Default Re: Best men's cologne for summer

My favorite summer fragrances are:

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior
    Monsieur de Givenchy
    Green Water by Jacques Fath
    Vetiver by Guerlain
    Pour Homme by Yves St. Laurent
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Boucheron Pour Homme eau de parfum (evening)
    Last edited by Atlanta1; 14th March 2010 at 04:07 AM.

Gotta give another vote for Mugler Cologne. I love this fragrance!

I live in southern California, so it's fairly warm most of the year. If I'm not mistaken, some of Croatia has a Mediterranean climate. Anyway, I like Roger and Gallet Extra Vieille, Guerlain Eau du Coq, and Eau Sauvage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Gotta give another vote for Mugler Cologne. I love this fragrance!
    Me too, is weaker than sin though. Anyone know any stronger alternatives? And don't say Guerlain vetiver.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Sel de Vetiver
    Mugler Cologne
    Ice Men
    Soliel de Capri
    Versace L'Homme

Jesus, I started this thread in april last year! How did it pop up all of a sudden?

This revoked memories indeed! Although I still find myself to be a beginner, year ago I was a pure newb

My collection has grown so much since then...and continues to grow...
    Last edited by Zgb; 14th March 2010 at 09:18 AM.

Eternity Summer 2006
    Cool Water Frozen and Happy Summer
    Cool Water Game
    Ice Men
    360 Red
    Chrome (but they say Bijan Wicked is better, haven't tested it though)
    Paul Smith Story
    Polo Sport
    L'eau D'Issey Summer 2007 (still searching for a bottle!)
    Jil Sander Sun Men (would love to test the "Fresh" version)
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Dunhill Fresh
    Dunhill Pure
    Dunhill Desire Blue
    Nautica Voyage
    Last edited by cescpistol; 14th March 2010 at 11:45 AM.

1. Mugler Cologne
    2. Issey Miyake L`Eau Bleue
    3. Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo

Yachting or Beach by Pascal Morabito

YAAAAAYYY!!! Summer cologne thread again. End of winter soon, I hope.

My list:

Creed Erolfa - favorite aquatic in my collection
    Acqua di Parma Colonia - timeless classic
    Roger Gallet Extra Vielle - 200+ years old; they must be doing something right. I keep a bottle in my gym bag, too. Frequent reapplication may be happily necessary.
    Cartier Pasha Fraicheur Menthe - very nice take on mint
    Creed Neroli Sauvage - love this one year round, but the citrus notes are particularly appealing in warm weather
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 14th March 2010 at 01:15 PM.

1 - Mugler - Cologne
    2 - Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros
    3 - Creed - Millesime Imperial
    4 - Yves Saint Laurent - Live Jazz
    5 - Chanel - Pour Monsieur

The Mugler really lifts me up, smells exactly like a sunmilk we used when i was very young...brings back happy memories.
    Knize Ten !

Mines

Hugo Energise
    Lacoste Essential & Style in play
    Bugvari aqua
    issey mistake
    armani mania
    212 men
    allure homme sport

I have sympathy for the idea of just wearing less scent when its hot, which is what I do in the spring or fall. If you live in a climate where summer temp's reach 100+ and/or is very humid for a couple of months or so, changing to a different kind of fragrance is very helpful. Of course we are months away from that heat right now, but I am travelling and just passed over the equator and that humid hot weather all comes back to me.

These are some really good summer heat fragrances. I know most of these have been mentioned but they are heat tested and proven to work well-

Mugler Cologne - as everyone says it just works well as a refreshing green scent.
    Chrome - In the years this classic has been out nobody has improved upon the steely cold, crisp drydown notes of the Chrome kind of fragrance.
    Kenzoair - very dry woody with a bite of anise - excellent in the heat.
    Chanel Allure Home Sport Cologne - (clear botttle) Smells just like grapefruit going on and seems like an Annick Goutal Hadrian wannabe but, the spicey Allure drydown that layers woods over vanilla mixes nicely for a grapefurit sherbert effect that works wonders in hot weather.
    Erolfa - the classiest sparkling aquatic there is in hot weather. I always get stopped wearing it - mostly older ladies, but hey - it works!
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 14th March 2010 at 07:36 PM.

Kouros
    Jazz
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Live Jazz
    Horizon
    M by Banana Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Me too, is weaker than sin though. Anyone know any stronger alternatives? And don't say Guerlain vetiver.
    Try Paul Smith Story. My preferred vetiver is Vetiver de Puig.

I'm probably one of the very few who like it a lot, but my summer fave has become Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone over the last year.

perhaps Creed Original Vetiver?

So, my last year thread has developed even further Nice advices everyone!

Monsieur Balmain is NUMBER ONE (lemon + sandalwood)

Live Jazz
    Chrome
    212 Men
    Vetiver de Puig
    The Dreamer (2-3 sprays max)

Creed Imperial, Erolfa, and SMW. Also Bulgari aqua/marine. Also Chanel Allure Blanche. Chanel allure sport is good too.

Gendarme 20
    Creed MI
    CPM Concentree
    Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

azzaro chrome
    allure homme sport
    hugo boss
    versace man eau fraiche

Cool Water, Versace Man Eau Fra´che, Mugler Cologne, Infusion d┤Homme, Opium pour Homme Eau d┤Orient Poesie Chine, Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger and Dior Homme Sport for example

L'eau par kenzo homme edt

L'eau de Issey Summer

l'eau d' issey pour homme
    versace man eau fraiche

This thread pops up once again, I started it in 2009. and still it ressurects from time to time

It is nice, though, to be reminded of the past times and my own beginnings here, now with all these years past I myself could give some recommendations despite the fact.

Kenzo Power
    Kenzo Pour Homme
    Versace Pour Homme
    Boss in motion black
    Bvlgari Aqua
    Boss Elements Aqua
    Davidoff Cool Water (my own No1 compliment getter)
    Cerruti Pour Homme
    L'eau d' Issey

Cheap and good - Thierry Mugler Cologne
    Bit Expensive and Good - Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta
    Very Expensive and Good - Tom Ford Private Blend - Nerolio Portfino

Creed Original Vetiver , don't worry despite the name is Vetiver free, I love it! by the way already mentined by Abakus.
    Another alternative is Prelude to Love by Kilian, Outstanding longevety.
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 14th September 2011 at 08:32 AM.

Okay, so let's bring this one into 2012, guys! So, I live in Oklahoma where it is unbearably, miserably, hot and humid in the summer. Last year, temperature rose to 115 F and didn't drop below 100 F for ten solid weeks. So, while I too, feel that simply wearing less cologne IS a very good idea for the summer months, in some areas, regions like this one, I really feel that having at least one "summer scent" is very much the way to go. When just walking 50 ft. from your car to the solace of an air conditioned... anything, feels like being cremated alive, drenching you in sweat from head to toe, and making you contemplate suicide, and if you, like myself, must wear dress clothes to work, it's a very wonderful thing to feel and smell clean.

I should mention that I'm a temporarily misplaced northerner, and a usual wearer of gourmands, and wonderfully unique (designer, yet to explore niche) scents. I first inhaled Mugler's Cologne in Macy's two days ago, unlike the fragrances I typically admire, the scent isn't edible, intoxicating, compelling or complicated. It smells wonderfully light, and fresh; "like summer's nemesis in a bottle," I thought. Bright, different, citrusy, and... clean. It's wasn't sharp or pretentious, nor did it smell stereotypical, tired, or played-out in any way. It was truly unique, but didn't scream it whatsoever. As a fragrance, the quiet, creative, underachiever in the back of the classroom; the one, who, rather than engage in banal discussion, prefers simply to gaze out the window upon the sun-dappled world below. The silent prodigy. I can see why this scent is so frequently labeled 'the fragrance for those who dislike fragrances'. To me, what makes Mugler's Cologne so exceptional is that it is nothing more than the smell of "pleasant"; no more, and no less. Coming from the same mastermind behind the powerful, dark, rich, and evocative, A*Men, Theirry Mugler ought to be lauded for having successfully created the quintessential yin for his unequivocal yang. Although many people have already praised this fragrance, when it comes to Cologne, its genius lies not in complicate details, but, rather, in the paucity of them. For some, the scent of simplicity is too complex to understand, and for this reason I will be making this Mugler's Cologne my signature summer scent. Light, breezy, mellow, cool, easy, fresh, clean and refreshingly delightful. All hail Mugler!

The beautiful, otherworldly, fresh, lush, clean, futuristic-gleam of Mugler Cologne for the humid, dog days of summer and Terre D'Hermes for the other merely hot/warm ones. TDH is fantastic year-round though, providing a refreshing splash of bright, unique, elegant, refined, masculinity.

So, there it is, it popped out again

Nice to see an old thread, especially when it's your own - then you laugh seeing how inexperienced you were once, zealous.

How does the current formulation Cool water smell ?

I remember smelling Cool water on my uncle some 5 years ago and I was absolutely stunned, it was so fresh, minty, herbal, salty and instantly reminded me of the ocean but I never really got around owning it, no idea why........

Mine has a huge blast of lavender. I'm not sure if that's how it's always been but it's still smell pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard_Butler View Post
    How does the current formulation Cool water smell ?

I remember smelling Cool water on my uncle some 5 years ago and I was absolutely stunned, it was so fresh, minty, herbal, salty and instantly reminded me of the ocean but I never really got around owning it, no idea why........
    Can't tell, the version I have was bought in 2009. and I love it. It has also garnered me the most compliments from my collection. I hope it was not ruined

AdP Colonia Assoluta

I have to throw this little tidbit in, seeing as how you guys are talking about Cool Water. Personally, I love watermelon and every fragrance that I have tried that's supposed to have a watermelon note, doesn't, at least to my nose. "Cool Water Game" is a great little summer fragrance, and is the only one I have found that has a true watermelon note.

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    I have to throw this little tidbit in, seeing as how you guys are talking about Cool Water. Personally, I love watermelon and every fragrance that I have tried that's supposed to have a watermelon note, doesn't, at least to my nose. "Cool Water Game" is a great little summer fragrance, and is the only one I have found that has a true watermelon note.
    I agree, it does have a strong watermellon note indeed.

My latest discovery is L'eau par Kenzo wild edition. Albeit nothing wild about it, it is a rather nice airy scent.

It's time to restock my Mugler Cologne. I remember always seeing this online for cheap. Now it's either not in stock, or very close to retail price.

Yeah, I only saved about $12 over retail by purchasing a 3.4 EDT of Mugler Cologne on amazon the other day, but it did come in a small kit with a delectable shampoo/body wash that is like heaven when I use it after coming home from the gym and before bed! So fresh and so clean, clean!

Creed MI
    Creed Erolfa
    Thierry Mugler Cologne
    Fahrenheit. Yes Fahrenheit. Always reminds me of going out on a hot summers night.
    Eternity
    Horizon
    Dior Homme Sport