Code of Conduct

Thread: Masculine scent

Default Masculine scent

Hey Basenoters I'm looking for a little help. I already found a good sporty cologne that I like and I was thinking of getting a good masculine scent that will fit ages 20 through 25 something casual, but don't have an idea whats out there. Also what cologne do you think Batman would wear? Gracias.Donka.I think that's how you say "thank you" in German.

Default Re: Masculine scent

Batman would wear Bulgari Black.

Try Cool Water or D&G "The One"

Batman would wear Nasomatto Silver Musk because it is is meant to evoke "superhero magnetism."
    Last edited by adonis; 4th April 2009 at 05:31 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Gabystie, if you really want to enjoy the most of joys that the fragrance world has to offer you, PLEASE do not hold on to the belief that there are certain scents for certain AGES. For levels of experience/exposure, yes. But not for age-bands. It can be so limiting.

Bruce Wayne, the man, seems like a sombre dark kind of guy. Looks like he would wear C&S No 88 or Ungaro I. Bat Man, the superhero, would probably not wear mere-mortal frags
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Just tried Dior's Eau de sport today and think it would be appropriate.Distinctive and fairly long lasting without being too old or musty.
    Batman,on the other hand,would def be something rubbery such as Bulgari black or earthy,How about Dirt by Demeter??
    funnyboy

Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    That almost makes too much sense.

I disagree with Most of the suggestions except for perfaddict (no offense to any of you). I would say think Gucci pour Homme fits your description best. It is masculine and generally viewed as a mature, but not "old" smelling scent.

Some others worth trying are:
    Carven Homme
    Rive Gauche
    Angel men
    Dzing!

Some are sweeter than others but still masculine in my view.

Batman uses Ungaro III

Dependent

isnt is Danke? anyways below are some masculine scents(imo) i use at work

Boss Selection (spicey sweet)
    Eau Sauvage (Citrus)
    Bvlgari Aqua (mossy aquatic)
    Fahreheit (just a must have)

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Any reviews for these scents ? What are the notes ? More discussion needs to be put into "young" scents like these supposedly made for kids.

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT fragrance by Marmol & Son

DESIGN HOUSE - Marmol & Son
    YEAR INTRODUCED - 2008
    FRAGRANCE NOTES - A Blend Of Orange Blossom Vanilla And Musk

Only 17.49 for 100ml @ fragrancenet... mmm tempting...

http://www.fragrancenet.com/batman-t...3?cur_letter=B

Be sure to write us a review if you do buy it.

BTW this seems to be different from the one in the basenotes database.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Any reviews for these scents ? What are the notes ? More discussion needs to be put into "young" scents like these supposedly made for kids.
    Also available:

Backyardigans
    Madagascar 2
    Strawberry Shortcake

Maybe I'll get myself a bottle of Strawberry Shortcake, I've always been a big fan.

Lalique Encre Noire
    Yves Saint Laurent M7
    Last edited by Sloan; 6th April 2009 at 08:49 PM.

No but seriously, Gabystie, I'm pretty new to frags, but I think this is the best advice you can get:

Don't be in a hurry to get a new frag. Spend some time trying stuff out in Sephora and Ulta, they always have plenty of testers laying around for you to sample stuff and the Sales Associates aren't pushy. They mostly have mainstream stuff (not Ungaro, M7, Rive Gauche and all the other stuff basenoters love), but the best thing I think is to sniff a lot of things and get an idea what you like before you actually shell out cash.

I mean think about it a bottle of cologne is probably gonna last you at least half a year, so it's a pretty big investment... it's worth taking the time to make sure you get the best thing. Once you have an idea of what kind of frag you like (there are different genres of frags, just like there are different genres of music, movies, etc.) then you can get into it more and start ordering samples online and stuff. Take your time

The fragrancenet.com describes it as a Blend Of Orange Blossom Vanilla And Musk, sounds pretty fine. Hopefully someone will overcome the overall look of the fragrance and try it out, it just might turn out to be in the Sotd. Who knows?
    Perfume noob

Also available:

Backyardigans
    Madagascar 2
    Strawberry Shortcake

Maybe I'll get myself a bottle of Strawberry Shortcake, I've always been a big fan.
    I was just checking out all the "children" stuff. It actually does seem interesting to me. That boys Disney Mini set must have something decent. If they were selling them in my town, I may go for it SirSlarty did a review for Wolverine cologne a few months back as well. Those superheros, fighting crime and smelling good.

Oh, and although I am a guy ( like you), I was a fan of Strawberry Shortcake. Wasn't there a boy called Blueberry something ? Anyways....masculine scents

"And may that fragrance be a masculine fragrance.." - Luca Brazzi

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I was just checking out all the "children" stuff. It actually does seem interesting to me. That boys Disney Mini set must have something decent. If they were selling them in my town, I may go for it SirSlarty did a review for Wolverine cologne a few months back as well. Those superheros, fighting crime and smelling good.

Oh, and although I am a guy ( like you), I was a fan of Strawberry Shortcake. Wasn't there a boy called Blueberry something ? Anyways....masculine scents
    Hahaha! I couldn't find that review, what did he say?

Do let us know what you think of those minis if you purchase them!

Now if only they had fragrances for Aladdin and Sword in the Stone

Check out Slarty's blog ( in the blog section). I think he said it was musky with some citrus at the start. Nice to have someone on here that gives reviews for obscure fragrances, among other things.

And a fragrance for a young Arthur ( Sword in the Stone), that would be a full bottle worthy addition