Code of Conduct

Default it's 33 Celsius in Mumbai, humidity level: 31%

In such weathers, I typically approach my TDC's or Creed or L'Air or Ambre Sultan....I always thought that citrusy scents would be the ones thatd be perfect for our kind of summers(in general)...but then, I don't why (but i'm glad I did), I reached out for this scent I typically use for cooler evenings... applied two sprays each on wrist forming a line and three sprays under neck and one on chest. since I like this scent, it wasnt hard to appreciate it the moment I wore it...it's blunt notes of Citrus blended with warm notes of lavender over a dense heart of patchouli which forms the heart of this scent.

Soon I stepped out in the Sun. it was around 1.00 In the noon..and I was approaching our parking lot, this scent had started to settle down by then..I was totally drawn into it like never before...dry, crisp accords of coffee powder blended with earthy notes of Patchouli forming an aura around me. It blended so well with the dry weather, that i couldnt stop admiring the way it smelled. I then drove all the way to meet up with a real estate agent in town side. This was a very upscale office and I was called in a cabin to discuss some matters...it was almost an hour now since I applied this scent, and still, the crisp, dry notes of coffee powder along with patchouli was going strong and I could feel I was filling up that cabin with this smell. at this point I got a little conscious about it...but then, I was put to ease by this lovely lady who walked in, she complimented the agent I was meeting with on his cologne, he corrected her immediately and said it was me...at this point I didnt know how to react...i mean, the entire cabin smelt of this scent..I guess nothing wrong with that .

Fast-forward 4 hours and this one smoothens out and is no longer crisp and dry, on the contrary, it smells of this wonderful concoction of gourmandish notes. Listed basenotes are Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel and Musk....very few scents can replicate what this scent has done to/for this genre we so fondly call Gourmands. This ones more than a gourmand, its a masterpiece and whats more? its "perfect" for summers. Enjoy!
    Last edited by jenson; 8th April 2009 at 07:30 AM.

Default Re: it's 33 degree Celsius with a humidity level of 31% in Mumbai

Jen;

Sounds like weather I also have here in Oklahoma at times. Fragrance sounds good. Maybe I missed something, but what fragrance were you wearing?
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 7th April 2009 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Listed basenotes are Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel and Musk....very few scents can replicate what this scent has done to/for this genre we so fondly call Gourmands. This ones more than a gourmand, its a masterpiece and whats more? its "perfect" for summers. Enjoy!
    Jenson...that smells like Angel Men to my nose

am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Jen;

Sounds like weather I also have here in Oklahoma at times. Fragrance sounds good. Maybe I missed something, but what fragrance were you wearing?
    shoot me..but it's A*Men . i kinda re-discovered this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr16 View Post
    Jenson...that smells like Angel Men to my nose
    am I correct?
    Yes!
    Last edited by jenson; 7th April 2009 at 04:59 PM.

I think I'll replicate your experiment with the last little bit of Amen I have in my decant when it warms up again here in Florida (which should be next week )

I don't give much credit to "summer" and "winter" scents, I just use what I feel like using.

So in days being 34 C and a 90 % humidity I would use woody / oriental scents, and in 5 C / 35 % humidyt I would use hesperidic scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    I don't give much credit to "summer" and "winter" scents, I just use what I feel like using.

So in days being 34 C and a 90 % humidity I would use woody / oriental scents, and in 5 C / 35 % humidyt I would use hesperidic scents.
    it's just that, i felt A*Men would be very cloying for a hot summer afternoon. i was very wrong.

btw, first line you mention you wear what you like and in second you classify scents according to climate yourself?
    Last edited by jenson; 7th April 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Shanghai had 70% humidity when i was there and the same heat, I think I wore laundrette and d' humeur rire by L' artisan and another of the humeur ones that is light and airy. It was just way way too hot for anything else for me, plus I think people around me would have been less impressed had I worn something stronger. Should have bought some shisheido scents while I was there

I don't know how people wear very strong scens in such heat, I knwo the theory that you need something stronger to get through the other smells but I find it cloying on myself I guess, maybe I just needed more time to adjust?

In Iceland 20 degrees is a heatwave btw
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

well Lian, i felt the same way! i have had A*men for over a year now and never have i worn it out in noon; and thats exactly the point of this thread ! ...i was suprised to see how beautifully it complimented the hot weather and never felt cloying.

whoa! angel in 33!! i put it on back of shelf while temp. grow to 15
    2morrow will be about 17 and maybe ill try it, but no more than 2 mists, no concentrated spritz or i think i would kill my gf
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzw

Hey, Jenson... have you ever tried Ice Men from the same line? it's really actually surprisingly good. I thought it would be a silly bright aquatic number but what it is to me is a clean patchouli, I almost get the sensation of a Tide clean shirt with patchouli.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post

btw, first line you mention you wear what you like and in second you classify scents according to climate yourself?
    LOL!!! Well said, I stepped on my tail! What I wanted to say is that I don't mind using so called "winter scents" in the summer. Or so called "summer scents" in the winter.

BTW, it is scorching hot down here even though March 21st was the official date Autumm began. Yes, that is Global Warming!

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    Hey, Jenson... have you ever tried Ice Men from the same line? it's really actually surprisingly good. I thought it would be a silly bright aquatic number but what it is to me is a clean patchouli, I almost get the sensation of a Tide clean shirt with patchouli.
    now i'm intrigued about Ice*Men too! i have often noticed people acknowledging thisrelease. It's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    LOL!!! Well said, I stepped on my tail! What I wanted to say is that I don't mind using so called "winter scents" in the summer. Or so called "summer scents" in the winter.

BTW, it is scorching hot down here even though March 21st was the official date Autumm began. Yes, that is Global Warming!
    Last edited by jenson; 8th April 2009 at 04:00 AM.

On the flip side of this, I found Chanel No.19, a fragrance I was sure would be best in warm weather, was much, much better in cooler weather.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    I don't know how people wear very strong scens in such heat, I knwo the theory that you need something stronger to get through the other smells but I find it cloying on myself I guess, maybe I just needed more time to adjust?
    Lets look at it this way. The temperature and humidity Jenson described is our average all year-round here in Nigeria. It therefore means that, here, we are not conditioned to cold-weather/hot-weather modes of dressing, fragrances, etc. In fact i still find such threads here on BN very interesting mainly because i can not relate to the issue.

I love powerhouse frags, as well as the more demure ones, and have worn them for over 30 years. I have never had a problem with frags and temperature/humidity. Again, it is only when i joined BaseNotes that i learned that, for some people, it was an issue.

Culture and environment, IMO, are important factors which determine personal taste.

Vive le (la?) difference!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!