Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I actually recognized a perfume

I worked with a guy who wore WAYYYY too much AdG, so it was kinda hard not to know what he was wearing. We're talking 20+ direct sprays, or at least that's what it smelled like.

I successfully identified a co-worker wearing Versace Man Eau Fraiche, two co-workers wearing Armani Code, and another wearing KC Reaction. Basically if they sell it at Macy's, someone in our building is wearing it.

Lian... I wish it had been me.

And no, for what it's worth, I don't pat myself on the back when I recognize AdG on 30% of the guys I walk past on a daily basis...

I could easily tell when a date was wearing Prescriptives. Every woman I pointed it out to was shocked I could tell. Not that difficult - that's a distinct smell.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    It really is pretty fantastic when you recognize a scent on someone (especially when you're right. )
    I agree

I try not to guess when people are wearing cirtusy scents though because some of them smell very similar.

My boss loves D&G Light Blue and she wears it often...The other day she asked me how her new perfume smelt...I thought to myself (new perfume? It smells exactly like Light Blue!) So I asked her if she bought a new bottle of LB and she said no with a disapointed look on her face...She told me it was I Love Love Cheap & Chic by Moschino...I did not want to hurt her feelings by telling her that they both smell exactly the same on her because she thought she bought a "new different scent".

I guess some fragrances are easier to dect when they have a distinctive note or quality to them.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by xXjEnNyXx View Post
    I Love Love Cheap & Chic by Moschino...I did not want to hurt her feelings by telling her that they both smell exactly the same on her because she thought she bought a "new different scent".
    I thought they were both very similar as well, but since we stopped selling I Love Love, not one customer has 'switched' to Light Blue, or Roxy Love, which are both incredibly similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    I thought they were both very similar as well, but since we stopped selling I Love Love, not one customer has 'switched' to Light Blue, or Roxy Love, which are both incredibly similar.

They are very similar and IMO, I think citrusy scents are the hardest to tell apart. I still try to guess the scent...I just guess in my head and then ask what they are wearing that way I know if I was wright or wrong
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3

there are three that I always pick up on old spice,english leather and drakkar not that they are bad scents its just that they have been over done thru the years in my opinion

A lady came through my line at the grocery store a few nights ago, and she definitely reeked of Angel. It didn't really work for her (I could smell her body odeur under it!) but I was still proud of noticing.

A lady came into the office this morning and i literally smelled her as soon as she walked in. I knew it was J'Adore, so I asked if ahe was wearing J'Adore and she said yes...It felt good to recognize a perfume I own on someone else.
    www.rigosplace.com

...xXjEnNyXx...

====MY ADDICTION====

<3<3 PERFUME<3<3