Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo Amour Indian Holi

As a limited edition, I realise this is quite hard to get hold of in the shops now. I LOVED it when it was out, but resisted buying a bottle at the time as was watching the pennies (still am, lol!), and was finishing a bottle of the original Amour first...

How would one describe this scent, I mean what category would it go into? When I loved was the musky woody rose, but I didn't find it sharp at all, it was what I can only describe as warm and creamy!

As I may not be able to get my hands on this except online, is there a fragrance that is pretty close to this out there somewhere? Any suggestions welcome!

x

Default Re: Kenzo Amour Indian Holi

I have seen this in my local (tiny) department store and at airport duty frees, so it is still knocking around.

Are you not able to shop online? That is your other option as you say, also Ebay:

http://www.fragranceonline.co.uk/pro...oducts_id=3273
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

To my nose, Holi smells like the original Amour with a dose of cinnamon candle wax added. And the parfum (gold bottle) is like original Amour with play doh. Still, I am sure all three would be characterized as woody oriental, and there are plenty of scents in that category.
    Last edited by Asha; 6th April 2009 at 02:10 PM.

This is just wonderful. It's very gourmandy to my nose. I detect some rice pudding in there. It has become quite obscure in my part of the world but I bought my little bottle on line. VM has some great advice!

Hi!

Yep, I have no probs with buying stuff online Really what I wanted were some similar scents to hunt down, in adition to scouting Holi down on the interweb. I just wasnt sure which category it fell into.
    I found neither Amour or Holi have much lasting power on me, so if I could find something very close to Holi that lasted more than a couple of hours, that would be awesome!

So woody oriental gourmand? The original i love for the gourmand aspect, and I can smell this in Holi too. But with roses, and maybe more musk?

Oh, wait, if that is the part you like try a sample of Safran Troublant. Rose and the ricey food thing only more because I think of the associations of saffron with rice. And a gorgeous rose. If you PM me I think I can send you a sample.
    Last edited by debbborra; 7th April 2009 at 08:25 PM.

goldilocks, I think that Bulgari Black and Kenzo Vintage Edition Peace are both quite similar to Kenzo Amour and its flankers. I personally prefer the original Amour over all of the ones I have mentioned, though.

Also, Serge Lutens Douce Amere really reminds me of Amour, even though it is much more about licorice (think Lolita Lempicka).

That's great Asha, thank you. And Debbborra.... I'll make a note of these and take my list down to the shops soon...