Code of Conduct

Default I can`t understand why...

I can`t understand why A*Men has got so many more negative reviews than L`Instant.
    Can it be that L`Instant come from Guerlain? IMO A*Men is definitively "up there" side by side with L`Instant, just a bit more unique and trendy! It took me a long time, but after several wearings i have come to the conclusion that the dry down on A*Men is just as good as L`Instant...

Default Re: I can`t understand why...

both scents are poles apart....L'Instant scores in the wearability department. A*Men has lovely opening to mid notes...but, by basenotes, its a stinky mess of tar and other notes...careful application and colder climate does get the best out of A*Men...but, still, L'Instant is much more refined and smells divine all the way to the last molecule.....

Basenotes Institution

A*Men is more popular, therefore more people (amount of people) have worn it, therefore more people have not liked it and subsequently negatively reviewed it.

My guess is that it's the tar (and possibly sweetness too) in A*Men that garners the negative reviews, but it's definitely an "I want to be noticed" frag. I find both to be unwearable most of the time, and because I have found a chocolate frag I like better (Amour de Cacao) and a frag that is in some ways similar to L'Instant (Allure Sensuelle) but much more wearable, I have little interest in either one at this point. Right now, my impression is that when you have a large rotation, as I do, what's most important is how a frag fits into the rotation, rather than some "objective" notion about the frag. In the case of L'Instant or A*Men, if I were to wear them, I'd find myself wishing I was wearing another frag that is similar but better (to me).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd April 2009 at 10:44 PM.

i must tell U that Angel Men is boring scent after 8h, first 7 are marvellous, spritz'ing morning ur neck with AMEN U cant wear evening scent even after bath i can still smell it so i cant mix scents,
    i may only thank Mugler that every winter is so beautiful

and why they dont like it? many many many women/men just cant stand sweet scents and this is extremly sweet one as well as joop! homme
    and some may fail after a harsh opening, or maybe they use too many spritz, IMO The Dreamer got the worst one !
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

Easy.
    A*men is just horrible.
    L'Instant is good.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Easy.
    A*men is just horrible.
    L'Instant is good.

This right here... /\/\/\/\/\/\

to me l┤instant and amen have nothing in common. i don┤t find aman to smell sweet at all, it┤s just pure tar to my nose

Sur la Plage

Because not all people smell things the same way. We are all different.

BTW - I like both of them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Easy.
    A*men is just horrible.
    L'Instant is good.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Because not all people smell things the same way. We are all different.

BTW - I like both of them.
    That's not it at all, it's your "skin chemistry". this way you can convince yourself that things other people think smell bad magically smell different on you...