SotY #5 Creed Bois du Portugal

Total Wears: 391 (0.7%)
    Number of weeks of at least one wear: 51
    Low week: 0 wears in week 14
    High week: 15 wears in week 50
    Average: 7.50 wears/week
    Number ones: 2
    Top 10’s: 33

The second Creed in the top 10 is Creed Bois du Portugal. Bois du Portugal was the yin to the other Creed, Green Irish Tweed’s yang. Green Irish Tweed was at its height in wears in the warm weather months. Bois du Portugal was at its height in the cooler weather. The difference is striking as Bois du Portugal averaged 4.76 wears/week in the first 24 weeks of the year and then doubled that average to 9.71 wears/week in the last 28 weeks.
    Bois du Portugal is one of the entry level scents to niche. It is many Basenoter’s first scent when they begin to explore niche scents. Bois du Portugal is one of the more highly regarded scents by the community and its position in the top 10 reflects that. There were a number of posters who have Bois du Portugal as a consistent member of their cold-weather roatation. It is also the signature scent of one poster who posted 40 wears of Bois du Portugal and was responsible for 10% of the wears of Bois du Portugal. Bois du Portugal was a male only scent with less than 5 wears coming from the women.
    See you tomorrow with #4.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotY: #5 Creed Bois du Portugal

Thanks for doing this SMM. It makes for a really interesting read! I'm in suspense every single day for the next scent in the top 10!

Yet another reason this is a male dominated web community, BN is very stats based!

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Bois du Portugal is one of the entry level scents to niche. It is many Basenoter’s first scent when they begin to explore niche scents. Bois du Portugal is one of the more highly regarded scents by the community and its position in the top 10 reflects that.
    I wouldn't call it "entry level." I'd call it "must have."

I wouldn't call it "one of the more highly regarded scents." I'd call it King. 70 positive reviews to 3 negative reviews on Basenotes.

There isn't a scent on your top 10 list even close to a 23:1 positive:negative review ratio.
    Last edited by Moneysuckle; 8th April 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    It is also the signature scent of one poster who posted 40 wears of Bois du Portugal and was responsible for 10% of the wears of Bois du Portugal. .
    tht must be the Duke

this poll really reflects the personality of Bners in general...

Red face Re: SotY: #5 Creed Bois du Portugal

It was me

Basenotes Institution

The first Top 10 that I really do not like at all. I've tried - but it's just not me.