Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Based on all the comments here, I'm sorely tempted to smear this stuff all over my body and head out somewhere towards a crowded place.

Guys, let's prove to ourselves that we've got balls...

Now thats my kinda guy!

... even if they ARE the balls of a deer.

Does anyone want to off-load their sample or bottle to me?
    Last edited by nsamadi; 19th April 2009 at 04:51 PM.

I have just spent the last couple of days using the A.A.Musk Ghazelle under a healthy smear of Mysore Sandalwood oil. Fantastic combination, it takes a full three hours to peak,sweet creamy and very dirty underneath. It radiates extremely well. The green herbal note, artemisia to my nose, dies quite quickly, especially with the overlay of sandal the creamy sandal takes over and runs and runs and runs. This musk is the best scent I have had the pleasure to own in years. The musk is incredibly powerful,clean and sweaty at the same time. Raunchy! This is a scent that triggers the amygdala in a very powerful way. I haven't had as much fun with a scent in a long time. I guess I am undergoing a Damascene coversion to Arabian perfumery. I had a bottle of Musk Ghazelle years ago, given to me by a friend who had been working in Qatar. It was a lot more floral and sweeter. I loved that perfume and was a little at a loss when I finished it. I came across the same name casually surfing here in Basenotes took a chance that it would be the same or a similar scent and thanks to Abubakr-Al Misky was able to get my hands on a bottle. When it arrived however the initial thought I had was, 'this is a different beast altogether'. It wasn't what I remembered, much more powerful. It has a subtle effect on the thinking process. I know this is completely subjective but decisions appear easier to make with an increase in overall confidence and less fear of risk! Addictive stuff! I feel very privileged to have come across this perfume, and look forward to delving further into the world of attars, musks and oud.

Wow thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! I do agree with your thoughts. One thing I cant say enough about is that the Musk Ghazele should not be looked at as a perfume rather it should be looked at as an Essential Oil. The difference being that many times Essential oils when worn have a different effect on the psyche then a perfume and are actually used for that purpose. When wearing Oud, Sandalwood, Jasmine and so on people seem to have some type of spiritual experience or such. IMO the MG can be worn for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    ... even if they ARE the balls of a deer.
    As I understand these so called "musk pellets", they are (fortunately) NOT the kind of balls you seem to be referring to, Dimitri. (Unless I misread you) Apparently they are pellets that the male musk deer produces and drops onto the forest floor to mark its territory. Read more about it here:

http://www.profumo.it/cashmir/englis...rt_moschus.htm

I received some Ajmal AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle a few days ago. I approached my first wearing today with the utmost of caution (home alone on a day off). So I used a small jewelers screwdriver to transfer the tiniest micro-drop to my wrist. To my nose, I find the musk to be of the type one will notice in the opening of MKK - only much less close-to-the-skin. I was in an unmistakable cloud of musk sillage. I was enjoying it thoroughly, though, ...until I had to go out for my visit to the gym. I wasn't ready to "turn heads" today. I'm very excited about it though - as well as exploring more the world of eastern fragrances.

Edit: Ooops! Obviously I misread things there. Duh!
    Last edited by Delmar; 24th April 2009 at 07:52 PM.

No, I understand this Delmar, I was just making a comment in jest, in response to Trebor's previous comment.

I recieved mine today and i gotta agree with everyone, this is the most animalic thing I've ever smelt, was cautious about wearing it but then i thought mightaswell. I put it on by itself and went uni, i could hear people whisper as I walked past them I've got it layered with some shamama now, smells alot less in your face.

Ive always been a fan of Aoud and oils (being Middle eastern) and it gave way to my love of fragrances
    I stopped chasing oils since most of the ones I have access to are chap 5$ bottles

I need to try the good stuff!!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I received my oil today. I thought it was actually really tamed. Not as rauchy as I was expecting. It mostly smells of dry hay and musk. My brother comment about how the churches in Europe he visited smelt like it. After putting some on my wrist and walking about, he commented again and how it smelt like poo.

I don't think it smells bad, but I understand how others might think I didn't take a shower for a week, so I don't think I'll wear this in public.

Does anyone know of any other really good scents by Ajmal?

Ajmals Amber Amiri is very good im planning on buying it on my next visit, I have the pure amber but the Amiri has something more interesting and special in it which i find appealing

AromiErotici

I have sampled what I believe is the previous version of this. It is very dark and oily.

I just went to find it and applied a dab and.......yep......I still like it !!! A little feral and maybe a hint of barnyard mixed with sweet musk. I think it's actually very good.

The Ajmal being discussed sounds pretty ferocious.

Guys, just a word of advice on the application of such perfumes/essential oils/etc. After application, wait a few hours, then smell it. Approx 5 hours should do the trick. Also keep in mind that Western/French perfumes are totally different from that of Arabian/Eastern perfumes. Western/French perfumes are usually made from approx 5%-30% of essential oils/concentrated matter/etc while Arabian/Eastern perfumes are usually the 100% essential oil itself/extract/etc. That is one of the reasons why you require very little to be scented for quite some time and also perhaps because your noses and perception of smell are accostomed to different types of fragrances. As such, it will require quite some time of getting used to. It may even allure you after a few months May I suggest an excellent choice to layer it with, try it with Amouge Gold or perhaps even with Agarscent's Black Musk Kasthuri which is the more sweeter/spicy/licoricey type of musk . Hope that helps

i just layered the original musk ghazelle with nasomatto duro....and it smells pretty Fn awesome.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

I've 'threatened' to wear this when I next see my girlfriend. I wonder how she'll react to it on my skin? Even if she's disgusted by it, it'll be a very interesting experiment...

This totally smell like a zoo to me U know, when u go next to an elephant cage. :- /

Not to say it is bad, actually quite interesting. Let's see how it goes after a few hours . I can see that this is a layering material.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    i just layered the original musk ghazelle with nasomatto duro....and it smells pretty Fn awesome.
    Duro & Original Musk Ghazelle are two most potent frags that I've ever tested/owned.
    Combining them is bound to give birth to monster. Will try this deadly combo in the winter months.

I'm just curious what would happen if someone dosed themselves with half a bottle of this and then stepped onto a crowded elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by searching for oud View Post
    I'm just curious what would happen if someone dosed themselves with half a bottle of this and then stepped onto a crowded elevator.
    Have you ever seen the movie "The China Syndrome"?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Gah! I couldn't get my self to like this trash. Worst blind buy, it literally scared me enough to lose interest in anything with names similar like this. I purchased the one that was for sale for $60 something? I forgot what size it was, but yeah I only used like two or three VERY tiny drops. If anyone wants to buy it let me know, it literally smells like circus poop in a bottle.

Now the original one Misk Ghazelle smells nice! Like roses, not like caca.

The Zahra's website lists (in addition to the Grade AA) a "Grade C" Musk Gazelle for a much lower price, around $25 per tola. Do folks on this list think this may be the original, less scary Musk/Misk Gazelle?

Quote Originally Posted by uxf View Post
    The Zahra's website lists (in addition to the Grade AA) a "Grade C" Musk Gazelle for a much lower price, around $25 per tola. Do folks on this list think this may be the original, less scary Musk/Misk Gazelle?
    Unlikely, as the original Misk/Musk Ghazelle was retailing for around $99 per tola.

Well, if it's 'Grade C' it'll be an inferior version (hence the price difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Unlikely, as the original Misk/Musk Ghazelle was retailing for around $99 per tola.
    Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I checked again and actually Zahra's lists Grade AA at $69/tola and Grade C at $16.67/tola so it sounds like the original was even higher graded. All these confusingly similar names and grades will be really difficult to track down the original.

http://www.arabianbazaar.com/product...duct_info.html

I found this site selling "Black Musk Perfume Oil also known as Misk Ghazelle by Ajmal." $90/tola. Do you all think this is the dearly departed original Ajmal musk/misk gazelle?

I found this site selling "Black Musk Perfume Oil also known as Misk Ghazelle by Ajmal." $90/tola. Do you all think this is the dearly departed original Ajmal musk/misk gazelle?
    Yes, this is indeed the original.
    It is where I purchased my 1 tola bottle, along with fellow Basenoter Merlino.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Yes, this is indeed the original.
    It is where I purchased my 1 tola bottle, along with fellow Basenoter Merlino.
    Thanks guys! I've been looking for the original for some time and thought it'd be next to impossible.

That is exactly what I was thinking,
    My first post here btw.
    Hi everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by mikotorocks714 View Post
    Gah! I couldn't get my self to like this trash. Worst blind buy, it literally scared me enough to lose interest in anything with names similar like this. I purchased the one that was for sale for $60 something? I forgot what size it was, but yeah I only used like two or three VERY tiny drops. If anyone wants to buy it let me know, it literally smells like circus poop in a bottle.

Now the original one Misk Ghazelle smells nice! Like roses, not like caca.
    thanks for the laugh, it just depends on your taste though.

No sane human wud wear this outside. I guess im insane lol
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

So Ajmal's Musk Ghazelle is aka Black Musk? That's a relief, because when I checked out their store the SA told me they didn't have anything called Musk Ghazelle.

I tried the Black Musk, but (unfortunately) it didn't translate to "barnyard" to my nose. I thought it smelled like tar and licorice over musk. But I did end up buying the inferior grade. Not bad stuff.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Well, I ended up buying a tola of Black Musk but sold it off within days. I was very disappointed with it - floral, fruity and rather tame. As Mr. Bon Vivant mentioned, there was some liquorice but hardly any barnyard.

As for AA Indian Pure Musk Ghazelle, I wore it in public a couple of weekends ago... on the underground... The a middle-aged guy, sitting next to me, kept on fidgeting and and giving me weird stares. However, after he got off, three sexy blondes sat near me and they didn't appear to be that disgusted with the smell. Actually, I think they were more 'intrigued' by it...

As if things were not confusing enough, there is now an Ajmal Musk Gazelle AAA. ("The extra A is for extra ..."? - I dare not finish the thought.) See here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160740478846...ht_1635wt_1159

Note the otherworldly price. Note that it's for 3 ml, i.e., a quarter-tola.

As if things were not confusing enough, there is now an Ajmal Musk Gazelle AAA. ("The extra A is for extra ..."? - I dare not finish the thought.) See here:

Looks like it could be the original Ajmal Musk Gazelle, if it's genuine (see posts 85-87 and my previous post).

The original was said to have been around $90/tola. This AAA would be about $640/tola!

The original was said to have been around $90/tola. This AAA would be about $640/tola!
    Quite possibly but the original is now extremely difficult to find and there is still plenty of demand for it. Who knows?

Go on, be a sport!

Why would I wear something that takes ME weeks or months to get used to, while those around me have to tolerate it without this deep "understanding" of my stinkiness.

I wore some of mine yesterday, but just a drop. I love it, but it won't replace MKK in my collection. I actually thought AA Musk Ghazelle would be even more animallic than I expected. It's wearable if you go lightly with it.

Bought the stuff as advertised on ebay by paradiseperfumesandgem, i really like it but am confused as to whether its the same one being discussed last couple of years.
    There is defininite lack of the overwhelming barnyard albiet very strong silage and longetivity. Starts of with a sweetish medicinal note almost liquorish. Smells like a very well refined black musk but different. The only barnyard tone i felt is that of slight stale urine undertone in the begining that lasts for an hour or two.....nose has gone numb...need coffee beans! Looks very dark reddish brown liquid with moderate viscousity.
    Am so bloody confused and am not sure if this is the one everyone has been raving on about the last couple of years..... I know curiosity killed the cat but in my case my wallet!....... I so want to try the now legendary stinky 'Ajmal musk gazelle grade AA' and experience it for myself.