SotY #9 Creed Green Irish Tweed

Total Wears: 292 (0.5%)
    Number of weeks of at least one wear: 51
    Low week: 0 wears in week 32
    High week: 16 wears twice in weeks 3
    Average: 5.61 wears/week
    Number ones: 0
    Top 10’s: 20

Creed Green Irish Tweed comes in at number nine. Green Irish Tweed is one of two Creeds in the top 10. The top week for Green Irish Tweed came in week 3 with a synchronized wear around St. Patrick’s Day sending it to three times its average for that week. Green Irish Tweed had 27 weeks of 6 wears or greater. Like Egoiste, Green Irish Tweed also seemed to be a seasonal scent as it was the Creed that was most present during the warmer months. Green Irish Tweed’s lowest weeks came in the second-half of the year when all 10 of the weeks charting 3 wears or less started with week 26.
    Green Irish Tweed never made it to number one but did make it into 20 top 10’s.
    Green Irish Tweed is definitely one of the two flagship scents for Creed and it is one of the most discussed scents on the boards. Because of that level of discussion I think it is one of the Creeds that even those who have an aversion to Creed give a try. It is also one of those scents that also is widely recommended as one of the Creeds to start with. The final factor to Green Irish Tweed’s popularity is it is genuinely thought to be one of the classics of men’s colognes. All of that together combines to create the number nine scent for the year.
    See you tomorrow with #8.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotY: #9 Creed Green Irish Tweed

Just tell me right now if Terre D' damn Hermes made it to number 1. I already know m7 is somewhere in the mix as well. Dior Homme and Gucci Envy too...

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Just tell me right now if Terre D' damn Hermes made it to number 1. I already know m7 is somewhere in the mix as well. Dior Homme and Gucci Envy too...
    You are only half-right.
    In eight more days you will know.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

What I love about GREEN IRISH TWEED is that is so perfectly named. When I wear it, it really smells and feels "green," "Irish," & "tweedy." It's just the perfect name for this wonderful frangrance.

OFF TOPIC ... By comparison, I have NO IDEA why D&G came up with the name LIGHT BLUE (for men), since there is nothing "light" or "blue" about that fragrance. To me, it smells more like HEAVY MUSTARD.

[QUOTE=When I wear it, it really smells and feels "green," "Irish," & "tweedy." [/QUOTE]

Wtf? Are you serious? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I doubt Terre d'Hermes is number one, probably top 3 though. It seemed like every week Guerlain Vetiver was number one, so I would be positively shocked if it wasn't overall number one as well.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 4th April 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I have tried to like GIT. I gave it several wearings. Couldn't do it. Too...aquatic and just annoyed me.

I gave a friend all of my manufacturer samples and I thought he was going to kiss me, he loves them so much. Thus proving to me, this scent is a love/hate kinda scent.

Somerville Metro Man -

Forget about GIT (I happen own it and love it)!! But this whole chart thing is just so crazy, I love it! How long have you been formally charting your fragrance wear?

Of all the Creeds that I have and like.....I thinks this is the best.
    Gary

Thanks for doing all this Somerville.

Looks like Vetiver was the #1 scent in Fall and Winter, and Terre D'Hermes was #1 in Spring and Summer. Those two should vie for the #1 spot. I am guessing Vetiver wins.

Among Creeds, GIT got its Monthly Top 10s in the Spring and Summer, where BDP took over the Creed mantle in Fall and Winter.

Other scents I expect in the Top 10 besides the 4 named above and Egoiste:

Dior Homme
    Habit Rouge
    Rive Gauche PH
    L’Air du Desert Marocain

The 10th scent is a mystery to me.
    Last edited by Moneysuckle; 5th April 2009 at 01:34 PM.