Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 8 April

SL Santal Blanc. (Yesterday's sun and warmth has left us for now.)

The last few times I wore this I paired it with a bit of Samsara parfum, which I enjoyed. I've been hesitant to wear Santal Blanc alone of late, but it's working today. Also it is less strong than I remember. I could have sprayed a bit more.

Waiting on the arrival of Dianthus! Will wear that the very second it arrives. I tried it once and have been craving it for months and months (but always spent the money a bit too impulsively)

I do love Bal a Versailles, but don't get the seduction "note" myself. Others do. Last time I wore it out book shopping a man came up to me and demanded to know what it was, he LOVED it! Best ever scenr in his loud opinion, and this was a man much younger that me who was probably going to sprint to the store for some. Because it sure wasn't me he was interested in...LOL. Bal and LTBL tend to elicit the wildest responses and they have little in common.
    Currently wearing: Bluebell by Penhaligon's

Wow! It's smelling like a garden in here! Zibeline, congrats on your DIANTHUS. I love that one.

It's rainy here in Northern CA. We're going to Sonoma county for a couple of days, but the rain won't spoil our plans to enjoy the wine, food, and shopping. I'm especially looking forward to my visit to Hampton Court in Santa Rosa. I've never been, but I've certainly drooled over their fragrant online offerings.

I think I'll sample Neil Morris STORM today, but off to the (inside) shower first!

Update: It is evening now, and I just want to report that STORM is stunning. I have done the BN salute more times today than I can count!
    Last edited by Haunani; 9th April 2009 at 04:18 AM.

Greetings fragrant Friends.

On this lovely April morning I am wearing a lovely creation by Laurie Erickson of Sonoma Scent Studio..

Jour Ensoleille' (Sunny Day)
    The name is descriptive and appropriate for this bright little number - soft florals on a woody base.
    Perfect!

For those of you who celebrate, I hope you enjoy your time with family and loved ones during Passover and Easter.

Another day in Ormonde Woman. Have a lovely day, all.

le labo iris 39

Good Morning, everyone. Off to get some OJ in attempt to fight off this cold bug that's trying to get me. It won't get me... it won't get me...

Today in Parfumerie Generale L'Oiseau de Nuit and loooooving it.

EL Sensuous
    Currently wearing: Farnesiana by Caron

Dolce Vita parfum.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm actually wearing my new B&BW Butterfly Flower but I wanted to mention the new lemon fragrance at B&BW which I tried on yesterday.

It's an EdP-- 100ml in a glass spray bottle, $34.50. Excerpted from the B&BW website:

C.O. Bigelow®
    Lemon Eau de Parfum

This freshly scented Eau de Parfum is inspired by our most-loved, favorite original formulary, Lemon Body Cream. The pure, sparkling Lemon fragrance blends effervescent citrus notes with green lemon leaves and sensual, creamy undertones of warm white musk....
    Blends effervescent citrus notes with green lemon leaves and sensual, creamy undertones of warm white musk.

When I first sprayed it on it reminded me of Love's Fresh Lemon-- very nice! Per my New Year's Resolution, however, I decided to wear it longer before buying.

I found the fragrance turned sweeter, more of a candied lemon. The drydown didn't work for me; that reminded me of Jean Naté or the old Avon fragrance from the 1970s called Lemon Velvet. I suppose that is the musk. Alas, musk and I don't agree. But if you like lemon and musk, this new fragrance is worth a try.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 8th April 2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: fixed tags

Must de Cartier

Tauer
    L'Air du Désert Marocain

Dianthus arrived, hooray! Dianthus for my SotW!
    Currently wearing: Bluebell by Penhaligon's

Hello, lovelies !
    Kisses, Dora !

Thank you all for your goodnesses yesterday....

Today, I'm very green- read, SMN Ginestra- for Pesach preparations.
    I must be mad [ NO comments, please !] to attempt to pull this bunny out of the hat on so little time.

Still, it is precious to me-
    And my family loves it.

Wish you were all in my kitchen.

A zisn Pesach zu alles !
    MWAH !

Tested Divin'enfant and so far I liked but I want to test it a bit more, it reminded me of angel rather strongly for a bit and then changed, not a linear fragrance at all
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Guerlain Heritage today.

Cristalle EDT, the perfect complement to sunny spring weather.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

{{{{{*Dora*}}}}} and continued prayers for all affected by the earthquakes.

I have today off and am doing a bit of housework while sampling Red Door and Silver Rain. Neither send me. To quote Sakecat...
    Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    Not a scrubber. Not racing to wear this again.
    This week opened with a couple 70 deg. days, but now we're back to normal and should have rain through Easter Sunday. :brolly:
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 8th April 2009 at 06:34 PM.
    Currently wearing: Arpège by Lanvin

SotD was Montale's
    Aoud Damascus

I am becoming...wrong.....I have become officially an oudh addicted perfume lover

SotE will be the enormously comforting Bois d'Argent....

Wishing you a perfect evening all over the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Hi All - Everyone smells great today!

This morning I woke up with a craving for Eau des Merveilles. It's been a while since I wore it, and it's been so nice getting wafts of this orangy, salty, slightly balsamy scent all day long. I've already done the Basenotes salute about 15 times today! Ahhhhhh. Don't you just love a good scent day!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Blog Entries

In a frazzled distracted state today (not at all bad) ... I thought Asha's Terre d' Iris from yesterday would help me focus.

But then I saw Coconut's Carnal Flower... god I love that stuff... and it has been a while considering the size of my selection.

Carnal Flower

I'm way past smelling good... this stuff is divine....
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Coco Mlle.

I've had another whirlwind day (handed over all my "old job role" stuff at our London office; tomorrow I get to hear full details of my new job... though I already have a rough idea... and, well, I keep pinching myself...).

Then I met up with Grant's wife, Dani - who is adorable - and we went through the agenda for the August perfume tour. It's going to be lovely!

I made a small detour to Liberty's in-between and left with the new, smaller bottle size of MH Citron Citron. That's been my SotD, though in the morning just from a sample.

Nukapai, what a great day! I'm very excited for you and can't wait for you to be in your new job. Are we allowed to all live our dreams of perfume-world-dominance through you?

Dora - my great sympathies to you. I am thinking of you, and of all those who've suffered through the earthquake in Italy.

Today I am in Miller Harris, like Nukapai. I am learning to embrace oakmoss (much to my surprise as I'd always believed I'd never be able to embrace it) in Feuilles de Tabac. I like it very very much.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Nukapai, what a great day! I'm very excited for you and can't wait for you to be in your new job. Are we allowed to all live our dreams of perfume-world-dominance through you?

Dora - my great sympathies to you. I am thinking of you, and of all those who've suffered through the earthquake in Italy.

Today I am in Miller Harris, like Nukapai. I am learning to embrace oakmoss (much to my surprise as I'd always believed I'd never be able to embrace it) in Feuilles de Tabac. I like it very very much.
    Oooh I love Feuilles de Tabac (particularly on my husband ).

And thanks for your enthusiasm about my new job - I am still like this and don't quite believe it. But I'll feel more at ease (though probably still quite disbelieving) after I've had a proper chat with my new boss tomorrow.... !

Thank you all!

Let's hope we will only have good news from now on....

It was a perfect spring day today and I chose

Gardenia Musk -Ava Luxe.

Have a lovely evening!

Caron Farnesiana from my sample bag. This is pure heaven!

Blog Entries

I learn so much here! Must now seek out yet another MH: Fleur de Tabac. Today I'm sampling Parfum d'Empire's Osmanthe Interdit. The osmanthus is lovely and feminine, as usual, but I'm not sure what the 'interdit' part is about....it makes it sound darker, or more dangerous than it actually is. It is certainly nicer than SL's new Nuit de Cellophane which is terribly thin and well, cellophanic (if I may!).

(((Dora))) you are in my thoughts and my prayers.

A truly heartfelt wish for healing to all who are suffering in Italia, my heart bleeds for you.

Nukapai- Huge congrats to you on the new and fabulous job.

I wish all who are celebrating a wonderful Passover.

Blessings to you mein vilde Chaya for undertaking your Seder, I am just roasting a chicken and that is enough work. Kudos to you.

Today I am the sampler from hell; I went over board on samples I received (thanks to Dimples and Quixotic)

I put on some Cabochard (older version) which I adore in the wee hours of the morning. I then put on some Madame X when I let the dog out at around 7am, super yummy. Next I put on a little Bois des Iles extrait before going out, so much richer than the edt. Next I put on some ELDO Rossy de Palma, wonderful and different. Finally I put on a little dab of Encens et Bubblegum, it smells just like my favorite lipsticks ever, which were my Rochas, sadly now long discontinued.

For my sotE I will be putting on some No 19 extrait (hugs to dimples)

Sorry SMM, I just probably made the stats go buggy.

Love and hugs to all, take care and stay cozy this evening.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Blog Entries

SotA (post-chores and shower) is
    Myrurgia Maja.

Currently wearing: Arpège by Lanvin