Code of Conduct

Default Vetiver 46 smells alot like Rose 31...Do all LeLabos smell alike??

Ive been comparing the two and I love them both. Very amazing scents with strong sillage, quality is astounding, and evertime I wear it I (literally) get a compliment but do I like the Vetiver because its so simlar to Rose 31. I do remember trying their patchoulli and saying "there's a common theme here what is it?" Anyone else experience this with Le Labo.
    Bois Farine up for Sale! Up for bargaining.

Default Re: Vetiver 46 smells alot like Rose 31...Do all LeLabos smell alike??

Rose 31 smells like pepper with a touch of rose, and Vetiver 46 is incense with vetiver underneath. I don't find them too much alike at all other than having 'sharp' dominant notes. The commonality is that the Le Labos don't necessarily smell like the note they are named after, especially not Patchouli 24. Aldehyde 44 is only mildly aldehydic. Gaiac 10 is amazing, but I don't know how much of a true gaiac note it contains (I've never smelled pure gaiac), but I don't think it's a lot.

Iris, Labdanum, and Vanille do smell like their names... the others I haven't tried, but that LS sample pack is on the way. Among the many I've tried none of them smell particularly alike.

Basenotes Institution

I don't think V46 smells like R31. I don't think any of the LL line smell alike.

Vetiver 46 and Rose 31 don't have any similarities to my nose, Maybe your samples got diluted?

They're not Perfumed Court samples are they? I got a few from them that were mislabeled.

No resemblance whatsoever.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I feel ya! Incense! I've always thought those two were similar somehow.

Patchouli 24 is neither a female scent nor a patchouli scent.... and it isn't anything like those other two.

The only other one I've tried is Oud 27, and I didn't find it similar at all to the incensy rose and vetiver.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I don't think V46 smells like R31. I don't think any of the LL line smell alike.
    +1.

I can't really see any resemblance either. Sorry.

Just buy both and enjoy them.
    Oriental and rose addict...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    True. None of these smells like the other. Their men's and unisex scents are all very unique in relation to each other
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

I feel as though baie rose exclusive and rose 31 are pretty similar though... The baie rose missing those dirty notes that are injected into rose 31.