Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best men's cologne for summer

I'd like some advice from you, dear people. Currently on my mind are Kenzo pour homme, Davidoff cool water and Bvlgari aqua.

But I'd like some more insights!

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Best men's cologne for summer

Anybody?

heya sorry you been waiting for anyone hehe

ok here i have jpg summer and im using it now and it has great longvity and great strong scent

Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes

From the ones you have listed that you're interested in, I think you should check out Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone. It can be worn in other seasons, but I think it plays very nice with warm summers.

Green Water by Jacques Fath is nice, as is Opium Eau d'Orient pour Homme. There are SOOOOO many others I could list, yes, but these two just popped to mind right away this A.M.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Barry (Jock) beat me to it. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (clear bottle) is awesome for summer. It's my SOTD and has garnered me many compliments in the past.

I was torn between it and Terre d'Hermes this AM. We finally have a beautiful day after downpours the last two.

I think Burberry's new offerring, The Beat, will be excellent for Spring/Summer. I can't wait to order it.

One that I have dusted off following the first temperature reading over 10c is Balmain Monsieur. It is an exceptionally well balanced citrus offering, and once you have survived the rather intense opening, it blooms into a delightfully refereshing fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Barry (Jock) beat me to it. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (clear bottle) is awesome for summer. It's my SOTD and has garnered me many compliments in the past.

I was torn between it and Terre d'Hermes this AM. We finally have a beautiful day after downpours the last two.
    Clear bottle? But the bottle is Metallic! Unless you're talking about the EdC and I'm just being ignorant >_>

Also I second Chanel Allure Homme Sport.
    Chipmunks love to eat nuts. Don't go to the woods without pants. (°<

Anything with vetiver makes a great summer scent.

Azzaro Chrome
    Nina Ricci Signoricci

Last edited by silverbullet; 3rd April 2009 at 07:38 PM.

Get classic and sophisticated - Aqua di Parma Colonia.

btw - you're right to pick up Kenzo as well. The Eau paur homme (?spelling) is mesmerizing, soft and fresh.

Thank you everyone, interesting insights indeed!

Noone recommended Azzaro Chrome. Has good reviews. I just checked it. Ups, one person did recomend
    Last edited by Zgb; 3rd April 2009 at 09:13 PM.

Blog Entries

My summer staples include:

Clinique Happy
    Mugler Cologne
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    L'eau d'Issey
    L'eau d'Issey Summer (I have the '08 version)
    L'eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraiche
    Terre d'Hermes
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

hugh parsons blue
    mugler cologne
    TDH
    guerlain vetiver
    the third man

issey miyake
    bulgari aqua
    kenzo ph
    and the forbidden Aqua di Gio/ raplh blue...

Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta
    Hugh Parsons Blue
    Terre D'Hermes
    Gai Mattiolo Uomo
    Moschino Uomo?
    Verino PH

Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Gendarme EDP

I second the Bulgari Aqua and reccomend Mugler Cologne, Terre'd Hermes, Chanel Allure Homme

When it's hot and I've got to go out in it, I usually reach for Vetiver de Puig.

Friction de Foucaud Body Tonic :
    (from company promotional material):
    When French military officers were living in Indochine (modern-day Vietnam) during the first part of the 20th century, many experienced skin irritations that often occurs in humid tropical climates.

Madame Lucienne MERLE who was living in Indochine responded by concocting her now-famous skin treatment, Friction de Foucaud Invigorating Body Tonic. Not only did the soldiers use it to cure their rashes, they soon became addicted to it for daily use due to its refreshing sensation and fragrance.

Upon their return home, the soldiers helped spread the popularity of the tonic and it quickly became a favorite grooming product among men and, later, among women as well. The original formula, created by Madame MERLE in 1946, has not changed and the product is still used by the French Foreign Legion today. The Foucaud body tonic owes its success to its secret aroma therapeutic blend of menthol, camphor, and essential oils of orange, lemon, lavender, rosemary and thyme.

This unique combination of ingredients creates the particularly refreshing and uplifting fragrance Friction de Foucaud has become famous for.
    “love lasts a long time, but burning desire, two or three weeks.”

Hmmm plenty of new insights. Anyone has experience with Joop-nightflight?

I tried Azzaro today, liked it instantaneously! But it's not over yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Hmmm plenty of new insights. Anyone has experience with Joop-nightflight?
    I just got a sample of Joop Nightflight, and I personally don't like it. I think it smells way to loud for a summer scent. It reminds me of like glue with synthetic pinapple or something. I think it smells like Avatar by Coty, or perhaps a little like Adidas Moves (but not as good as Moves). Its a very 90's scent. I was very dissapointed with it. Then again, many people like it, so maybe you will as well.

Creed Imperial, Erolfa, Royal Water, Green Irish Tweed, lacoste essential, Chanel allure blanche, Dunhill Pursuit, Bulgari Aqua, Bulgari Aqua Marine ( if you're into that scent) guerlian imperiale, narciso rodriguez musc, not so much the edt, too heavy for summer ( I think).
    There is also Aqua di gio, worn by just about every teenager, good scent though.
    There is Polo Modern Reserve, not as strong as original polo.

I would have to say the best ones out of all of them, are Erolfa, and Bulgari Aqua. In my opinion both can be worn in the daytime and evening. Hopes this helps.
    Last edited by Maz24; 4th April 2009 at 01:14 PM.

An aquired taste but...Fire Island from Bond. The smell of warm skin that has been in the sun, mixed with sweat/salt suntan oil, and sand. It took me time to get my arms around it, but it is dead on sexy and different from the standard fare citrus summer frags most will wear. This one will be in heavy rotation for me this year for warm temps. This could be a signature scent for someone also.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 4th April 2009 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I think Burberry's new offerring, The Beat, will be excellent for Spring/Summer. I can't wait to order it.

Or if you like you can wait a lil while and get it at marshalls. But if you must have it, go for it my friend, by the time you are done with the bottle, you can go to marshalls and get extras.
    Last edited by Maz24; 4th April 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Some that have yet to be mentioned:

Chanel PM (not the Concentree)
    Eau Sauvage
    Diptyque Phylosikos (and Virgilio....though it's been discontinued)
    Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Or if you like you can wait a lil while and get it at marshalls. But if you must have it, go for it my friend, by the time you are done with the bottle, you can go to marshalls and get extras.
    Funny you said that, cuz I saw the Beat for women at Marshalls. Couldn't believe the price though...$54!!! It might've been the big bottle though, but I'm use to seeing thier fragrances at 34.99 at the most. But I'm gonna just go ahead and order it online today. Just got my tax money back, and I'm flying HIGH!!! I'm about to get a bunch of samples too. I'm just not sure what exactly to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Funny you said that, cuz I saw the Beat for women at Marshalls. Couldn't believe the price though...$54!!! It might've been the big bottle though, but I'm use to seeing thier fragrances at 34.99 at the most. But I'm gonna just go ahead and order it online today. Just got my tax money back, and I'm flying HIGH!!! I'm about to get a bunch of samples too. I'm just not sure what exactly to get.
    I'm looking forward to my tax money too hehe, just might get some new samples right afterwards
    Perfume noob

Hi GZB - Chrome is very nice, fresh and clean, safe, CK one - ish.

I think Guerlain Vetiver is really spectacular in the summer time. I broke a huge bottle in my lugggage recently while traveling and the luggage smells heavenly today. It's very affordable at www.scentiments.com.

Mugler Cologne is a clean, soapy, summertime frag as well.

I wore Deisel Fuel For Life while vacationing in Cancuun last summer and it was lovely.

I also think Kouros is a wonderful summer time frag. I grew up on Miami Beach and wore it all the time, it's a rockin' summertime frag.

As for new frags, I just received Luck and Love from Ed Hardy from a friend. I really like it and think it will get a lot of action for the summertime. It's on the lines of Silver Mountain Water and YSL Homme.

Have a brilliant day!
    Peace ~ Markymark

Hey guys, is that Burberry The Beat you're talking about the women's version?

Because I don't know if there's a The Beat PH.

Also, no Live Jazz love in this topic? I want to buy it, but there are no samples available anywhere in MExico, so I'm going to have to buy it blind =(
    Chipmunks love to eat nuts. Don't go to the woods without pants. (°<

Quote Originally Posted by Juanamichi View Post
    Hey guys, is that Burberry The Beat you're talking about the women's version?

Because I don't know if there's a The Beat PH.

Also, no Live Jazz love in this topic? I want to buy it, but there are no samples available anywhere in MExico, so I'm going to have to buy it blind =(
    Live Jazz - I hope you'll like it - it's one of my favourites. It's like a creed fragrance in disguise and for a very small fraction of the price.

There is a Burberry Beat pour Homme, but it's gotten mixed reviews.

As for me, here's my summer list:

Azzaro Chrome
    YSL L'Homme
    YSL La Nuit De L'Homme
    Guerlain Vetiver
    L'Anarchiste
    Pino Silvestre
    Cool Water
    GIT
    Body Kouros
    Live Jazz

and..

Jazz! Wow, this was completely boring in the winter. Wearing it in heat unleashed the beast. There's a whole slew of notes in this in the heat that I didn't notice before. Especially the leather.

Thierry Mugler Cologne

Bulgari aqua

Millesime Imperial

D&G PH
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Now there's an abundance of choices. I like Azzaro it is subtle but yet there. Most of those listed I have to try and really looking forward to! Azzaro Chrome is always on someones list (I like the scent very much), Mugler as well (unisex, I think), Bvlgari aqua too (something really to it), Vetiver is constantly mentioned (looking forward to try that one)
    Last edited by Zgb; 5th April 2009 at 12:00 PM.

Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post

Link was very helpful. Thanks!!!

I don't know the best but for this summer I plan to wear what I own:

Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Bond Coney Island

and possibly pick up Creed Imperial

and rotate those 4

Dependent

2nd le male summer 08 some evergood ones are

LDIssey
    Bvlgari Extreme
    Loewe solo
    gucci phII
    Givenchy very irresistable fresh attitude

Ah, the first person to mention Givenchy. It is somewhat fresh, but again it leaves this certain woodsy warmth. Bvlgari extreme sounds interesting, never tried it
    Last edited by Zgb; 6th April 2009 at 09:11 AM.

i never realised until now that A*Men is an excellent scent for summers. i dont need to tell you folks what kinda summer we have here...it's been a discovery and i'm hooked on to it since the time i re-discovered this masterpiece.

A woman's point of view. What I like most on men in summer is Mugler Cologne and Sisley's Eau De Campagne. So, so nice.

There are so many good summer frags out there.

-Guerlain Vetiver Frozen
    -Mugler Cologne
    -Bvlgari Aqva
    -Bvlgari Extreme
    -Molton Brown Cool
    -Gai Mattiolo UOMO
    -Ed Hardy Love & Luck
    -Platinum Egoiste
    -Dunhill Edition
    -Kenzo Power
    -Armani Mania
    -Banana Republic Slate
    -Cartier Roadster
    -Cartier Un Jardin En Mediterranee
    -Cartier Un Jardin sur le Nil
    -Eau de Cartier Concentree
    -Prada Infusion d'Iris
    -Prada Infusion d'Homme
    -Miller Harris Citron Citron
    -Fragonard Concerto
    -L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme
    -Live Jazz
    .....and many more
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

My personal summer rotation is:
    Ed Hardy Love and Luck
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Polo Blue
    Azzaro Chrome
    Azzaro Chrome Legend
    Lise Watier Neiges

Surprised no one has mentioned YSL M7 Fresh - great for hot weather. My rotation also includes Mare which is IMO even better than Bvlgari Aqua (I like the Bvlgari, I just like Mare better). I personally have tried but don't care for either Chrome or A-Men, just personal taste. Clinique Happy has also been mentioned and is very good. Terre d'Hermes is also an excellent summer or year round choice. Oh, also Bvlgari PH Soir - this is not usually mentioned for summer, but it wears close and is not cloying - I think it will work very well for summer. I will find out if it ever stops snowing here in Chicago!
    Last edited by CYoung234; 6th April 2009 at 12:34 PM.

I like Guerlain's Herba Fresca cause its freshness and beauty, and this scent seems not so popular out there in Vietnam, my country. And Tamdao by Diptyque is also amazing for hot weather. Right now, I'm enjoying Prada Infusion d'Homme.

Eternity
    Wings
    Black XS
    L'Eau d' Issey
    Echo
    Dolce & Gabbana
    Brooks Brothers Country Club
    Moschino Uomo
    Versace Homme
    Fierce
    Sculpture
    Sung Homme
    Realm
    Nightflight
    Casran

NIce suggestion list

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    Thierry Mugler Cologne

Bulgari aqua

Millesime Imperial

D&G PH
    D&G PH in the summer? How daring you are sir!

I did this in the Philippines in humid 90 degree weather and I cloyed myself and those around me!

1. Mugler Cologne
    2. Issey Miyake L`Eau Bleue D`Issey Eau Fraiche
    3. Solo Loewe Cologne Intense
    4. Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    5. Chanel Allure Cologne Sport
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

After a solo smellathon this weekend, here are some suggestions for summer:

Castile - class in a glass.
    Hugh Parsons Blue - reallly liking this one after not caring for it when it came out.
    Mugler - the green tonic is something special. Got my first whiff this weekend.
    Artisan - this is a fresh orangey Varvatos scent that most hate, but i love.
    AdP Narranja - fresh oranges
    West Indian Limes - Truefitt and Hill. Lasts for a couple hours only but ZIIIIIING!

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    -Cartier Un Jardin En Mediterranee
    -Cartier Un Jardin sur le Nil
    Surely you mean Hermes, not Cartier. Good list nonetheless.

Fahrenheit 32
    Opium Eau d' Orient (possibly, although a summery version, a slight bit heavy though)
    Boss Elements Aqua
    L' Eau par Kenzo
    Mugler Cologne
    Burberry Weekend
    Azzaro Bright Visit
    Bulgari Extreme
    Best of Chevignon
    Givenchy Insense ultramarine
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 10th April 2009 at 12:00 PM.

How about clean for men? Its nothing too special but the lavendel and raspberry blend in very freshly!

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    D&G PH in the summer? How daring you are sir!

I did this in the Philippines in humid 90 degree weather and I cloyed myself and those around me!
    I did this a couple years ago, also.
    I couldn't get it's stench out of my car!

I've been doing Eau de Cartier Concentrée 2/1 with Gucci PH on the warmer days lately...

This nice woman in florida has this little company Irène Parfums, her "Susinum" has been my anyweather fragrance of choice for a minute, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Fahrenheit 32
    Opium Eau d' Orient (possibly, although a summery version, a slight bit heavy though)
    Boss Elements Aqua
    L' Eau par Kenzo
    Mugler Cologne
    Burberry Weekend
    Azzaro Bright Visit
    Bulgari Extreme
    Best of Chevignon
    Givenchy Insense ultramarine
    Hmm I tried to find Hugo Boss Elements Aqua here in Zagreb, but alas no perfumery seems to have it

Guys I have not found any information in Basenotes about a very little known frag called "FERRARI LIGHT ESSENCE". I bought it blindly as i liked the light blue green coloured juice in a clear bottle. But when i tried it........
    I was amazed.
    In India it gets close to 46degree celcius in summers but Light Essence stuck with me like a loyal friend.
    It contains Lime, green apples, Melon, bergamot and tangerine.With musky undertones (sooooo refreshing)
    But the thing that amazed me a lot was the fact that it lasted a good solid 10 plus hours even in scorching sun.
    Even survives perspiration.

I have realised that its a little difficult to find though.

It is available at perfume2order.com at a reasonable price.
    I am through my first 4.2oz bottle and onto the second one.
    Please give it a try...
    Its a hidden gem...a sleeper hit.

Mugler Cologne
    Azzaro Chrome
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Versace Eau Fraiche
    Allure Homme Sport (edt)
    360 Red
    Hugo XY
    212 H20
    Millesime Imperial

Wow, I can't get over how popular Mugler Cologne is! Last time I tried it I just thought it was salty and no where near as clean and refreshing as I was hoping it'd be. I gotta give it another try it seems.

I wear the same scents regardless of the weather, I just wear less when it's hot/humid.