Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I actually recognized a perfume

I worked with a guy who wore WAYYYY too much AdG, so it was kinda hard not to know what he was wearing. We're talking 20+ direct sprays, or at least that's what it smelled like.

I successfully identified a co-worker wearing Versace Man Eau Fraiche, two co-workers wearing Armani Code, and another wearing KC Reaction. Basically if they sell it at Macy's, someone in our building is wearing it.

Lian... I wish it had been me.

And no, for what it's worth, I don't pat myself on the back when I recognize AdG on 30% of the guys I walk past on a daily basis...
    Last edited by zr0e; 8th April 2009 at 04:13 AM.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

I could easily tell when a date was wearing Prescriptives. Every woman I pointed it out to was shocked I could tell. Not that difficult - that's a distinct smell.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    It really is pretty fantastic when you recognize a scent on someone (especially when you're right. )
    I agree

I try not to guess when people are wearing cirtusy scents though because some of them smell very similar.

My boss loves D&G Light Blue and she wears it often...The other day she asked me how her new perfume smelt...I thought to myself (new perfume? It smells exactly like Light Blue!) So I asked her if she bought a new bottle of LB and she said no with a disapointed look on her face...She told me it was I Love Love Cheap & Chic by Moschino...I did not want to hurt her feelings by telling her that they both smell exactly the same on her because she thought she bought a "new different scent".

I guess some fragrances are easier to dect when they have a distinctive note or quality to them.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by xXjEnNyXx View Post
    I Love Love Cheap & Chic by Moschino...I did not want to hurt her feelings by telling her that they both smell exactly the same on her because she thought she bought a "new different scent".
    I thought they were both very similar as well, but since we stopped selling I Love Love, not one customer has 'switched' to Light Blue, or Roxy Love, which are both incredibly similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    I thought they were both very similar as well, but since we stopped selling I Love Love, not one customer has 'switched' to Light Blue, or Roxy Love, which are both incredibly similar.

They are very similar and IMO, I think citrusy scents are the hardest to tell apart. I still try to guess the scent...I just guess in my head and then ask what they are wearing that way I know if I was wright or wrong
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

there are three that I always pick up on old spice,english leather and drakkar not that they are bad scents its just that they have been over done thru the years in my opinion

A lady came through my line at the grocery store a few nights ago, and she definitely reeked of Angel. It didn't really work for her (I could smell her body odeur under it!) but I was still proud of noticing.

A lady came into the office this morning and i literally smelled her as soon as she walked in. I knew it was J'Adore, so I asked if ahe was wearing J'Adore and she said yes...It felt good to recognize a perfume I own on someone else.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3