Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Eau de Sisley 1, 2 & 3

I saw these at Saks today, but was only able to test them on paper. Has anyone else tried them? The SA was calling them Sun, Earth & Water. But I guess from reading the copy below, you can call them whatever you want.

From The Scented Salamander:

The scents in the Eaux-de-Sisley trio are simply called Eau de Sisley 1, Eau de Sisley 2 and Eau de Sisley 3 as the brand wanted to leave room for perfume-wearers to imagine the perfumes. "Each fragrance is simply numbered, so as to offer everyone the pleasure of naming it."...

Eau de Sisley 1 is described as being floral and joyful and evokes a "sunkissed summer dress brimming with the msytery of a summer garden." It weaves notes of green tangerine, grapefruit, pink berries, a pinch of spice together with jasmine water, green tea and slightly bitter juniper berries. The base of the composition rests upon a chypre from the Hesperides and musk.

Eau de Sisley 2 is both a sparkling and transparent composition. In keeping with the dress thematic, it is evocative of "a white-flower dress dotted with green notes." It opens on subtly spicy notes of cardamom and bergamot with a touch of basil before unfolding on notes of water lily, jasmine from Egypt, cyclamen and rose. It lingers on the skin thanks to patchouli, vetiver, cedar and sandalwood. The perfume is said to reinvent a modern green note.

Eau de Sisley 3 promises to be "surprisingly addictive" and "unexpected" (don't you love so-called "addictive perfumes"? Perfumers usually try their best to hook us in such cases). It is the perfume illustration of "a seductive dress adorned with sparkling rubies." The scent features notes of citrus, bergamot, tangerine, grapefruit, and lemon in the top. It then segues into a heart of purple ginger, Chinese osmanthus, hints of peach and apricot before developing a drydown of patchouli, vetiver, benjamin resin, vanilla and musk.

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...1_2_3_200.html

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Eau de Sisley 1, 2 & 3

Did you like them?
    Evenstar

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Did you like them?
    From what I could tell from them on paper they seemed nice - they be a little light for my tastes though. But I will definitely go back and skin test them before I make any definitive comments/decisions.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Do you recall their RRP Joe?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Do you recall their RRP Joe?
    I was in a hurry last night so I did not ask. So I called this morning. They are $165 for a 100ml bottle - more then I was expecting.

They are not on sale at Saks yet, they just have the testers. The products are due to be in the store April 18th.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 4th April 2009 at 03:41 PM.

They're okay but nowhere as amazing as Sisley's first two creations. Very light for the price, though. I can see either 1 or 2 being the most popular, as they're more along the lines of traditional colognes.
    Last edited by Trebor; 4th April 2009 at 03:48 PM.

I saw these at the local Saks on Friday. I sniffed but did not have any available skin to test (not without shedding my garments, anyway), since I'd already stopped at the Tom Ford station! They seemed all right, or as a German friend would say, "gut genug", but they did seem overpriced for what they are - and the S/A was recommending that one should get all 3 to mix and layer - at $165 per!

Eager to test.

Im bumping this thread as I also managed to try these today.

I can't say they're breaking new ground, but I did actually like No. 3.

No.1 is quite lightweight, floral and soapy (with hints of olive blossom, to my nose).

No. 2 is a reinterpretation on Mugler's Angel Innocent theme.

No.3 kept reminding me of something all afternoon, until I finally worked out that this is reminiscent of L'eau Bleue d'Issey.

The stock was not in (only the testers) so I couldn't see if prices would render a purchase prohibitive. No.3 is still the best of the trio IMO.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 16th May 2009 at 05:05 PM.

I liked No 3 best too - the most interesting to my mind. I would call it unisex, while No 1 struck me as more of a masculine (a distinctive juniper note?), and No 2 seemed more floral and feminine, though also quite tart.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 16th May 2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: comma issues!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

No.1 quite masculine? *shrugs* Not to my nose :-/

I have found two reviews (by women) which echo my view - fragranceblogspot and nstperfume:

"but thanks to the darker character of the aromatic, bitter, evergreen scent of juniper berries, 1 has the most masculine opening of the three."

"Its crisp, fresh and lively, and the juniper berry is strong enough in the early stages to give it a unisex-leaning-towards-masculine bent."

But I appreciate that you are coming at this from a completely different dermatological gender angle!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

I really liked number 2, with its citrus vetiver combo, but it didn't last on me.

And I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm buying a $165 perfume if they don't have samples for me to be able to give it a couple of for-real wearings. I guess they're trying to earn some exclusivity points by not giving samples to the SA's, but really...

(or maybe the Neiman's Sisley SA just didn't think I seemed serious enough and lied )
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I have found two reviews (by women) which echo my view - fragranceblogspot and nstperfume:

"but thanks to the darker character of the aromatic, bitter, evergreen scent of juniper berries, 1 has the most masculine opening of the three."

"Its crisp, fresh and lively, and the juniper berry is strong enough in the early stages to give it a unisex-leaning-towards-masculine bent."

But I appreciate that you are coming at this from a completely different dermatological gender angle!
    Wow, Im astonished...

I would be interested in hearing other men's insights on this one... if women find this to be a masculine fragrance, and a great deal of men find it to be feminine, then haven't Sisley succeeded in making a truly genderless scent?

FYI, fragrancenet.com has all of these for $129 each...

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Still WAY too much, IMO.......

They are supposedly EDTs, but to me they are just decent eaux de cologne with Sisley's chypre base. Next!

I liked no.3 on paper (very realistic ginger), but it fell flat on skin. The two others failed to hold my interest for very long. Meh.

Edit: hey, hey! Mille posts.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 19th May 2009 at 05:45 PM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I got a second full days wearing today from a carded sample and very much enjoy the No. 3.
    I've just blogged about it. (See link in siggy).

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    They are supposedly EDTs, but to me they are just decent eaux de cologne with Sisley's chypre base. Next!
    I couldn't have put it better myself...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Entering MASTER in coupon code space takes off additional 15% bringing the price down to $109.82 with free shipping.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Entering MASTER in coupon code space takes off additional 15% bringing the price down to $109.82 with free shipping.
    Still WAY too much money IMO for these fragrances. Is there an additional 75% off code?
    Last edited by petruccijc; 19th May 2009 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Wow, Im astonished...

I would be interested in hearing other men's insights on this one... if women find this to be a masculine fragrance, and a great deal of men find it to be feminine, then haven't Sisley succeeded in making a truly genderless scent?
    That or they failed to make a fragrance that either group would identify with

Haven't smelled the juice, just thought i would add a sarcastic remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Scooter View Post
    That or they failed to make a fragrance that either group would identify with

Haven't smelled the juice, just thought i would add a sarcastic remark.
    HURRAH for sarcasm!

Are any of them as masculine or more so than Eau Di Campagne (which I like and own) ?
    Do they smell as natural as Eau Di Campagne ?

It's ridiculous to pay a full price for Sisley trio.
    Nothing special, watered down colognes. 1 and 2 are reminsicent to Campagne and Eau de Soir. The third one smells like Kenzo Jungle Elephant
    Last edited by DreamerII; 31st August 2009 at 08:14 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I really like Eau de Sisley 3 and its my favourite citrus scent, price aside.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Basenotes Institution

No 3 is my favorite - it's much like Eau De Soir - in fact the SA said it's considered an Eau de Toilette type version of it !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.