Code of Conduct

Question YSL Opium Pour Homme Bottle Question

I have a bottle of Opium (50ml). Recently i noticed that the dark blue spray part of my bottle is kinda loose. Not the nozzle but the cheap dark blue plastic neck part of the bottle just above the gold line. Well mine isn't giving any probs but it seems cheap though. Sometimes i'm worried that whole part will just come off when i open the cap. Its not actually loose but i noticed that i am able to turn it slightly left and right and its not stuck on really tight. Anyone else bottle is like this or is it just mine?

Default Re: YSL Opium Pour Homme Bottle Question

Not on mine Jo. I have both Opium EDT and Opium EDP. You may note there's a thread here on LOUSY caps. Evidently, the atomizer and cap are components that can fail in a frag. This is true even for the very best frags on the market. Not sure how to address that.

jer

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a tacky solution, but you could apply clear tape about twice around the join of the neck and bottle. That way you ensure that the neck is rigid while spraying, as its constant movement of the neck that may damage the spray mechanism eventually.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Well the neck part is not very loose. A bit hard to describe...is just that the neck part is kinda like covering the spray mechanism. When i said it was loose what i meant that the neck was not solid like other perfume bottles. The opium bottleneck seemed hollow and flimsy.

My hands got itchy and i pulled on the neck part of the bottle. It came off...to my suprise it was just like a plastic covering. I could still spray the juice out.only prob was that the cover couldn't fit anymore. So i just took the neck part and fitted it back onto the bottle without any probs.But the plastic neck part still was a lil loose though. I'm kinda disappointed with the overall quality of the bottle.seems kinda cheap.but the design and juice is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    My hands got itchy and i pulled on the neck part of the bottle. It came off...to my suprise it was just like a plastic covering. I could still spray the juice out.only prob was that the cover couldn't fit anymore. So i just took the neck part and fitted it back onto the bottle without any probs.But the plastic neck part still was a lil loose though. I'm kinda disappointed with the overall quality of the bottle.seems kinda cheap.but the design and juice is good.
    YSL has of recent really cheeped out on the quality of their bottles lately.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    YSL has of recent really cheeped out on the quality of their bottles lately.
    Yeah, my three Rive Gauche bottles I bought for $20 each all have significantly cheaper qualities than my original Rive Gauche. The top sprayer part is a little bent and obviously disconnected from the body, whereas in my original bottle it is one fluid design.

I wouldn't be surprised about Opium because I see it being sold at discount, too, but my original bottle is very sturdy.

However, the L'Homme and its flanker, La Nuit, have excellent build quality. So if you bought your YSL for cheap, chances are they just cheaped out on the bottle and not the juice.

Quote Originally Posted by dynendal View Post
    Yeah, my three Rive Gauche bottles I bought for $20 each all have significantly cheaper qualities than my original Rive Gauche. The top sprayer part is a little bent and obviously disconnected from the body, whereas in my original bottle it is one fluid design.

I wouldn't be surprised about Opium because I see it being sold at discount, too, but my original bottle is very sturdy.

However, the L'Homme and its flanker, La Nuit, have excellent build quality. So if you bought your YSL for cheap, chances are they just cheaped out on the bottle and not the juice.
    Agreed that L'Homme's bottle is excellent.my only complaint is that it will be kind of a challenge to bring on a holiday..but it think i won't mind the extra weight because of how excellent the bottle and the juice is.