Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Default Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    After bad experiences with Gucci Pour Homme AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick and Clinique Happy Men AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick, i decided to spend a lil more and get the lab series. This one cost almost 8 times more then the average drugstore deo stick (in my country anyways).

    I'm more used to using deo sticks and not antiperspirant sticks so the 1st few uses ended up in a chalky and flaky armpit. But i got accustomed to using lab series it turned out to be a damm good buy. For the application, less is more was the trick. After application the powdery white chalk is visible but after about 30 seconds it disappears and is very dry and comfortable too. As my country's weather is hot n humid a good deodorant is very important. It contains tea tree oil too. I will never buy a fragrance deo stick ever again.

    Overall i give the Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick a thumbs up.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Thanks for the info, worth knowing for future. I've been using the Dermalogica Environmental Control Deodorant after the Clinique Deodorant Stick ruined my shirts due to staining.

    Have to say the Dermalogica product is fantastic, smells great from natural ingredients, goes on invisible and doesn't leave any residue at all. Recommended if you fancy a change in the future. I find after a few uses your body adapts to an anti-perspirant and you need to change.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    You could always save some cash and get the Arm & Hammer unscented...basically the same (as far as active ingredients), in a different tube.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptasker View Post
    Thanks for the info, worth knowing for future. I've been using the Dermalogica Environmental Control Deodorant after the Clinique Deodorant Stick ruined my shirts due to staining.

    Have to say the Dermalogica product is fantastic, smells great from natural ingredients, goes on invisible and doesn't leave any residue at all. Recommended if you fancy a change in the future. I find after a few uses your body adapts to an anti-perspirant and you need to change.
    Alright i will go check out the dermologica deodorant. Thanks

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    You could always save some cash and get the Arm & Hammer unscented...basically the same (as far as active ingredients), in a different tube.
    Unfortunately in my country, the number of antiperspirants brands are very limited. Never heard of Arm & Hammer b4. Even the highly rated mitchum i haven't come across b4 here. But i'm very pleased with the lab series. The other day i applied a bit too much n it stained my black t shirt. But after washing the white stains went away.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    I use the lab series and it works fine for me. The less is more is the best way to use this product. If you use it correctly no residue will be left behind and so far I have not noticed stains on any of my shirts.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Unfortunately in my country, the number of antiperspirants brands are very limited. Never heard of Arm & Hammer b4. Even the highly rated mitchum i haven't come across b4 here. But i'm very pleased with the lab series. The other day i applied a bit too much n it stained my black t shirt. But after washing the white stains went away.
    Gotcha...sorry about that. They're a baking soda company here in NA.

    I used to wear the Lab Series stuff...but it's just a bit too pricey, so hunted for a drugstore version until I found something suitable. Degree also makes some decent products (although they're scented) if those are available locally.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Gotcha...sorry about that. They're a baking soda company here in NA.

    I used to wear the Lab Series stuff...but it's just a bit too pricey, so hunted for a drugstore version until I found something suitable. Degree also makes some decent products (although they're scented) if those are available locally.
    Baking Soda? LOL...baking soda can be used as a home made antiperspirant...well u got me there for a few seconds...haha..

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Baking Soda? LOL...baking soda can be used as a home made antiperspirant...well u got me there for a few seconds...haha..
    I wasn't joking...

    http://www.armhammer.ca/en/default.aspx

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Thanks for the info, i`ve searching other kind of deo/anti lines to purchase, im tired of the mainstream agressive on skin products so i think in lab series, vichy or biotherm could be a right choice..

  11. #11

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    After bad experiences with Gucci Pour Homme AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick and Clinique Happy Men AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick, i decided to spend a lil more and get the lab series. This one cost almost 8 times more then the average drugstore deo stick (in my country anyways).

    I'm more used to using deo sticks and not antiperspirant sticks so the 1st few uses ended up in a chalky and flaky armpit. But i got accustomed to using lab series it turned out to be a damm good buy. For the application, less is more was the trick. After application the powdery white chalk is visible but after about 30 seconds it disappears and is very dry and comfortable too. As my country's weather is hot n humid a good deodorant is very important. It contains tea tree oil too. I will never buy a fragrance deo stick ever again.

    Overall i give the Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick a thumbs up.
    by the way.. how was your experience with the clinique stick ??

  12. #12

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    After bad experiences with Gucci Pour Homme AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick and Clinique Happy Men AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick, i decided to spend a lil more and get the lab series. This one cost almost 8 times more then the average drugstore deo stick (in my country anyways).

    I'm more used to using deo sticks and not antiperspirant sticks so the 1st few uses ended up in a chalky and flaky armpit. But i got accustomed to using lab series it turned out to be a damm good buy. For the application, less is more was the trick. After application the powdery white chalk is visible but after about 30 seconds it disappears and is very dry and comfortable too. As my country's weather is hot n humid a good deodorant is very important. It contains tea tree oil too. I will never buy a fragrance deo stick ever again.

    Overall i give the Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick a thumbs up.
    sounds interesting , I´ll try it
    my current top five (always in transition)

    Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    I've now tried a dozen different antiperspirant sticks and roll-ons.
    The Aramis one is still the best in terms of effectiveness and feel and fragrance free status.
    The Clinque fragrance free one I found a bit stickier.
    The Clarins one is very similar to the Aramis one, but has a scent that hangs around for several hours.
    Mitchum roll-on is the cheapest and best value - but I keep finding my ones dried up after a while, even if I haven't used it.
    The Nivea ones are very good but always have a scent in them, so that one has to apply them several hours before applying a scent (to let the Nivea scent disappear).
    The Trumper Roll-on is very good, but has a scent as well.
    Renato

    But I don't know that

  14. #14

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    this is my first time attempt to buy a non-alcohol deodorant. so i bought a roll on brand Crystal. imported from the USA, its quite expensive than generic alcohol deodorant i have used. at first im very happy, no smell, no stickiness, until i found out it doesnt stop the sweating LOL. so i searched in wikipedia about potassium alum, i found out it really doesnt stop perspiration. im from Malaysia and there is not much option for a good cheap deodorant. guess i have to start funding for a Lab Series ones. sigh.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    I have used both the Lab Series and Dermalogica deos. They are quite different. The Lab Series one is an anti-perspirant and almost completely fragrance free. The Dermalogica is not an anti-perspirant and although does not have any added fragrance, it does have a natural spicy smell from its ingredients.

  16. #16
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    83,753

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by jrmhng View Post
    The Lab Series one is an antiperspirant and almost completely fragrance free.
    The very reason why I like it.

  17. #17
    Robin-in-FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South of the South of the U.S.
    Posts
    1,595

    Default Re: Lab Series AntiPerspirant Deodorant Stick

    Avon is worldwide, and I know there are plenty of reps in Malaysia; the Avon Unscented roll-on is the best one I've found, hands down, anywhere. You have to wait for it to dry, but once on and dry it works all day - no big trick on me, but it also works for the man of the house, and it's only about $1 US here - if they carry the same one in your country, try it. The disconnect between price and quality is crazy, it is about like the $10 drugstore ones we can get here.

  18. #18
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    I just wrote this in another thread in here. Since I find the advice great, I'll copy paste it.

    Mind you, I'm not in any way associated with the Sanex company. Just like when cheap products turn out to be better than expensive ones. I've tested both Clinique for men, Aramis Lab Series, Clarins for men, Nivea for men & A LOT OF OTHER stuff, but found what worked best for me and I'm a happy man

    I'm a sweater - also under the arms, but not a huge sweater though

    I got tired of spending on designer deo's that didn't last and didn't offer any significant protection over other cheaper products, so I simply skipped deo products from designer products altogether and started my search for a good solid cheap brand of effective deo sticks and deo sprays.

    Took me 1-2 years of looking and testing products and finally found what has proved to be the best ever deo sweat arm pit protection for me:

    Sanex Neutral fragrance free Deo Stick first, then Sanex Neutral fragrance free Deo Spray to sort of 'seal' my arm pit area.
    Price of products: 40,- Dkr ($8) each
    I then found out our biggest discount supermarket, Netto, often have the Sanex products for 10,- ($2) Dkr each, so last week bought 25 Sanex Deo Spray and 12 Sanex Deo Sticks

    Sanex also happen to make the best Shave Gel in the world (better than Clinique Shave gel IMHO) so of course also got 12 cans of Sanex Shave Gel AloeVera for 10,- Dkr each :lol:

    I use ShaveCream for normal shaving (Fitjar, Penhaligon and Castle Forbes being my 3 favourites) but for head shaves and BTB shaves NOTHING beats Sanex AloeVera ShaveGel !!

    I've never felt dryer or cooler under my arms since I started use these cheap neutral Sanex Deo products.
    Mind you, I don't get the same protection if only applying one of the two products. I need BOTH the stick and the spray.

    I don't feel any irritation nor sweat in my arm pits any more.

    I always apply 2-3 sprays of the EDT scent of the day in each arm pit after having applied the 2 Sanex Deo products - AND I FEEL GREAT !!!!

    Best sweat protection EVER for me !!

    Disclaimer: No, I'm in no way associated with Sanex, just love it when cheap products actually are great and just do the job
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for something similar to Mennen's Speed Stick deodorant
    By eisho in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28th April 2011, 08:40 PM
  2. Gucci Pour Homme Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick
    By JoNnY 4 in forum Men's Grooming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th April 2009, 06:59 PM
  3. AntiPerspirant Stick Problem !
    By JoNnY 4 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th March 2009, 03:11 PM
  4. What deodorant / antiperspirant ?
    By drdan in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10th October 2007, 02:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000