Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Best men's cologne for summer

Okay, so let's bring this one into 2012, guys! So, I live in Oklahoma where it is unbearably, miserably, hot and humid in the summer. Last year, temperature rose to 115 F and didn't drop below 100 F for ten solid weeks. So, while I too, feel that simply wearing less cologne IS a very good idea for the summer months, in some areas, regions like this one, I really feel that having at least one "summer scent" is very much the way to go. When just walking 50 ft. from your car to the solace of an air conditioned... anything, feels like being cremated alive, drenching you in sweat from head to toe, and making you contemplate suicide, and if you, like myself, must wear dress clothes to work, it's a very wonderful thing to feel and smell clean.

I should mention that I'm a temporarily misplaced northerner, and a usual wearer of gourmands, and wonderfully unique (designer, yet to explore niche) scents. I first inhaled Mugler's Cologne in Macy's two days ago, unlike the fragrances I typically admire, the scent isn't edible, intoxicating, compelling or complicated. It smells wonderfully light, and fresh; "like summer's nemesis in a bottle," I thought. Bright, different, citrusy, and... clean. It's wasn't sharp or pretentious, nor did it smell stereotypical, tired, or played-out in any way. It was truly unique, but didn't scream it whatsoever. As a fragrance, the quiet, creative, underachiever in the back of the classroom; the one, who, rather than engage in banal discussion, prefers simply to gaze out the window upon the sun-dappled world below. The silent prodigy. I can see why this scent is so frequently labeled 'the fragrance for those who dislike fragrances'. To me, what makes Mugler's Cologne so exceptional is that it is nothing more than the smell of "pleasant"; no more, and no less. Coming from the same mastermind behind the powerful, dark, rich, and evocative, A*Men, Theirry Mugler ought to be lauded for having successfully created the quintessential yin for his unequivocal yang. Although many people have already praised this fragrance, when it comes to Cologne, its genius lies not in complicate details, but, rather, in the paucity of them. For some, the scent of simplicity is too complex to understand, and for this reason I will be making this Mugler's Cologne my signature summer scent. Light, breezy, mellow, cool, easy, fresh, clean and refreshingly delightful. All hail Mugler!

The beautiful, otherworldly, fresh, lush, clean, futuristic-gleam of Mugler Cologne for the humid, dog days of summer and Terre D'Hermes for the other merely hot/warm ones. TDH is fantastic year-round though, providing a refreshing splash of bright, unique, elegant, refined, masculinity.

So, there it is, it popped out again

Nice to see an old thread, especially when it's your own - then you laugh seeing how inexperienced you were once, zealous.

How does the current formulation Cool water smell ?

I remember smelling Cool water on my uncle some 5 years ago and I was absolutely stunned, it was so fresh, minty, herbal, salty and instantly reminded me of the ocean but I never really got around owning it, no idea why........

Mine has a huge blast of lavender. I'm not sure if that's how it's always been but it's still smell pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard_Butler View Post
    How does the current formulation Cool water smell ?

I remember smelling Cool water on my uncle some 5 years ago and I was absolutely stunned, it was so fresh, minty, herbal, salty and instantly reminded me of the ocean but I never really got around owning it, no idea why........
    Can't tell, the version I have was bought in 2009. and I love it. It has also garnered me the most compliments from my collection. I hope it was not ruined

AdP Colonia Assoluta

Basenotes Plus

I have to throw this little tidbit in, seeing as how you guys are talking about Cool Water. Personally, I love watermelon and every fragrance that I have tried that's supposed to have a watermelon note, doesn't, at least to my nose. "Cool Water Game" is a great little summer fragrance, and is the only one I have found that has a true watermelon note.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    I have to throw this little tidbit in, seeing as how you guys are talking about Cool Water. Personally, I love watermelon and every fragrance that I have tried that's supposed to have a watermelon note, doesn't, at least to my nose. "Cool Water Game" is a great little summer fragrance, and is the only one I have found that has a true watermelon note.
    I agree, it does have a strong watermellon note indeed.

My latest discovery is L'eau par Kenzo wild edition. Albeit nothing wild about it, it is a rather nice airy scent.

It's time to restock my Mugler Cologne. I remember always seeing this online for cheap. Now it's either not in stock, or very close to retail price.

Yeah, I only saved about $12 over retail by purchasing a 3.4 EDT of Mugler Cologne on amazon the other day, but it did come in a small kit with a delectable shampoo/body wash that is like heaven when I use it after coming home from the gym and before bed! So fresh and so clean, clean!

Creed MI
    Creed Erolfa
    Thierry Mugler Cologne
    Fahrenheit. Yes Fahrenheit. Always reminds me of going out on a hot summers night.
    Eternity
    Horizon
    Dior Homme Sport