Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle. Opinions?

I received my Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle in yesterday's mail.

This stuff is far more potent and animalic than the original Musk Ghazelle. For the first few hours, I thought I was cleaning horse stalls. I am trying it again today using only a dot from the tip of the applicator. Still powerful, but much better! 6ml will last me a lifetime.

What do you guys think?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle. Opinions?

Got mine yesterday too and I think it's the most animalic thing I have ever tried.
    I love the pure ouds and even the most feral ones will eventually transition into something plesant eventually but this musk keeps on going and going. Animalic all the way through. I have other musks
    but they are not like this, They have their, (minimal) animal in the basenotes.

I never got the chance to sample the original so I can't compare.
    I need to try this one again today but I am fearful of wearing it in public and I am usually pretty bold!

Edit to add; my daughter says it smells like and old lady. ??? I've never met an old lady that smells like this.
    Last edited by evogel; 7th April 2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: add text

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I received my Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle in yesterday's mail.

This stuff is far more potent and animalic than the original Musk Ghazelle. For the first few hours, I thought I was cleaning horse stalls. I am trying it again today using only a dot from the tip of the applicator. Still powerful, but much better! 6ml will last me a lifetime.

What do you guys think?
    So it smells very similar to the original Musk Ghazelle, just stronger?? Do you like it at least??? I don't know if I want to smell like a "horse stall", but we shall see....

How can i order this?

I got mine yesterday too. This is definitely the most animalic fragrance I own. I'll probably layer it with something if I wear it in public.

Haa haaa this is so funny to read! Yes the Musk is very Animalic, I would say more then anything I have ever smelled as well. One thing to please keep in mind is that is it said to be the real thing. So think of it as an ingrediant rather then a perfume. Some people like it straight but others may find it better to use for layering.

Quote Originally Posted by abubakr_al-misky View Post
    Haa haaa this is so funny to read! Yes the Musk is very Animalic, I would say more then anything I have ever smelled as well. One thing to please keep in mind is that is it said to be the real thing. So think of it as an ingrediant rather then a perfume. Some people like it straight but others may find it better to use for layering.
    any suggestions on what to layer it with?

I received a sample vial of this with another order. I haven't opened it up but just the closed vial was amazingly strong, very raw and animalic. I'm almost a little afraid to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by fperdices View Post
    any suggestions on what to layer it with?
    Thats a hard one since I dont use it to layer, just my preference. I would think it would make a musky perfume more animalic and musky. Someone told me they mixed it with an Oud based Mukhallat and they loved it. I think it just depends on the personal preference. The thing to keep in mind is it is Animalic and spicey/musky some say smokey/leathery.
    Last edited by abubakr_al-misky; 7th April 2009 at 08:29 PM.

Interesting. I have a small decant with some animalic oudh that's thicker than honey and stays on your skin forever. I wonder of this smells like the one I have or something

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    How can i order this?

From our own abubakr_al-misky, just PM him.

Sounds VERY interesting, is it leathery?

Sadly, I never got the chance to wear the old Musk Ghazelle. But the new musk ghazelle should be layered. Its extremely potent, powerful, masculine, and animalic; not something to wear by itself everywhere you go. By itself, i think would be great to wear for outdoor excursions. But for bars, restaurants, clubs, house parties, etc, it NEEDS to be layered, or you will be getting Anchorman Sex Panther reactions. (youtube it if you haven't seen it). Its not a generally familiar smell in your typical American society. Trust me, you WILL be turning heads. Be careful.

On a mental level, I feel relaxed, aware, and focused. Also extremely sexual. i had sex minutes after applying this when the woman I was with said that she was turned on. She also said it made her feel submissive to be around me.

The smell: Its the most animalic musk I've ever tried. For a minute I thought I was at a petting zoo. When it opens up, it becomes smokey, leathery, a bit like freshly lit pipe tobacco, licorice, and overall very primal. A couple of my friends (female) described it as "dirty animal sex." Which makes me want to try Serge Lutens' Muscs Koublai Khan.

Well, out of curiosity I tried some on today... whew! This stuff IS very strong. The smell isn't particularly unpleasant to me, though it isn't what I know as musk.

If I had to describe it, it's rather like dark, heavy castoreum with a big methyl salicylate ( wintergreen ) note. Think Beaver Criminelle. It's both oddly "fresh" as well as deeply animalic and skanky. Much stronger and more raw than any animalic perfume, and in fact more animal than even the castoreum and civet tinctures I've tried.

I'd definitely wear this - in small amounts. Unfortunately if my mother's reaction is to go by, I won't order this. The smell was literally unbearable to her, and I used a minute amount. She couldn't stand even being in the same room with me!

Yes it is my wifes exact reaction. Ahhh but who cares She better watch out before I pounce and eat her up like a Ghazelle!

Quote Originally Posted by latin_dude View Post
    So it smells very similar to the original Musk Ghazelle, just stronger?? Do you like it at least??? I don't know if I want to smell like a "horse stall", but we shall see....
    No, AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle does not smell similar to the original Musk Ghazelle. I never thought of Musk Ghazelle as refined but it is a domesticated animal compared to this beast.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I received mine and tried a dot of it on the wrist and had to wash it off. It is just too raw for me. It doesn't smell much like other Musk Gazelle oils that I've tried before. They other musk gazelles that I've tried were always more floral and wood scented blended into a thick oil. This is all animal musk.

The watery nature of this juice, along with the strength and animalism leads me to believe that this bottle of musk gazelle is actually a musk tincture that has yet to be processed into a fragrance oil. Could it be a raw intermediate process, possibly underprocessed ingredient that really needs some work to complete the process?

I am not sure what to think about it. It is not like any oud oil or any Ajmal oil I have ever tried. The scent does have an attractive quality, but it is very strong and not very refined, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 8th April 2009 at 01:21 AM.

Buzzlepuff, tincturing is a fine method for processing, actually. Quite a few raw materials in solid form can be tinctured in alcohol to dissolve the essential oils and other soluble ingredients into solution. I suspect you may enjoy it more if it is in a blend, and it sounds like that is what most of the others think too!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Well, out of curiosity I tried some on today... whew! This stuff IS very strong. The smell isn't particularly unpleasant to me, though it isn't what I know as musk.

If I had to describe it, it's rather like dark, heavy castoreum with a big methyl salicylate ( wintergreen ) note. Think Beaver Criminelle. It's both oddly "fresh" as well as deeply animalic and skanky. Much stronger and more raw than any animalic perfume, and in fact more animal than even the castoreum and civet tinctures I've tried.

I'd definitely wear this - in small amounts. Unfortunately if my mother's reaction is to go by, I won't order this. The smell was literally unbearable to her, and I used a minute amount. She couldn't stand even being in the same room with me!
    I was interested to read if you'd tried this Galamb - since on that other thread you and I discussed your amateur forays into the world of aoud and I can relate to the initial shock you describe.

This is not the kind of fragrance one can get hung up on other peoples reactions to them - it has to be enjoyed for personal pleasure. Having one or two scents like this, IMO, rounds out a colognoisseur's wardrobe.

Reading everyone's comments, it sounds great!

I received mine yesterday and merely opened the bottle. The wife and the little one were describing it as faeces and asking me to close it. I ahve quite a collection of oudhs and they both love it. this one is strong anyhow. The challenge will be to layer it with another scent. We can all put up suggestions as we try various ones. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Buzzlepuff, tincturing is a fine method for processing, actually. Quite a few raw materials in solid form can be tinctured in alcohol to dissolve the essential oils and other soluble ingredients into solution. I suspect you may enjoy it more if it is in a blend, and it sounds like that is what most of the others think too!
    Asha, thanks for the clarification of tincture process. I don't really know if this is a tincture or not. It definitely has an oil base, but it is thin oil compared to the other attars and oud oils I've tried. I've also tried some other versions of musk gazelle and this is nothing like those.

I am content to give it another chance. It might strike me as better tommorrow. I might also try blending it with some other things, but carefully. This AA Indian Musk Ghazelle is very potent and very much barnyard animal.

B, I should add--it is possible to do a sort of "oil tincture" too, only that method is called "infusion" if I am not mistaken. I have done this myself putting the solid ingredients into carrier oil and letting the soluble compounds slowly dissolve into the base oil. I did it with fresh nutmeg, and it was quite nice, actually.

Another thing to consider, some concentrated liquid ingredients are more viscous than others, so that could affect how runny the product is. Labdanum is one that is quite thick when at room temperature. A diluted essence that is naturally thick in undiluted form may still have a good deal of viscosity. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Asha; 8th April 2009 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I was interested to read if you'd tried this Galamb - since on that other thread you and I discussed your amateur forays into the world of aoud and I can relate to the initial shock you describe.

This is not the kind of fragrance one can get hung up on other peoples reactions to them - it has to be enjoyed for personal pleasure. Having one or two scents like this, IMO, rounds out a colognoisseur's wardrobe.

This one is definitely worth trying! It's of those things that's more of an experience than a fragrance. There's just nothing else this animal out there. There should be a "I wore Musk Gazelle - and lived" t-shirt.

I can't say it's like oud, though it's very non-western in its conception - I cannot imagine this appealing to anyone but the hardcore animalic-loving perfumistas here in the West. I like it in small amounts, but then I like freakish fragrances.

I'm giving it another try this evening and the musk is much more apparent after it cools down, though this fragrance never mellows. The wintergreenish top note morphed into a high decibel musk, and the castoreum feeling never left. I didn't think so at first, but perhaps there's some civet in this, too? Civet usually smells warmer, but the strong fecal note here isn't something I've experienced in castoreum or dirty musks. It really hyper animalic. For those who found MKK powdery and sweet, try this - it will knock your socks off. Castoreum, musk, civet, feces, wet-dog, sweat... perhaps Musk Gazelle is real-life Sex Panther.

... but the strong fecal note here isn't something I've experienced
    Darnit, so are you telling me that I just bought a musk that has "strong FECAL notes"???? Why would I want to smell like animal crap in front of all the ladies??? I don't get it!?!?!?!?

Darnit, so are you telling me that I just bought a musk that has "strong FECAL notes"???? Why would I want to smell like animal crap in front of all the ladies??? I don't get it!?!?!?!?
    Try it and see for yourself. Maybe it won't smell like that to you! I would not try to impress ladies or anyone else with this though, you never know how someone will take it ( my mother described it as "where cheese goes to die" ). However, layered with something else it might be okay for public wearing. Straight up? I wouldn't recommend it...

Civet is usually quite fecal but it can actually be quite nice blended with other things, and is an ingredient of many very classic fragrances. Civet raw smells hot, musky and fecal... in dilution just pleasantly warm.

I think there was sufficient warning in this thread here, that you ought to be sure you knew what you were buying.
    Can't say you weren't warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I received mine and tried a dot of it on the wrist and had to wash it off. It is just too raw for me. It doesn't smell much like other Musk Gazelle oils that I've tried before. They other musk gazelles that I've tried were always more floral and wood scented blended into a thick oil. This is all animal musk.

The watery nature of this juice, along with the strength and animalism leads me to believe that this bottle of musk gazelle is actually a musk tincture that has yet to be processed into a fragrance oil. Could it be a raw intermediate process, possibly underprocessed ingredient that really needs some work to complete the process?

I am not sure what to think about it. It is not like any oud oil or any Ajmal oil I have ever tried. The scent does have an attractive quality, but it is very strong and not very refined, in my opinion.

I personally dont think this came from a tincture only because i have a tincture oil blend and the alcohol scent is still very strong. In this new MG I do not detect any alcohol note.

Ajmal is a very longtime established company and amongst the highest in quality in the middle east. They have also been pioneers in the Oud industry. In the 70's they purchased 168,000 acres in India to cultivate Agarwood and have been doing so since. I am saying this only to establish that what ever they put out on the market will be the finest of quality. They have cheaper oils and perfumes but their prices always reflect it. I encourage any one to please check out their website to see what they have to offer here: http://www.ajmalperfume.com/

I will be importing some of their more higher quality oils to share with anyone who are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

I totally agree with this statement. Thanks for the ecouragement.
    Last edited by abubakr_al-misky; 8th April 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Sounds like the first thing i'm afraid to wear in public.

Kouros "Testosterone" formula: 2 drops of Musk Ghazelle + 2 sprays of Kouros + 30mcg Androstenone spray + 100mcg androsterone spray

Will test this very soon to the office....

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    Sounds like the first thing i'm afraid to wear in public.

Kouros "Testosterone" formula: 2 drops of Musk Ghazelle + 2 sprays of Kouros + 30mcg Androstenone spray + 100mcg androsterone spray

Will test this very soon to the office....
    holy smokes. 2 drops! thats a mix to wear to a fist fight.

I am now beginning to appreciate having this AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle in my collection. I want to also thank Simon (abubakr_al-misky) for all of his hard work and coordination and risk taking to obtain this incredible product for us to be able to sample it. I will definitely participate in the other venture into Ajmal juices he has planned.

I can begin to see that as this musk gazelle matures and ages it will definitely let the sweetness bloom a bit and tame the musk in a fantastic way. But, for now it is sort of a curiosity because you can't really wear it by itself much.

How much to use? A single dot the size of a matchead somewhere on your skin will add a big animalic musk basenote to anything layered over the top of this. This amount by itself is quite strong and maybe too foul smelling for the public. I look foreward to testing a variety of things over the top of this. though. I have already found that strong florals are not the best to layer because it makes it to Yin. The only thing worse than a decaying animalic scent is one that is sweet and indolic too. It is tricky to balance this one. Maybe some colder, dry woods and aromatics such as patchouli, cedar, saffron or damp vetiver fragrances would balance the warmth of this musk.

Actually, the new Le Labo Oud 27 (thanks Josh!) has this same animalic oud note in the mix but to duplicate the Le Labo Oud musk you could not use more than a micro dot of this Amjal AA Indian Oud.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 8th April 2009 at 06:48 PM.

The more posts I read on this thread, the more anxious I get for my bottle to arrive in the mail!!!

I am now beginning to appreciate having this AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle in my collection. I want to also thank Simon (abubakr_al-misky) for all of his hard work and coordination and risk taking to obtain this incredible product for us to be able to sample it. I will definitely participate in the other venture into Ajmal juices he has planned.

I can begin to see that as this musk gazelle matures and ages it will definitely let the sweetness bloom a bit and tame the musk in a fantastic way. But, for now it is sort of a curiosity because you can't really wear it by itself much.

How much to use? A single dot the size of a matchead somewhere on your skin will add a big animalic musk basenote to anything layered over the top of this. This amount by itself is quite strong and maybe too foul smelling for the public. I look foreward to testing a variety of things over the top of this. though. I have already found that strong florals are not the best to layer because it makes it to Yin. The only thing worse than a decaying animalic scent is one that is sweet and indolic too. It is tricky to balance this one. Maybe some colder, dry woods and aromatics such as patchouli, cedar, saffron or damp vetiver fragrances would balance the warmth of this musk.

Actually, the new Le Labo Oud 27 (thanks Josh!) has this same animalic oud note in the mix but to duplicate the Le Labo Oud musk you could not use more than a micro dot of this Amjal AA Indian Oud.
    Thnx for providing us with this excellent insight on how to approach Musk G.

I have noticed in other attars that a musk and rose mixture has bruaght out something like a soapy note. That is useing synthetic musk though. In some other attars that I have that use real and high amounts of musk also have the Indian or Cambodian Ouds, both which poses a barnyard note to them. The Oud tends to relax the sharp spicey/smokey note in the musk and confuse the barnyard note with its own thus makeing it much easier to the senses.

Basenotes Institution

This one is definitely worth trying! It's of those things that's more of an experience than a fragrance. There's just nothing else this animal out there. There should be a "I wore Musk Gazelle - and lived" t-shirt.
    LOL - sounds like it's definitely got your attention. And that's saying a lot Galamb, since I know you (and I for that matter) have very edgy tastes. Enjoy!

I remember Ruggles saying he smelled real civet at the Le Labo store in NY and it smelled like stinky white cheese, just like you described it.

I totally agree with this statement. Thanks for the ecouragement.
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 8th April 2009 at 09:51 PM.

When i get some extra money i hope to get some of this if he has any left.

Inspired by this thread i dabbed a little of the following (from a very small sample) on the back of my wrist.
    http://www.agarscentsbazaar.com/serv...dia-oil/Detail
    I went over to my father's and the the first thing he said was "Ugh. What is that? It smells like dirty twat!!" I just played stupid.

I happen to like it (the red musk that is). I also love clean female parts too.
    Last edited by ajmc; 9th April 2009 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    When i get some extra money i hope to get some of this if he has any left.

Inspired by this thread i dabbed a little of the following (from a very small sample) on the back of my wrist.
    http://www.agarscentsbazaar.com/serv...dia-oil/Detail
    I went over to father's and the the first thing he said was "Ugh. What is that? It smells like dirty twat!!" I just played stupid.

I happen to like it (the red musk that is). I also love clean female parts too.
    The Ajmal Musk Ghazelle has all of the same components as Agarscents Red Musk. The only difference is that Agarscents is sharper and Ajmals is more Animalic. The scent itself is the same just in a different variation of the notes.

The Ajmal Musk Ghazelle has all of the same components as Agarscents Red Musk. The only difference is that Agarscents is sharper and Ajmals is more Animalic. The scent itself is the same just in a different variation of the notes.
    Thanks for the info.

In the near future i will probably be looking to buy a 3ml bottle if its still available.

I received my Musk Ghazelle today. Thanks for the smooth and prompt delivery! It is not the musk ghazelle that I remember, the original I had was much more floral and sweet!! This is pure raw sex!! There is a definite similarity in tone though. The original was dressed up to the nines to go out but had a hard on. This one is just pure hard on!! No clothes, nothing!Sorry for being so crude but these are the initial impressions i have. It certainly amps up any sexual feelings that you have. It is certainly the strongest odour i have ever smelt. Fantastic. By the way could you tell what the small bottle of oil is. I presume it is some type of oudh. Thanks again for this opportunity,you have been a pleasure to deal with,and I am more than bowled over with what I recieved. Thanks again

In reply to Buzzlepuff's message this goes brilliantly with Yatagan. I'm getting ready here to go out tonight,sized up my scent shelf,remembered her message about florals and settled on Yatagan. A match made in heaven! Try it out lads, the seventies are back!

Bitter-orange, what a great description.

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    Bitter-orange, what a great description.
    Cheers Debora!
    First time posting an opinion here. That stuff is incredibly strong. Went to a bar with a girlfriend last night, there was a crowd of us from work, and, I'm not sure if I was actively looking for any mood change if you know what I mean, but the guys in the group got a little edgy,the girls more chatty! I'm not sure if this is a projection on my part but I felt maybe a little more confident. You know how these work things are, you are all supposed to be relaxing ,but the office politics are still there and you have got to be extra careful!!!! Anyway, I had a ball and would definitely recommend the musk. I was asked what I was wearing on three different occasions! That never ever happens! And only by the women. I thought I had over-applied it at one stage and canvassed opinion discretely via my girl friend ,but I was told that I smelled great. In Ireland it is still considered a little odd to be into scent especially for a bloke! I have over 30 bottles of various scents,old and new and I am rarely asked for or commented on. Yatagan got good publicity yesterday evening, while the Ajmal remained my secret!. I am going to try it with my Cuiron next. I''l post thoughts here again.

Bye for now

Aha! It sounds like another Ajmal to add to my collection.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter-orange View Post
    In reply to Buzzlepuff's message this goes brilliantly with Yatagan. I'm getting ready here to go out tonight,sized up my scent shelf,remembered her message about florals and settled on Yatagan. A match made in heaven! Try it out lads, the seventies are back!
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I no longer have Yatagan. But, I am digging out some of my drier leathers and incense fragrances to try with it. CdG Avignon is not bad over AA Indian Musk Ghazelle. Yes, I like this combination but it totally changes the Avignon to a dry frankincense woody version of the Musk Ghazelle. The musk seems to dominate most things put with it. I am definitely warming up to the idea of wearing and enjoying this oil. I wish it came with an instruction booklet on "how to use Musk Ghazelle".

I think Kouros would match up well with Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle.

I will try it tomorrow, it will be my SotD.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I no longer have Yatagan. But, I am digging out some of my drier leathers and incense fragrances to try with it. CdG Avignon is not bad over AA Indian Musk Ghazelle. Yes, I like this combination but it totally changes the Avignon to a dry frankincense woody version of the Musk Ghazelle. The musk seems to dominate most things put with it. I am definitely warming up to the idea of wearing and enjoying this oil. I wish it came with an instruction booklet on "how to use Musk Ghazelle".

What about Amouage Jubilation would that go well? I have not received my Musk yet but just thinking what I can layer with it as ideas

WHOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Now THIS has a proper set hangin' off it! I'm TOTALLY gonna rock this!
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

I think Kouros would match up well with Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle.

I will try it tomorrow, it will be my SotD.
    This turned out to be a great choice.

This morning, I put one dot of Musk Ghazelle and two spritzes of Kouros on my chest. It is more than twelve hours later and I am still enjoying whiffs of both fragrances. We'll see but I think Musk Ghazelle will eventually outlast Kouros.

out of curiosity anyone tried Parfum d'Habit? layer it over?

sounds like that might be a good mix? what do you think?
    Last edited by denec; 14th April 2009 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    out of curiosity anyone tried Parfum d'Habit? layer it over?

sounds like that might be a good mix? what do you think?
    Sounds good to me. I'll try it later this week.

How/where do you you buy it?
    I tried the Ajmal website but couldn't come up with it.
    Can anyone help with this question??

Quote Originally Posted by jdemetre View Post
    How/where do you you buy it?
    I tried the Ajmal website but couldn't come up with it.
    Can anyone help with this question??
    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    From our own abubakr_al-misky, just PM him.
    abubakr_al-misky has a sales thread for this in the Marketplace.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 14th April 2009 at 02:21 PM.

This turned out to be a great choice.

This morning, I put one dot of Musk Ghazelle and two spritzes of Kouros on my chest. It is more than twelve hours later and I am still enjoying whiffs of both fragrances. We'll see but I think Musk Ghazelle will eventually outlast Kouros.
    I think you are right...

30 hours and a shower later, and I still smell it.

I think I will be applying it with a pin from now on.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

hi All, yes the MGAA by Ajmal does have faecal undertones to it, infact my kids remarked "mum why are you buying this it smells like camels @@>" it is very animalic, Im going to try and layer it with something, it's just too powerful and intense to worn alone.Will let you know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    I think you are right...

30 hours and a shower later, and I still smell it.

I think I will be applying it with a pin from now on.
    So it's not just me then!
    Stepping into a hot shower, you can smell it in the steam, and even after a shower like you said.

By the way, akhi Abu Bakr, what do you recommend layering this with?

Mine is on it's way, so to speak, but from what I read I think it may work very well with Kenzo Jungle (men). Anyone tried this combination?
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

I just got my vial. Smells kinda like a cross between a petting zoo and an Indian grocery store. Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by tahasyed View Post
    So it's not just me then!
    Stepping into a hot shower, you can smell it in the steam, and even after a shower like you said.

By the way, akhi Abu Bakr, what do you recommend layering this with?

Tahasyed, I am not to much into layering but I would try it with a non animalic Oud or even small amounts in rose. Or try it with an animalic oud like Cambodian or Indian and it may play well and subtle the animal notes and confuse the two into something easier to adjust to.

Based on all the comments here, I'm sorely tempted to smear this stuff all over my body and head out somewhere towards a crowded place.

Guys, let's prove to ourselves that we've got balls...

I also finally received a sample of this today.

Its a whole different beast to the original (and best, IMO ) Ajmal Musk Ghazelle. Its very enjoyable though.
    I definitely get the raw meat vibe here - very bloody... like copper, but to me, instead of it smelling like, um, poo... it is more like EXTREMELY over-ripe fruits... masses and masses of them, fermenting in the sun. It is a wildly sweet scent in that regard. Bittersweet in fact.

I wonder what this might smell like, diluted down with some indolic florals(?)