Code of Conduct

Default Nasomatto Silver Musk - silent killer of the ladiesssss

I'm confused as all hell. . but intrigued.

I'm wearing a sample of Silver Musk today and though i barely smell it, when I sniff the wrist i get Bulgari pH. . right down to the green tea spike.

Nobody has mentioned my scent today at work, but i asked 3 women to specifically sniff my arm and give me their honest opinion on a scale of 1-10. I should point out that each of these women has been giving me honest scent feedback for several years and have no problems telling me when a scent stinks.

Here's the thing - all 3 of these women were left with their mouths agape in ecstasy once they got a whiff. Every single one of them paused and remained silent with their mouth open for a good two seconds, like they were overcome by the potion. One of them, whos's anything but a shy one, instantly turned beet red and just started blushing. Her face literally went from normal to red in about 2seconds and she started stammering, and then wouldn't look me in the eye. She gathered herself and then blurted, "Umm. . wow..that.. .dangerous."

I should also point out that these ladies range in age from 28 to 50, but they are all hip and outgoing people (the 50 year old is like Sharon Stone, not like Sharon Osbourne).

They usually rate my colognes an average of 7. This one they rated as 9, 9, and 10.

Have you had similar experiences with Silver Musk? And what is your impression of the sillage and projection?

If cupid dips his arrows in poisoin, it may be Silver Musk.

Default Re: Nasomatto Silver Musk - silent killer of the ladiesssss

One honest question, how do YOU find the sillage? Or is there no sillage? were these women able to detect the nasomatto without sniffing your arm/wrist?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Just ordered a sample from Perfumed Court. Now I really can't wait to try it.

The similarity with Bulgari PH is obvious. I found Silver Musk a kind of finer scent, lacking that note which someone in a review called "metal-handle" note. Nevertheless, with that in mind it's not so interesting a scent, lacking that kick.
    But even to Bulgari's standard its sillage is near to nothing. I wouldn't pay for it, especially that I have Bulgari for about one-fourth price.

I find the similarity far more with Gendarme than with Bulgari PH. In fact, Gendarme and SM are so similar that I can't really see myself spending that much more simply for the bottle. I agree though, that it smells positively amazing.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Institution

So...what if I don't want to kill the ladiessssss? Does Silver Musk just, you know, smell good to you?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So...what if I don't want to kill the ladiessssss? Does Silver Musk just, you know, smell good to you?
    Honestly, My nose is pretty sensitive and I love clean musks but I can hardly smell this on myself unless I shove my wrist inside my nasal septum I won't be buying it because i already own Bulgari pH and can pick up Gendarme for a fraction of the price.

I've already bought one expensive musk (Mure et Musc Extreme, which I love) recently and with Bulgari pH and Kiehl's oil and EdT in tow, its hard to justify.

But given the comments, I thought I would share the story. In the several years I've been working with these women, this is their favorite (along with Musc Ravageur)

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    One honest question, how do YOU find the sillage? Or is there no sillage? were these women able to detect the nasomatto without sniffing your arm/wrist?
    They only smelled it once they got close and sniffed. Even when i stepped back to a few feet away they did not smell it. One reason may be that i dabbed it on from a sample vial, rather than spraying it on.

My 2 cents worth. I have a full bottle of Silver Musk and have worn it a few times. It could be considered the most expensive skin cent in the world as it doesn't project in the traditional sense. On the other hand it amazes in how it implements the "clean" smell, unique indeed.

Unlike the body shop's white musk or Kiehls Musk oil it doesn't have a fruity accord so you could put it in the stealth category...
    Last edited by jathanas; 11th April 2009 at 02:51 AM.

I wore it this morning and got two compliments on it... one of just a 'ooh, you smell good' and the other was a 'wow, you smell SO clean.' I think it may come across as just the ideal fresh, clean scent (which is how they promote it anyways).

I ended up using Musc Ravageur over the remnants of my Silver Musk as I went out tonight to a club, and its interesting to see the differnet reactions they garner. I had two girls (unsolicited) make commetns about how amazing MR was. . .that's about 5 unsolicited comments in 3 wears from women ranging from 25-43, for those keeping score at home.

I wear colognes that i like to wear, more than wearing them for the the ladies, so my greatest joy is that my nose has gone from not caring too much for Musc Ravageur, to falling in love with the spicy, cardamom and vanilla scent. . . but my samples are running low!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Smells good to me Mike! You should try it if you haven't.

I must agree that SM is probably my favorite anti-perfume. Whereas L'antimatiere is overloaded with white musk, bordering on fabric softener (although it is enjoyable), SM literally smells like elf skin. I doubt anyone would ever complain about it, and so, it's an ideal choice for those occasions when a real fragrance would not be a good idea. The price is ridiculous though - at least the bottle is cool.

Does smell a bit like Bulgari PH, but a little more rounded and less sharp and harsh.
    Sales thread here

Well, I couldn't wait for my sample to arrive, so I paid a visit to the Scent Bar for a shpritz . It's very amazing smelling, but now after wearing it for four hours I wonder if I'd actually plunk down the $150 for an oz. I could see the spray puddle on the back of my hand for at least 2 hrs. There's a note in it that reminds me of a scent a girlfriend wore years ago. Or maybe it was just her. Can't quite place it. This is a unisex scent, imho. I think it would be very sexy on a girl. It oozes a "come hither" vibe. I do like it a lot, and the Scent Bar is such a cool place.

Sillage is non existent, staying power is very good. More exotic and not green smelling like Gendarme EDP, which I wore on my other hand for comparison, Too nice and too precious for the office, where it would go unappreciated by others anyway. Great one for a first date when you go in for the kiss.
    Last edited by adonis; 12th April 2009 at 01:37 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Smells good to me Mike! You should try it if you haven't.

I must agree that SM is probably my favorite anti-perfume. Whereas L'antimatiere is overloaded with white musk, bordering on fabric softener (although it is enjoyable), SM literally smells like elf skin. I doubt anyone would ever complain about it, and so, it's an ideal choice for those occasions when a real fragrance would not be a good idea. The price is ridiculous though - at least the bottle is cool.

Does smell a bit like Bulgari PH, but a little more rounded and less sharp and harsh.
    I am anosmic to many musks, so I think I'll pass.

Elf skin, eh? I always wondered what those little guys smelled like? LOL

I like Bulgari Pour Homme but can't wear it (reminds me of my ex-boyfriend).

Wow, I can still smell on the back of my hand the single spray I applied almost 28 hours ago.

Silver musk isn't a strong scent, but it does have some sillage. It's hard to catch it though. It lasts for a good while.

Silver Musk is the polar opposite of MKK. I like both equally, depending on my mood.

After about two months again I gave my Bulgari PH a full wearing. I think it's a better scent than Silver Musk. Longevity and sillage are winner over SM, too.
    Last edited by Sandy; 13th April 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    After about two months again I gave my Bulgari PH a full wearing. I think it's a better scent than Silver Musk. Longevity and sillage are winner over SM, too.
    What is a "full wearing" exactly? Does that mean you wore it on top of the lotion or bodywash?

Sandy - i've noticed that Bulgari pH may smell better to the wearer, but my admitteldy brief "research" indicates that others respond to NSM much more ephatically. . .if they get close enough to smell it.

Full wearing means that all over my neck, ears, top of my hand. I don't use any kind of lotion, and at shower what I generally use is very moderately scented.
    People don't use to respond to my scents, I accept your opinion. Now thinking about it my problem maybe with SM is that there is a tad bit sweetness in it, which I don't notice in Bulgari. And I don't like different worlds in one scent. Musk should be musk, and so on.. of course this is just a personal taste.
    Last edited by Sandy; 13th April 2009 at 06:44 PM.

Bulgari PH dries down to pepper and musk, but mainly pepper. Does Nasomatto Silver Musk do the same?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Bulgari PH dries down to pepper and musk, but mainly pepper. Does Nasomatto Silver Musk do the same?
    I don't notice the same pepper in the drydown of BpH as I do with SM. Silver Musk is also a lot smoother IMO.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense