Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Best men's cologne for summer

I'd like some advice from you, dear people. Currently on my mind are Kenzo pour homme, Davidoff cool water and Bvlgari aqua.

But I'd like some more insights!

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Best men's cologne for summer

Anybody?

heya sorry you been waiting for anyone hehe

ok here i have jpg summer and im using it now and it has great longvity and great strong scent

Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes

From the ones you have listed that you're interested in, I think you should check out Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone. It can be worn in other seasons, but I think it plays very nice with warm summers.

Green Water by Jacques Fath is nice, as is Opium Eau d'Orient pour Homme. There are SOOOOO many others I could list, yes, but these two just popped to mind right away this A.M.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Barry (Jock) beat me to it. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (clear bottle) is awesome for summer. It's my SOTD and has garnered me many compliments in the past.

I was torn between it and Terre d'Hermes this AM. We finally have a beautiful day after downpours the last two.
    Current faves: Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, MFK Masculin Pluriel, Dior Homme Eau, TDH Parfum

I think Burberry's new offerring, The Beat, will be excellent for Spring/Summer. I can't wait to order it.

One that I have dusted off following the first temperature reading over 10c is Balmain Monsieur. It is an exceptionally well balanced citrus offering, and once you have survived the rather intense opening, it blooms into a delightfully refereshing fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Barry (Jock) beat me to it. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (clear bottle) is awesome for summer. It's my SOTD and has garnered me many compliments in the past.

I was torn between it and Terre d'Hermes this AM. We finally have a beautiful day after downpours the last two.
    Clear bottle? But the bottle is Metallic! Unless you're talking about the EdC and I'm just being ignorant >_>

Also I second Chanel Allure Homme Sport.
    Chipmunks love to eat nuts. Don't go to the woods without pants. (°<

Anything with vetiver makes a great summer scent.

Blog Entries

Azzaro Chrome
    Nina Ricci Signoricci

Last edited by silverbullet; 3rd April 2009 at 06:38 PM.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Get classic and sophisticated - Aqua di Parma Colonia.

btw - you're right to pick up Kenzo as well. The Eau paur homme (?spelling) is mesmerizing, soft and fresh.

Thank you everyone, interesting insights indeed!

Noone recommended Azzaro Chrome. Has good reviews. I just checked it. Ups, one person did recomend
    Last edited by Zgb; 3rd April 2009 at 08:13 PM.

Blog Entries

My summer staples include:

Clinique Happy
    Mugler Cologne
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    L'eau d'Issey
    L'eau d'Issey Summer (I have the '08 version)
    L'eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraiche
    Terre d'Hermes
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

hugh parsons blue
    mugler cologne
    TDH
    guerlain vetiver
    the third man

issey miyake
    bulgari aqua
    kenzo ph
    and the forbidden Aqua di Gio/ raplh blue...

Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta
    Hugh Parsons Blue
    Terre D'Hermes
    Gai Mattiolo Uomo
    Moschino Uomo?
    Verino PH

Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Gendarme EDP

I second the Bulgari Aqua and reccomend Mugler Cologne, Terre'd Hermes, Chanel Allure Homme

When it's hot and I've got to go out in it, I usually reach for Vetiver de Puig.

Friction de Foucaud Body Tonic :
    (from company promotional material):
    When French military officers were living in Indochine (modern-day Vietnam) during the first part of the 20th century, many experienced skin irritations that often occurs in humid tropical climates.

Madame Lucienne MERLE who was living in Indochine responded by concocting her now-famous skin treatment, Friction de Foucaud Invigorating Body Tonic. Not only did the soldiers use it to cure their rashes, they soon became addicted to it for daily use due to its refreshing sensation and fragrance.

Upon their return home, the soldiers helped spread the popularity of the tonic and it quickly became a favorite grooming product among men and, later, among women as well. The original formula, created by Madame MERLE in 1946, has not changed and the product is still used by the French Foreign Legion today. The Foucaud body tonic owes its success to its secret aroma therapeutic blend of menthol, camphor, and essential oils of orange, lemon, lavender, rosemary and thyme.

This unique combination of ingredients creates the particularly refreshing and uplifting fragrance Friction de Foucaud has become famous for.
    “love lasts a long time, but burning desire, two or three weeks.”

Hmmm plenty of new insights. Anyone has experience with Joop-nightflight?

I tried Azzaro today, liked it instantaneously! But it's not over yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Hmmm plenty of new insights. Anyone has experience with Joop-nightflight?
    I just got a sample of Joop Nightflight, and I personally don't like it. I think it smells way to loud for a summer scent. It reminds me of like glue with synthetic pinapple or something. I think it smells like Avatar by Coty, or perhaps a little like Adidas Moves (but not as good as Moves). Its a very 90's scent. I was very dissapointed with it. Then again, many people like it, so maybe you will as well.

Creed Imperial, Erolfa, Royal Water, Green Irish Tweed, lacoste essential, Chanel allure blanche, Dunhill Pursuit, Bulgari Aqua, Bulgari Aqua Marine ( if you're into that scent) guerlian imperiale, narciso rodriguez musc, not so much the edt, too heavy for summer ( I think).
    There is also Aqua di gio, worn by just about every teenager, good scent though.
    There is Polo Modern Reserve, not as strong as original polo.

I would have to say the best ones out of all of them, are Erolfa, and Bulgari Aqua. In my opinion both can be worn in the daytime and evening. Hopes this helps.
    Last edited by Maz24; 4th April 2009 at 12:14 PM.

An aquired taste but...Fire Island from Bond. The smell of warm skin that has been in the sun, mixed with sweat/salt suntan oil, and sand. It took me time to get my arms around it, but it is dead on sexy and different from the standard fare citrus summer frags most will wear. This one will be in heavy rotation for me this year for warm temps. This could be a signature scent for someone also.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 4th April 2009 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I think Burberry's new offerring, The Beat, will be excellent for Spring/Summer. I can't wait to order it.

Or if you like you can wait a lil while and get it at marshalls. But if you must have it, go for it my friend, by the time you are done with the bottle, you can go to marshalls and get extras.
    Last edited by Maz24; 4th April 2009 at 12:17 PM.

Some that have yet to be mentioned:

Chanel PM (not the Concentree)
    Eau Sauvage
    Diptyque Phylosikos (and Virgilio....though it's been discontinued)
    Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Or if you like you can wait a lil while and get it at marshalls. But if you must have it, go for it my friend, by the time you are done with the bottle, you can go to marshalls and get extras.
    Funny you said that, cuz I saw the Beat for women at Marshalls. Couldn't believe the price though...$54!!! It might've been the big bottle though, but I'm use to seeing thier fragrances at 34.99 at the most. But I'm gonna just go ahead and order it online today. Just got my tax money back, and I'm flying HIGH!!! I'm about to get a bunch of samples too. I'm just not sure what exactly to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Funny you said that, cuz I saw the Beat for women at Marshalls. Couldn't believe the price though...$54!!! It might've been the big bottle though, but I'm use to seeing thier fragrances at 34.99 at the most. But I'm gonna just go ahead and order it online today. Just got my tax money back, and I'm flying HIGH!!! I'm about to get a bunch of samples too. I'm just not sure what exactly to get.
    I'm looking forward to my tax money too hehe, just might get some new samples right afterwards
    Perfume noob