Code of Conduct

Default New to fragrance, please critique my samples order.

I've selected these based on reviews and descriptions. I have never smelled any of these perfumes. Please feel free to tell me what you would add, skip or would be a better choice. I own three fragrances now, Philosophy Baby Grace, Ralph Lauren Hot and CK Eternity. I wear Baby Grace everyday and never wear Eternity. I am in my 30's.

Miranda EDT
    Ava Luxe Milk EDP
    Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light EDP
    Chanel Coco EDP
    Chanel No. 5 EDT
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
    Guerlain Shalimar EDP
    Guerlain Mitsouko EDP
    Guerlain Jardins de Bagatelle EDT
    Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia EDP
    Balmy Days & Sundays
    Last edited by 2blue3pink; 6th April 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Dependent

Default Re: New to fragrance, please critique my samples order.

You have to try hermes hiris and Ferragmo by Salvatore Ferragamo

Basenotes Institution

If you like Baby Grace- you may surely love Love's True Bluish Light and Milk.
    EL Tuberose Gardenia is beautiful if you like Gardenia. To me Black Orchid is very heavy but it's good sutff.
    I think you have a nice sample list ! Good luck !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Light Blue and Coco Mademoiselle are two of my favorite perfumes to smell on a woman! Good choices!

Hillaire

Nice choices.
    I'd replace jardins de bagatelle with another Guerlain, perhaps something more innovative. Apres l' Ondee, Nahema, L'heure bleue (personally)
    And...if you want the Chanel classics, don't forget the 19 (edp or parfum)

Your sample list looks delightful. Have fun!
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue3pink View Post
    I've selected these based on reviews and descriptions. I have never smelled any of these perfumes. Please feel free to tell me what you would add, skip or would be a better choice. I own three fragrances now, Philosophy Baby Grace, Ralph Lauren Hot and CK Eternity. I wear Baby Grace everyday and never wear Eternity. I am in my 30's.

Miranda EDT
    Ava Luxe Milk EDP
    Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light EDP
    Chanel Coco EDP
    Chanel No. 5 EDT
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
    Guerlain Shalimar EDP
    Guerlain Mitsouko EDP
    Guerlain Jardins de Bagatelle EDT
    Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia EDP
    Balmy Days & Sundays
    If you are ordering Ava Luxe, I'd add OPOPONAX INTENSE -- I personally enjoy it very much, an dI think it would go well with your other choices.

I wear quite a few "women's" frags now, but regardless, my sense at this point is that fragrances have to work within a "rotation." Otherwise, one frag worn after another might make you dislike both! I have a rotation of over 70 frags, and I try not to wear one that is similar to the one I wore last. For example, if there is a strong note (like sandalwood or geranium) and it was a little irritating, then you wear a frag next that has that note in an even stronger form, you might become nauseated by it. Then you won't be able to wear a frag like that for a few weeks. It's happened to me a couple of times. Other questions to consider: is the frag too simple and thus will quickly bore you? Do you have enough variety, or are they all too similar to each other? Are there social concerns or do you only wear what you enjoy, regardless of others? Are you constrained by cost? Are you willing to put the time in to do a lot of sampling?

A girl after my own heart! I LOVE TF black orchid. Ava Luxe is affordable, and others say something like not evolved or serious enough-some claim girly. I've only tried a few, but I completely disagree. You must try Vamp if you get the chance. There is nothing childish about that one. Midnight Violet is considered her best work by many. Get a sample first if you don't care for a hint of smoke in your fragrances. The rest of your list is faultless. You can't go wrong with Guerlain or Chanel. Happy scent hunting! I'm still at that myself, good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~Pulsing veins of green rushing nutrients through unfurling leaflets , dirty-faced little blooms poking their sleepy heads up through cold March dirt...the promising scent of unfallen rain hanging heavy in the dark cloud-ladden air...Oh the beauty of Spring here in the country!

Thank you for all the guidance. I will look into the other fragrances suggested.