Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Tried: Creed - Selection Verte, Neroli Sauvage

Well I have to say.. of all of the Private Collection Creeds, Selection Verte is as stunning as my buddy Scentronic told me about.

What a gorgeous fragrance. To my nose it smells like the fresh cut grass over a melange of citrus (lime/verbena). There's also a herbal menage in there that appears in the base during the dry down. Classy, and 5 stars all the way. Longevity and silage were average on me, but I wasn't able to wear it in a proper venue to evaluate that. No bottles of this one for sale - only a 2.5 oz tester with very dark juice. I wish I could convince them to sell me the tester..

Neroli Sauvage exceeded my expectations. I was able to get a full sample of this one. I ignored NS for a long time because of all of the other neroli fragrances out there that were said to be better. I speak of C&S Neroli, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, etc. Now that I've tried all of these I like NS the best so far.

It's bright and it appears to be quite a potent citrus... I'm skeptical, however, seeing that my skin eats up citrus fragrances like nothing else. AdP Colonia Assoluta required 6 sprays for any sort of longevity. Armani Prive's Oranger would take more than that.

Both of these Creed fragrances seem to be "happy juice" for me - I can see spritzing them on and automatically smiling, feeling invigorated and ready to step out into a warm, sunny day. Thanks for reading, folks.

Default Re: Tried: Creed - Selection Verte, Neroli Sauvage

Have to agree that Selection Verte is my favorite warm weather scent that makes me happy. I know Scentronic is an SV fiend. He has a flacon just waiting for the temps to rise. It kind of hard to find at a good price lately. I think I want a flacon of my own before summer arrives.

Heck yeah - big fan!

I'm about halfway through one flacon, and have two backups on hand in case Creed pulls some bullshit on me!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

These are two super-awesome fragrances! I'm buying multiple bottles of each any day now!!!

So, just so I'm clear here. Selection Verte is not one of the Private Collections that's been pulled, right?

I don't remember it being named as one of those being pulled per the prior thread.

I could definitely see wanting to stock up on both. Today I wore Montale's Fougeres Marines - nice fragrance, a little sweet and fruity and I definitely catch the marine quality, though it's quite subtle.

What I was left with, however, with the weather being as nice as it has been lately - was a desire to have SV and NS in my arsenal. Though the citruses fade quickly on my skin I have no problem with carrying around an atomizer and reapplying throughout the day - in fact it's like a burst of new energy... plus it makes it easier to go through 8.4 ounces of anything when you add up the total # of sprays in the day to be something like 12, 14? LOL

Neroli Sauvage is one of my favorite citrus fragrances along with Bois de Cedrat. These two make a good citrus tandem for me. Bois de Cedrat is the yin to Neroli Sauvage's yang. Neroli Sauvage is a warm, sunny, bright outgoing citrus fragrance, while Bois de Cedrat is the darker, cooler, more introspective citrus scent to my nose.

I wish Creed would release Selection Verte in regular bottles instead of those giant flacons.

I'm a SV fan too. I think it's probably one of the most refreshing fragrances I've ever had the chance to try.

While longevity is pretty low, I don't mind - the ingredients are so natural smelling that it's nice to use even as "pick me up" (although it's ridiculously expensive for that flacon!!).

I used to be a NS fan too but after 3 bottles of 3 different smelling batches, I'm fed up with its inconsistency from bottle to bottle.

What's the longevity of Neroli Sauvage like on you?
    I remember trying it and thinking it was fabulous, but was dismayed that 50 minutes later I couldn't detect it at all where I'd sprayed it on my arm.
    Renato

Got a spray sample of Neroli Sauvage a while back. Great scent, 0 lasting power. GIT and SMW at least stick around a bit - NS is a fleeting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    What's the longevity of Neroli Sauvage like on you?
    I remember trying it and thinking it was fabulous, but was dismayed that 50 minutes later I couldn't detect it at all where I'd sprayed it on my arm.
    Renato
    Hey Renato, not sure if that question was multi-directional or aimed at me, but I find that longevity of NS depends entirely on the batch. I've had one bottle that lasted a whole day, another that lasted an hour and now I have a decant from the perfumed court . com that lasts somewhere in between.

Every bottle was distinctly Neroli Sauvage, but the notes were in different proportions. If you can get a bottle that is particularly strong in the sandalwood department, you've hit gold (it lasts all day).

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Hey Renato, not sure if that question was multi-directional or aimed at me, but I find that longevity of NS depends entirely on the batch. I've had one bottle that lasted a whole day, another that lasted an hour and now I have a decant from the perfumed court . com that lasts somewhere in between.

Every bottle was distinctly Neroli Sauvage, but the notes were in different proportions. If you can get a bottle that is particularly strong in the sandalwood department, you've hit gold (it lasts all day).
    That's really interesting information, thanks.

I've posted here in the past about MI doing that trick too. When I first tried it at the shop years ago, it would only last two hours tops. But when I tried it six months ago, it easily lasted 8 hours.
    Renato

I've had a bottle of NS for about five years, only one, so cannot remark its consistency. It has never failed me and the sandalwood notes are the best.

I do like SV, but absolutely love Neroli Sauvage. Maybe SV will be more appreciated in the heat of summer.

Smelled Selection Verte for the very first time last week. I was bowled over by how incredibly fresh and invigorating it is. Reminds me of the old, original Green Water by Fath (not the current incarnation) but with a more pronounced mint note. The S/A said that this was Sigmund Freud's preferred scent - don't know if that's entirely accurate, but it was interesting.