Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 4 April

Good morning!

Chose Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte (notes: lily of the valley, blackcurrant buds, mimosa, cocoa, vanilla) for the Floral S'n'S Saturday.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 4th April 2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 4 April

AL Madonna Lily on the first gloomy day of the week.
    I barely smell myself as I have a severe case f the sniffles, but it's quite lovely.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I bought some Shalimar EdP this week, so I am enjoying my first full wearing from my bottle today!

Happy Saturday everyone!!!

Good morning!
    I'm still starry-eyed from a full day at "Scent of Excellence", the first niche perfumery exhibition I attended....from the lovely Vero Kern with all her passion for her extraordinary perfumes, to Monsieur Montale who's a hyper-active guy, to Pierre Guillaume nuzzling my neck and inhaling one of his extinct scents (it was Marilyn&John), to an interesting chat with Mark Buxton, to talking to Mona di Orio over the phone and getting her new scent, Chamarré, explained (tigs and Dragon, look out for this one, it's a gorgeous lavender based scent-and this comes from a lavender hater!). And...surprise!.....meeting our own darling Mrs Grant, Danielle
    What an unforgettable experience!

Wearing a Montale today

Aoud Leather Lime

:toppie:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

For Sniff'n'Speak floral day I'm wearing Narcissus Poeticus from the Opulentals range by Annette Neuffer (BN's jazztweety). See S'n'S thread for more details.

I am so happy for you my dear LIB that your day was truly wonderful. Now we are both starry-eyed

I wish it had been possible.....you meeting me in Paris and then going to your "Scent of Excellence", although the thought of Pierre Guillaume nuzzling *my* neck....

We will have a lot to discuss!

One gloomy day before spring will be back again in all its beauty, so I can safely wear

Bois d'Armenie

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Nukapai. I hope you had a joyful and happy day. And maybe you are still celebrating the entire weekend?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Happy Birthday to Nukapai!

I had Yum Cha with my grandma and relatives. Wore Midnight Violet by Ava Luxe.

Tried to find a floral scent that fit my mood today....But it's still very much winther outside,so I ended up with a real Diva oriental instead....Sotd is Poison. Have a lovely day all and a belated birthday hug to Nukapai

Thank you for the b-day wishes! xxx

LIB - oh wow, sounds wonderful!

I'm in TDC Charmes et Feuilles today for S&S. I wrote out my full impressions in that thread. (The other one I tested, new scent from Annick Goutal, turned out to be a hideous scrubber).

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday 4 April

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Wore Avon Far Away for work this afternoon. This evening trying out a few of my new Czech and Speake samples for SnS - Rose, Dark Rose, Mimosa and Neroli. Will post opinons on the SnS thread.

Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by jillsy; 4th April 2009 at 12:40 PM.

Quand Vient la Pluie today, though it's a bright sunny day

The new, the big, the bold floral by Karl Lagerfeld ~

Chloe'

(Tworoads ~ I'll have to send you some on honor of your golden girl! )

Today, our local schools are in session - , Saturday school - to make up for one of our 4 "snow days" this gawd awful winter. The kids don't seem to mind as much as the adults!
    Will try to get back on later to post for the S&S...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh as SotD, from a sample. Gentle lavender/citrus opening that slowly blooms into an incense dominated close to the skin beauty.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Precious, precious Iris Gris.

Basenotes Institution

Since it is FLORAL'S day, for me it's:

Richard James Savile Row by Richard James

One of my best men's florals. Bright, white - puts a little spring in my step every time I wear it. Looks like I need it, on this cloudy, overcast Saturday morning.

LIB, this is something to be very starry-eyed for! Who is writing the report? Where did the whole event take place? Where can we read more about it? What did you wear and what did you eat?

Happy belated birthday to Nukapai and I am totally for the idea of making it a birthday weekend. Treat yourself gently and surround yourself in beautiful scents. Oh yeah, and enjoy your new L'Artisan (I gave more than 1/2 of a 100ml bottle away to a BN person who never even thought of leaving feedback ).

As planned, starting this cloudy April day in a Mayflower -- lily of the valley. Surprising how many of us can't stand this note in a fragrance, just check the newly resurrected "Notes we hate" thread. On the other hand, I am glad that Ms.R wears her Diorissimo perfume once in a blue moon (or is it Diorissimo's sweet sueded base she enjoys most?).

Coty Muguet de Bois, vintage, originally created by Henri Robert (Cristalle, #19) but reformulated many times ever since. Mine is somewhat old and lacks the oil rectification plant aftertaste of the very modern Coty. More on the dedicated thread.

After last night's 4 lilies of the valley, I will wear three more today.

Lady in Black that sounds like an amazing time can you tell us more, please.

For SnS Saturday it was easy to choose my spring bloom. Stately Somerville Manor has lilacs all around it and nothing means spring more to me than lilacs so for Floral SnS I'm in:

Frederic Malle En Passant

My review is in the SnS thread.

Have a Sybaritic Saturday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 4th April 2009 at 02:37 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Just returned from my trip to the Netherlands and I'm dead tired. Tried Chanel Chance at the airport but it's not for me.
    Have a great Saturday, everyone!

I was going to go with En Passant (you smell terrific, Somerville MM), but then my dogs trotted after two white butterflies on their morning walk, and the jasmine was blooming in the back yard, so I was inspired to put La Chasse aux papillons on my left arm and La Chasse aux Papillons extreme on the right.

I've left more comments about this on the Floral SnS thread.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 4th April 2009 at 03:17 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Givenchy Insensé for Sniff 'n' Speak Floral Saturday.

Top Notes: Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Basil
    Middle Notes: Magnolia, Lily of the Valley, Iris, Lentiscus
    Base Notes: Firbalsam

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Am I late in celebrating the birth of Nukapai? Clearly, the festivities should be drawn out anyway. Happiest of days, Pia.
    Here's a toast to a lovely soul. The strawberry remind us you're a pretty redhead, and the outdoor setting reminds me of one of the first gardening scene photos you posted here at BN.

I'm awash in violets (4 different frags). Will post more in Sniff 'n' Speak thread.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

S&S is Ofrésia by Diptique.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Vétiver Oriental
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Dear Nukapai: a very happy birthday to you!

I am wearing Bois de Violette, the weather forbidding a sunnier floral.

Thank you so much Quarry and Therese - and everyone who has been posting b-day wishes

Quarry, that is a lovely photo; and some of my favourite things!

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Nukapai!

Congratulations on your L'Artisan acquisition--you've been wanting it so. Good on DH.

LIB--what a wonderful experience. Yes, details.

For SnS, prior to exercising/showering, I'm donning Parfums de Nicolai's Sacrebleu and Odalisque. I think, though, that Sacrebleu could be classified as an oriental (?) but I'm not too adept at classifying scents yet.

I'm planning on wielding the big guns post-shower: Carnal Flower.

Have a lovely day!

Mimosaique.

Happy Birthday, Nukapai!

Happy (belated) Birthday Nukapai!

I´m wearing Versace Versense today.

-What is your SotD Shycat??

Happy birthday Nukapai.

I wore Houbigant's Quelques Fleurs last night to bed. It was so wonderful when I put it on. But then I fell asleep. This morning it was still pretty strong but a little "dirty". I am so sory I missed what happened in between.
    Now I am trying Mahora, which when I put it on I thought was Nahema.

I'm wearing Molinard Violette for today's Spring Blooms S&S. I will write more in the S&S thread ...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 4th April 2009 at 05:30 PM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Etat Libre d'Orange
    VRAIE BLONDE

Serge Lutens Borneo 1834

Lavender for peaceful dreams: ELd'O Antihéros
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Good night, Tigrushka! It's still morning here, for two more minutes. My SotD is DIANTHUS, by Etro. I posted more information in the SnS thread, but can't resist posting the beautiful bottle here, too:

Guerlain Chamade for S&S. Not my cup of tea.
    Will slip into something tried and true later.

Happy belated birthday, Nukapai!

How come I can't see birthdays any more??

Haunani, that is a pretty bottle!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 4th April 2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: adding a picture

Wearing APRES L'ONDEE today but I also tested L'Occitane's VETYVER

Le Labo Rose 31
    Evenstar

Happy Birthday, Nukapai!

Wearing multi scents for the SnS:

Fidji, N'Aimez que Moi, Le Temps d'une Fete, 28 La Pausa, and Dia. *Sighs with contentment*

Happy Birthday Nukapai! Armani Cuir Amethyste for SnS. This is the weekend my Daughter got married 3 years ago. This weekend before Easter will always remind me of Easter Lilies, white Wedding dress, cake.... fun memories.

Feminité du Bois.

Zara Ambar

Artisan's Iris Pallida

Happy birthday, Nukapai!

Bandit extrait, for going out tonight.

Happy Birthday, Nukapai! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

For SnS Saturday, I'm bravely wearing two jasmines. Bravely, since I shy away from jasmine; it sometimes makes me headache-y. Or rather head swell-y. Okay so far, though.

Montale Jasmin Full (thanks, lushsoup )
    and
    Serge Lutens Sarrasins (thanks, RHM )

I'm 'Sniff'-ing, but I've run out of time for the 'Speak' portion of this exercise. Have a fabulous evening, all!

Today I'm feeling very Spring-y in Penhaligon's Bluebell for SnS Saturday. A difficult category for me, since my tastes pretty much run in the opposite direction, but quite fun to read everyone's picks and reviews!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge as SotE. Great startup with peppermint and bergamot opening up the act!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I was feeling a bit queasy this morning, and even sprayed a floral (Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite), but it instantly nauseated me, so I scrubbed. I applied one of the most "nausea safe" scents I have--Miller Harris Tangerine Vert. It is primarily a citrus cologne, but it does have some floral (as do most fragrances).

Notes: Sicilian green tangerines, grapefruit, citron, marjoram, geranium, orange flower, cedar, moss, musk (from luckyscent.com)

The orange flower is quite prominent and it blends subtly with the other citrus notes. It has the effect of carrying the more fleeting fruit notes into the middle stage of the development. I am sure this fragrance is relatively complex, but the overall effect is that of a straighforward, well rounded, fresh citrus scent.

SotA&E is Gap Heaven, in keeping with the S&S theme.

I was going to wear Pure Poison, but decided on something a little more chill. I haven't worn Heaven since this summer, and I do appreciate its clean, fresh simplicity. I was going to pass my bottle on to my sister, but I think I'll hold on to it.

Original Vetiver by Creed.
    Gary

SotN is SL Borneo 1834...hope everybody had a great Saturday!

Etat Libre d'Orange
    PUTAIN DES PALACES

Parfums Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse:

Top Notes: Jasmine, Spicy Bergamot, Absolute of Violet Leaf
    Mid Notes: Cyclamen, Almond Blossom, Lilac, and Violet
    Base Notes: Iris, Sandalwood, and Sweet Musk

(Originally launched in 1936, it's by far one of the older scents in my wardrobe!)
    Last edited by tang; 5th April 2009 at 05:13 AM.