Code of Conduct

Default Habanita--KaWow!

Call me selfish--you'll be justified today. I already posted this in today's SotD thread, where writing it took off for me, but I'm so happy in this scent that I selfishly decided to make a separate thread of it.

Let the word go out--I like this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Molinard Habanita here. This is killer!

It's been a long time since I've worn this. I had a bottle but said my mother could take it when she visited last, so I'm using a sample I came across. Wow this is fantastic. Serious and playful at the same time. Powder, tobacco, amber (I think) and some florals or lavender. I'm really digging it.

I might have to give up my previous claim that it resembles Creed's vintage Tabarome though. It seems closer to, and more playful than, Caron's Tabac Blond today. I doubt the value of my own comparisons now, so beware.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: Habanita--KaWow!

Nice one Chris!
    I have an outlook to try this one soon too... something that epitomises the Molinard brand and (arguably) is the scent they are best known for, has got to be something special.

One of my signature scents..... I recently met the owner of Molinard and wasn't wearing scent that day, and he said in French"you are THE Habanita woman'.. so wow is right
    "If only there could be an invention that bottled up a memory, like scent. And it never faded, and it never got stale. And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again."
    Daphne du Maurier

Chris, are you wearing the EdP? I had the EdT for a while and found it so sweet and powdery that I seldom wore it. But then I'm wrong about half the time when I dismiss things. So great that you've found something that suits you now. Time to swipe it back from your mom.

Strolly,
    How about a mom like that eh? She'd catch me and say "hey, who brought you into being? I think I paid dearly for that Habanita, so give it back!"

You ask a really good question--edt or edp. My mom took my edt, and I always thought, based on that, that Habanita was much lighter and more beautifully ethereal than this is today. Sadly, this sample vial and its sample card aren't marked as to the concentration. It seems a pretty thick liquid, so I'm starting to think it has to be the edp. Strong too, and dense like other edps I've experienced.

Incredibly great too. It's like a dense gelatinous hunk of all of its ingredients sitting there, on the table in front of me, smoking. Sometimes the smoke is cigarette smoke, sometimes its cigar leaf stem smoke, sometimes it's just plain dry ice hissing smokiness all around. Sometimes its ashes too. So cool!

Memechose, you're on the money making this your special stuff. Advice--don't let my mom into your house!

Dimitri, this scent would indeed be a company's cash cow. The proceeds probably gave all the time and creation funds for making Molinard scents ever since.

More I think about it, this just has to be the edp.

Strolly, it's late at night and a strong full day's wearing isn't over. This stuff hangs on, but the last few hours have turned pretty powdery. It might be too much of that after all, but in no way disagreeable for me. There isn't the power of smoke anymore, but a nice smooth, dense and powdery amber. In the middle of the day it smelled nice and gummy, but now it's the end of the gum and into the thick powder.

Habanita's a good'un.

Thumbs up Re: Habanita--KaWow!

Well i own and use to wear HABANITA ( i love it ) from time to time and get it from MOLINARD'S site.
    There are only two concentrations, the Eau de Toilette ( 100 ml spray and 120 ml bottle ) and Parfum ( extrait 15ml and 30 ml ).
    On me it smells like cigarette without being burned....marvellous
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

There's also a 100 ml extrait for the US market: