Code of Conduct

Default Chav's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    It sounds as if it's the US equivalent of Burbery and it's following of Chavs over here.
    Chav is United Kingdom slang for sub-cultural stereotype fixations on imitation gold, jewelry and clothing. Derivations of chav include charv and charver. Chav comes from the Romani word “chavi”, meaning child. Related words include “charva” for prostitute or Spanish chaval or chavo meaning “lad”.

Tracksuits, hoodies, track suit bottoms and baseball caps are particularly associated with chav culture. The most recognized feature of chav clothing is the Burberry pattern. The stereotype associated with this culture is often juvenile delinquency, the “hoodie” culture, and “Yob” culture.

Oh My ! Are they serious with this.....? ..I may have to burn the Burberry shirt I own.

I guess this is when plaid goes bad LOL

Last edited by scentimus; 6th April 2009 at 03:39 PM.

AromiErotici

Default Re: Charv's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

The fashion police have since issued a warrant for the arrest, conviction and possible beat down of those responsible for this.

Default Re: Charv's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

I was at a tavern with two English girls a weekend ago, and we actually got on the subject of these kind of people. Very arrogant and self-loving, and detested by those around them :-p

Most aren't nearly as bad as the pics above, but you can understand.

These people have been known to cause eye cancer.

Here's a great video of a chav character from the BBC comedy Little Britain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLd3-cfLlvU

Default Re: Chav's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

I don't think they wear fragrances at all, unless ale is considered a scent. Burberry really tries to distance themselves from this element. I find the Chav subculture fascinating, reminds me of The Droogs of "A Clockwork Orange".

Default Re: Chav's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

I thought it was common knowledge that these "chavs" loved everything burberry.

However, I still have an expression of disbelief just by thinking that tartan patterns can be considered "hip". I takes quite a bit of imagination turn "sqaure" into "cool"
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Poor installment of a car wrap. The pattern doesn't line up. Most likely the customer installed it to save money.

America's answer to the Chav phenomenon:

Last edited by monsieur_sparkle; 6th April 2009 at 07:32 PM.

Poor old Burberry. File alongside Stone Island, Lacoste, Paul & Shark and Henri Lloyd for brands latched on to by the Chav or football (soccer) hooligan culture. The amount of fake Burberry scarves you see on markets etc here during the Winter is alarming. Perfume is okay to wear but the choice is limited to Burberry and Lacoste.

What is sad is that Burberry is a classic brand and loads of their peices are amazingly made and cut. If these guys want to trash a brand, I say stick to guido crap like Ed Hardy and Affliction

I think the reason they picked Burberry is because it one of the well know houses of Brittan and its linked with upper class status...

It's just so strange to see thugs dressed like this....

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Poor installment of a car wrap. The pattern doesn't line up. Most likely the customer installed it to save money.
    I don't know about that. Money shouldn't have been an issue as it was done to a Maserati.

http://autoxpo.blogspot.com/2008/07/...ttroporte.html
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I think the reason they picked Burberry is because it one of the well know houses of Brittan and its linked with upper class status...

It's just so strange to see thugs dressed like this....
    Per Widipedia

* Burberry is a clothing company whose products were initially associated with the chav stereotype. Burberry's appeal to chav fashion sense is a sociological example of prole drift, where an up-market product begins to be consumed en masse by a lower socio-economic group. Burberry has argued that the brand's popular association with chav fashion sense is linked to counterfeit versions of the clothing. "They’re yesterday’s news", stated Stacey Cartwright, the CEO of Burberry. "It was mostly counterfeit, and Britain accounts for less than 10% of our sales anyway."[24] The company has taken a number of steps to distance itself from the stereotype. It ceased production of its own branded baseball cap in 2004 and has scaled back the use of its trademarked checkered/tartan design to such an extent that it now only appears on the inner linings and other very low-key positions of their clothing.[25][26] It has also taken legal action against high-profile infringements of the brand. In August 2006, a company introducing tuk-tuk vehicles into the south coast town of Brighton, England named one the "Chavrolet" which had it painted in the distinctive Burberry tartan. However, the company soon had to withdraw this vehicle when Burberry threatened proceedings for breach of copyright.[27]

I love that term "Prole Drift"

Cool Re: Chav's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    America's answer to the Chav phenomenon:

HEY!, That's my nephew in that picture....

Blog Entries

I'll take Chavs over those fake tan Jersey kids any day. Plus, we have this guy:

Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Manchester Chavs, also know as "Hoodies" or "Scaliwags", AKA "Football Hooligans". There are a lot of different variations of the garden variety Burberry Chav.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyU2z-FJr8
    Last edited by adonis; 8th April 2009 at 03:04 PM.

Oh My ! Are they serious with this.....? ..I may have to burn the Burberry shirt I own.
    I think that might actually be Goldie Lookin' Chain's car (wiki here)

But just to let you know, Chavs mostly wear Joop! Homme or JPG Le Male (and too much of it) - Burberry fragrances smell too "different".
    The females of the species wear almost exclusively Celebuscents, by such classy acts as Katie Price and Kerry Katona.

The Chav Movement is Spreading!

Last edited by monsieur_sparkle; 13th April 2009 at 10:09 PM.

No. I think they just like having fun with those
    Perfume noob

The sad thing is that Burberry did this to themselves...

I have a Burberry navy blazer purchased almost 15 years ago that's still in outstanding condition, still looks and wears great and is the veteran of 100's of wearings that I always enjoyed.

Now Burberry is made in China and other locations and the fact that it is being knocked off by every low-end counterfeiter on the planet speaks to just rewards.

Call me when you start employing the British mills, cloth-cutters and tailors that made your brand an icon and you can justify the price you charge by the wages you pay and I'll consider giving a flip.

When Burberry makes fake Burberry, why shouldn't everyone else?
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by robpmgc View Post
    Here's a great video of a chav character from the BBC comedy Little Britain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLd3-cfLlvU
    just a deviation. Little Britain is my all-time fave series. collected all 3 seasons along with the xmas specials. since they didnt get authorised to screen locally. not sure if there is a 4th or if they are having one. hope they do

vicky pollard has to be my fave character. oh and along with the Welsh "only gay in the village". Fat fighters' really good too... very talented actors.
    Last edited by MFJ; 10th May 2009 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    I'll take Chavs over those fake tan Jersey kids any day.
    Is that fake tan or black-face-light!? Seriously, the tan plus the combo of spiky hair gives them an eerie resemblance to faded golliwog dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    just a deviation. Little Britain is my all-time fave series. collected all 3 seasons along with the xmas specials. since they didnt get authorised to screen locally. not sure if there is a 4th or if they are having one. hope they do

vicky pollard has to be my fave character. oh and along with the Welsh "only gay in the village". Fat fighters' really good too... very talented actors.
    They had a series called Little Britain USA, where some of the characters returned, and a load of new American ones were created. I didn't think it was particularly good (Daffyd doesn't work without Myfanwy) but it had it's moments. Fat Fighters US was just as good, though!
    You should look up Rock Profiles, made by the same guys years ago, they poked fun at musicians.
    edit: Lots of people speak like Vicky Pollard here in Bristol (my friend Gemma included). She makes a lot of references to place names here, because Matt and David went to Bristol Uni.
    Last edited by Gblue; 10th May 2009 at 06:50 AM.

Love this guy. He's the only gay in the universe, you know.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post

love this guy. He's the only gay in the universe, you know.

lol

Gblue,

Ive yet to see the US version, or Rock Profiles (but it seems now i must), thanks for the reference. It would be be really interesting to actually get to meet Matt and David or ppl with that accent, i find it amusing and very very interesting, it was funny and hard to catch initially but after a few episodes it captivated me more than made me laugh. I once had a footie mate who moved here from Newcastle, and i found his Geordie accent really amusing too
    Last edited by MFJ; 10th May 2009 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    I'll take Chavs over those fake tan Jersey kids any day. Plus, we have this guy:

oh my god, oh my god. oh my god!!!!! )))))))))))))))))))) WHAT is that?!!! I am dying of laughter here!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    oh my god, oh my god. oh my god!!!!! )))))))))))))))))))) WHAT is that?!!! I am dying of laughter here!
    Just Google "Joey Porsche" . Also, check out http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Just Google "Joey Porsche" . Also, check out http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com
    OH MY GOODNESS.

Ahahahahahahah- Holy freaking GOD.

Thanks so much for that- I really needed a good laugh tonight
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Dependent

Chav's would be the singaporean version of "chao ah bengs" - infmously known to spend alot on Japanese car modification esp civics, raving their car engines at parking lots. often spotted in Buberry or RL polo tees, love, going around malls or crowded places in rowdy behavior. at one point often in tight high wasted valentino and versace jeans with flip flop sandals..Love to talk loudly in a chinese dialect called "hokkien". like the idea of "if i find you looking at me, i'll get my gang to beat you up" havent been able to find a good an hilarious pics on them and video link yet, but when i do i will post them up. really quite Hilarious. The female version would be "chao ah lians" who often have the same behaviors, esp vocally. infamously known to carry sonia rykel(spelling) hand bags, high waisted skirts with shirts tucked tight. i guess every culture has their version, would love to hear more from others.
    Last edited by MFJ; 25th August 2009 at 07:54 PM.