Code of Conduct

Default Comptoir Sud Pacifique Releases Collection of Four Oud Scents

Looks like it's now CSP's turn to jump on the oudh bandwagon! Looks like aoud and gaiac are here to replace cedar and sandalwood for 2008/2009. What do you guys (and gals) think? Personally, I'm quite curious about Aoud de Nuit, supposedly a "gourmand oud." Since it's CSP, I have a feeling they are going to be tooth-achingly sweet. (with mundane quality of materials)

Anyway, I'm in an oud-mood, so keep 'em coming!

The Scoop:

The new, unexpected oud-quatuor Aoud de Nuit, Aouda, Nomaoud and Oud Intense inaugurates a collection entitled Voyages to the Orient, which incidentally works in the direction of maintaining the personality of oud as an Orientalist note.

Aoud de Nuit

"A sensual and captivating nectar revealing the magic of the East thanks to an armful of precious woods and vibrating spices wrapped up with musk and vanilla, sustained by a pinch of warm caramel."...

Top note : Bergamot, Blackcurrent.
    Heart note : Blackrose, Iris, Vanilla, Cardamom, Saffran, Cedarwood.
    Base note : Caramel, Patchouly, Sandalwood, Oud, Tonka beans, Musk, animalic accord.

Aouda

"The traditionally woody aspects of Oud has been reinforced by adding natural Patchouli and Moroccan cedar wood oil. To this base, we have incorporated a floral top note highlighted by Rose and Egyptian Geranium oil. The heart of Aouda has been exalted with such sensual ingredients as Tolu Balsarome, Amyrs, Myrrhe and Copahu."

Top note : Rose, Geranium, Camomille.
    Heart note : Amyris, Niaouli, Copahu balm, Cedarwood.
    Base note : Taulu balm, Patchouly, Oud accord.

Nomaoud

"An intense and captivating perfume which is vibrating thanks to powerful spicy woody notes sublimated by purple rose and cistus and wrapped up with black musk, leather and warm amber leaving a mysterious and unforgettable trail."

Top note : Saffran, Ylang.
    Heart note : Purple Rose, Cistus, Cedarwood, Cashmeran.
    Base note : Oud wood, Amyris, Sandalwood, warm Amber, Leather, black Musk.

Oud Intense

"Come to travel in the East with this rich and subtle perfume composed with delicate floral scents, typical and precious woody and amber notes, that give a perfect exhilarating harmony."

Top note : Blackcurrent, Lemon.
    Heart note : Rose, Patchouly.
    Base note : Amber, Cedarwood, Pine needle, Musk.

Each 100 ml spray bottle is priced at 75 € and are available from their site.

Now, just hoping they land on some discounters!

From: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...d_de.html#more
    Last edited by moltening; 7th April 2009 at 04:36 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Comptoir Sud Pacifique Releases Collection of Four Oud Scents

If I may quote thenmarcher, from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    Really, I have gone out of my Oud mind. I'll be glad when this little oud fad is over. At this rate, acquatics aren't looking so bad....
    LOL
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 7th April 2009 at 04:30 PM.

This should be interesting. I do like CSP, they are top quality gourmands. The latest, Coco Figue, is by none other than Pierre Bourdon.

I am actually very exited about this, but at the same time I kind of hope that they are not full bottle worthy because money is tight anyways.
    Will test these as soon as possible, for sure.

Come to think of it again, I am kind of suprised that Lutens/Sheldarke duo hasn`t yet released their take on this wonderful theme of oud. I think it is on its way (next two years by the latest) or then they will skip this thing completely.

Sounds good! Thnx for the heads up..

I will be happy to try these, but am also a little cautious.

A brand that releases FOUR oud scents in one hit makes me question the complexity or construction of these scents. Would it not be wiser to focus on creating one phenomenal scent as opposed to churning them out like a sausage factory? I dunno. But lets see.

Nomaoud sounds like something I might like... but I agree that four ouds at once is a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I will be happy to try these, but am also a little cautious.

A brand that releases FOUR oud scents in one hit makes me question the complexity or construction of these scents. Would it not be wiser to focus on creating one phenomenal scent as opposed to churning them out like a sausage factory? I dunno. But lets see.
    It's kind of like Montale... What is it about oud scents that makes these houses release them in scads?

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    It's kind of like Montale... What is it about oud scents that makes these houses release them in scads?
    They found a close-out sale on oud at Wallmart?

I'll try and check them out.

While people are going nuts with oud lately, it's mostly localized to niche frags. It's rare to smell someone wearing an oud heavy frag on the street. That's the biggest difference with the ouds and the acquatics

Has anyone tried any of these yet? The only reason I ask, because in general, I'm not a fan of aoud, but in performing a note search, Aoud de Nuit came up, and it sounds quite good.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

There's no room left on the Oud bandwagon.....I will also be glad when this is over.....Gary

They are all good especially Aoud de Nuit and Nomaoud

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    They are all good especially Aoud de Nuit and Nomaoud
    I agree.

I've never gotten to try an oud scent yet. I'll have to add that to my list
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I got to try Aoud de Nuit and Aoud Intense today from an awesome boutique called Todd's Room up in Birmingham Michigan.
    The only fragrance I have with oud in it is M7 and I do like that on some days, but I'm not in love with it.
    I need to go back and sample these again, because I think I'm going to buy the one on my hand that smells divine. I truly can't remember which was which. I need to take a notebook when I go shopping like this to make note of what I spray where.

I've yet to smell any of the much loved Montale Ouds, but these two were both lovely. I'll be sure to try the others.

Other frags present at Todd's Room
    Frank 1, 2 and 3
    Ulrich Lang Anvers 2
    Much of the L'artisan line (including Traversée du Bosphore and Al Oudh)
    Much of the Serge Lutens line (I originally went up to try and maybe buy Chergui--it wasn't there)
    Julliet Has a Gun
    D'Orsay Le Dandy and Nomade
    Caron Eau d'Reglisse
    Brandy edt
    Much of the Bond No 9's
    Keiko Mecheri line
    Odin 1, 2 and 3 (3 very nice)
    Miller et Bertaux (Green, Green, Green and one other)
    Last edited by JickyMan; 17th December 2010 at 05:14 AM.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

I haven't seen these around. The Intense, with its pine needle note, sounds interesting.
    But are these sweet?? The fact that CSP have moved off its vanilla obsession is a good thing.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Aoud Intense is such a traditional oud I'd expect to find it at a bazaar, Nomaoud is a standard rose oud, Aoud de Nuit is perfumey, good for ladies that love vanilla and want to be part of the oud trend. Aouda also perfumey, the most conventional of the four.
    Last edited by spice; 29th July 2011 at 11:24 AM.