Code of Conduct

Default Wearing a bracelet on your left arm -

I usually wear my David Yurman cuff bracelet on my right arm and my watch on the left. Well I have made a vow that I am no longer going to wear a watch - do you think it would look odd if I started wearing my cuff bracelet on the left arm? I am going to feel naked with out something where my watch once was..

I have noticed that all guys wear their bracelets it on the right even if they are watchless...

Default Re: Wearing a bracelet on your left arm -

My watch died in the a** a few weeks ago, so now I wear a neoprene / white gold / yellow gold bracelet which I alternate between right and left wrists. In fact, because I'm right-handed, I find when Im typing at my keyboard or writing longhand, the bracelet (when worn on the right wrist) drags and rattles across the table, and drives me a leeeeettle bonkers. This is why I alternate occasionally.

Anyway, in short, I find it odd that you would think it odd if perhaps you wore a bracelet on the left(?). Is there a particular reason for thinking this? Are we talking aesthetics, or is there an unwritten rule that Im unaware of (like men's earring do's and dont's in the late 80s)?

I never wore a watch, but I have a gold bracelet on my left wrist. I think its just a question of tradition. If you dont feel weird ditching the watch to go with a bracelet, good for you. I shows confidence to break rules like this and not look out of place

I think it is perfectly fine. Besides it will get on your nerves if you are a righty and you wear it on your right wrist.
    Of course, you will probably be glancing at the cuff on your wrist all the time now...

Ok so is this a man thing with the bracelet on the left wrist, but not on the right? I say that you paid for it and you wear it however you want to. Hell if I paid almost a grip for a bracelet, I'd wear it on my ankle, wear it as a hair bow, or if I was a size 0 then I would hula hoop with it. I know that's how I would wear mine, anyway I chose. I don't do fashion. I do me. I wear my charm and tennis bracelets on my left wrist with my watch and my bangles on my right wrist. I can't be without my watch though. I hate having to dig thru my purse to find my phone to get the time when there's no clock around. Wear it on your right wrist.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Wear it where ever feels most comfortable, usually I wear on my left. I work on a computer all day, it's just irritating on the right because I use my mouse a lot. I really don't think it matters.

I prefer the left wrist because of thecomputer and note taking. I don't wear a watch as there are clocks everyplace!

I wear one of these on my right wrist.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 30th June 2009 at 03:19 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I could never wear anything aside from my watch on the wrist.

^ Same here

I don't wear a watch, but I wear a bracelet on my left wrist for the same reason I would wear my watch on my left hand: I'm right handed so I do a lot more stuff with that hand and a bracelet/watch might get in way. But I don't think it matters what wrist you wear it on.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

I tend to wear a rubber band on my left just to fiddle with nowadays.

I agree with Dimitri: wrist decor on my right (dominant) hand gets in the way.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 15th July 2009 at 04:08 PM.