to the point where if I wanted a bottle, I wouldn't even look at ebay. I'd first head for sites like scentedmonkey.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd April 2009 at 07:55 PM.

i have armani code i bought it from perfumeshop.co.uk retail shop and it done have label on it not fake like your, plus i think it not safer to buy perfume from ebay cos it like the user be used it before then you ok so let you know.
    Last edited by perfume4life; 2nd April 2009 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    i have armani code i bought it from perfumeshop.co.uk retail shop and it done have label on it not fake like your, plus i think it not safer to buy perfume from ebay cos it like the user be used it before then you ok so let you know.
    I most certainly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bosati05 View Post
    The box was sealed;however, that doesn't sell me on its authenticity. The bottle with no label is bizarre. I sprayed a bit on about an hour ago, and now the scent is nonexistent. I think that I got a fake. Hopefully I'll be able to get in contact with the seller and take care of the issue. This was my first and last order on ebay. By the way, thanks for the input.
    There's no way that it was a legit bottle of Code. That stuff has nuclear longevity, surely part of why it's so popular.

I thought Code's longevity was mediocre. Also, where did you learn to type perfume4life, all your posts are nearly unintelligible.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 2nd April 2009 at 09:41 PM.

I think English might not be his first language.

Also to the OP; Most (if not all) bottles of cologne have a small 4 digit alphanumeric code engraved/painted on the bottom; this code should also be engraved (you know? little markings? English is not my first language here guys!) on the box.

That's one of the many ways to spot a fake.

Also Off Topic, but I bought Chanel Allure Sport Homme and I'm really liking it! Although it set me back $70 =( Poor college student ahoy.
    Chipmunks love to eat nuts. Don't go to the woods without pants. (<

I have Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT on right now, heading out to a bar in a bit, my favorite. This is THE scent for a young guy!

From what I can tell the fragrances that are widely faked are those the non-fragrance aficionados purchase and, as mentioned above, the average buyer will probably never know is a fake. Given that I -and many of us - are usually not after such fragrances the possibility of receiving a counterfeit is significantly reduced. When I do buy the occasional designer, I've found that buying from eBay sellers that also have an independent website and/or store usually ensures real product. You may a little more, but obviously it's well worth it. There's usually a reason a bottle is unbelievably cheap, right?

If you're suspicious then just return it if you feel something is wrong. Ebay is filled with fake fragrances so your concerns are legitimate. See if you can return it and buy a bottle from a legitimate site.
    Last edited by Ronin; 3rd April 2009 at 05:49 AM.

This thread is somewhat disturbing to me as I am a seller on eBay and I also have a retail brick and mortar store in Los Angeles...we do not sell fakes at my business. I agree with bbBD - if somebody does have a real store in addition to their eBay store, there is some more legitimacy...that makes sense. The eBay store that is run out of a warehouse by the docks in New Jersey...that could be fishy. These sellers ruin it for us legitimate sellers.

I know a lot of fakes are out there on eBay...one rule of thumb I would use is that if the deal seems to good to be true, it probably is a fake.

bosati05, how much did you pay for this bottle of Armani Code???

I think the no label thing is very fishy...some of my vintage bottles may have a label that has come off over time...but not a brand new Armani bottle sealed in the box...
    ~Alan
    stores.ebay.com/ePerfumery
    Beverly Hills Perfumery

If you buy anything from my eBay store, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME YOU ARE A BASENOTES MEMBER!!! I will throw in a bonus sample or mini!

WANTED FOR SWAP: B*Men, Pure Coffee, Angel Ice Man

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    I thought Code's longevity was mediocre. Also, where did you learn to type perfume4life, all your posts are nearly unintelligible.
    what are you on about?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by The Sniff Meister View Post
    This thread is somewhat disturbing to me as I am a seller on eBay and I also have a retail brick and mortar store in Los Angeles...we do not sell fakes at my business. I agree with bbBD - if somebody does have a real store in addition to their eBay store, there is some more legitimacy...that makes sense. The eBay store that is run out of a warehouse by the docks in New Jersey...that could be fishy. These sellers ruin it for us legitimate sellers.

I know a lot of fakes are out there on eBay...one rule of thumb I would use is that if the deal seems to good to be true, it probably is a fake.

bosati05, how much did you pay for this bottle of Armani Code???

I think the no label thing is very fishy...some of my vintage bottles may have a label that has come off over time...but not a brand new Armani bottle sealed in the box...
    I agree with this statement. I do more than enough ebay purchases, but I pick my shots as far as sellers are concerned.

I BUY NOTHING FROM EBAY IF THE SELLER LIVES IN NY OR NJ. I don't care if that offends anyone either. Thos states are ground zero for fakes.

The Sniff Meister is one of the FEW sellers I purchase from. Good to go all day long and all his frags are well taken care of.
    Last edited by AromiErotici; 3rd April 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Last edited by The Sniff Meister; 4th April 2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: oops wrong thread
    ~Alan
    stores.ebay.com/ePerfumery
    Beverly Hills Perfumery

If you buy anything from my eBay store, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME YOU ARE A BASENOTES MEMBER!!! I will throw in a bonus sample or mini!

WANTED FOR SWAP: B*Men, Pure Coffee, Angel Ice Man

http://i.ebayimg.com/22/!BUH9mfQB2k~...Z5wlnQ~~_1.JPG

Is this a fraudulent item or just a limited edition bottle?
    Just curius...
    Last edited by discovolante; 11th June 2009 at 08:54 AM.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Code is one of THE most counterfeited fragrances period. That, AdG, and Creeds. Back 2 years ago my naive self bought an AdG on eBay and it came absolutely perfectly wrapped in plastic, the box was textured just like the real and it had a serial number punched in. The inside had the wrapping paper and the frosted glass bottle was so crazy realistic. I'm used to fakes in the shoe industry but there you can clearly tell the difference between a fake and a real, especially in person. In the fragrance industry, counterfeiters have gotten to insane levels of copying. Do a search on Narciso Rodriguez on this forum and you can compare a fake to a real one.

The juice was so vile though, absolutely nothing like the real one, the worst fragrance I've smelled in my life. I didn't know what the real one smelled like at the time so I wore it thinking it was the real thing lol It took 6 month to test the real thing to find out that mine was a disgusting fake.
    Last edited by rinosaur; 11th June 2009 at 09:48 AM.