Code of Conduct

Question Looking for the best absinthe fragrance?

I have a strong curiousity about the scent of absinthe and the notes make it sound minty and refreshing, maybe great for hot summer days? I just sampled L'Artisan's version and found it too pine tree. Can anyone describe others they know of or point me in the direction of a good one?
    ~~~~~~~~Pulsing veins of green rushing nutrients through unfurling leaflets , dirty-faced little blooms poking their sleepy heads up through cold March dirt...the promising scent of unfallen rain hanging heavy in the dark cloud-ladden air...Oh the beauty of Spring here in the country!

Default Re: Looking for the best absinthe fragrance?

I've been looking for a good absinthe fragrance too, so I've been reading up on reviews... I've noticed that Douce Amere by Serge Lutens looks promising, although I haven't tried it yet.

I like Fou d'absinthe, but I agree, its not what you would expect by the name.
    Sales thread here

Sur la Plage

Nasomatto Absinth - it's not minty though.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 11th April 2009 at 02:22 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TaraYvonne View Post
    I have a strong curiosity about the scent of absinthe and the notes make it sound minty and refreshing, maybe great for hot summer days? I just sampled L'Artisan's version and found it too pine tree. Can anyone describe others they know of or point me in the direction of a good one?
    Agreed - FdA is like a sweet version of the original Polo but - BTW- I love it and own it. I think Killian does and absinthe scent?
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 11th April 2009 at 02:29 AM.

Definitely try Serge Luten's Douce Amere. It has a nice mellow woodiness.

Thanks guys, I'll write those down and try to get ahold of samples. Maybe what I read about it wasn't right with the mint? Maybe one of you could give me a more accurate description?

I know it is an Avon release, but the press and media campaign for Christian Lacroix's ABSYNTHE is pretty compelling. Has anyone had the opportunity to sample this?

Hey there Tara, you should check this out:
    Absolument Absinthe Le Parfum D'Interdits (2006), by Liquoristerie de Provence
    Check the BN reviews and see what you think.

For my taste, Fou D'Absinthe is excellent, but I do love a pine scent.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Institution

You owe it to yourself to try Ava Luxe's Absinthe. There is no other scent like it - it's very strongly mint and absinthe prominent. It even cools your skin when you apply it. The color is dark mutant green too.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th April 2009 at 02:27 PM.

Smile Re: Looking for the best absinthe fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Nasomatto Absinth - it's not minty though.
    I agree. A very compelling scent. I once owned it, but then suddently found it unwearable (what's that all about?), but for a while it was a strong love.

Also agree with Odysseum about Parfum d'Interdits Absolument Absinthe. Really wonderful. Go to luckyscent for a sample of both of these.

I too highly recommend SL Douce Amere...I'm actually wearing it today. It's just beautiful! I

It's described as a "fresh oriental", and the notes are: absinthe (a.k.a.wormwood), cinnamon, anise, lily, jasmine, tiare, tagette, marigold, musk, and cedar.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Check out this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I know it is an Avon release, but the press and media campaign for Christian Lacroix's ABSYNTHE is pretty compelling. Has anyone had the opportunity to sample this?
    I got a 1 ml. sample of this Thursday with my Avon order. I found it sweet and warm (not cool, not refreshing, and definitely not anything I like.)

Here is some info I found about it:

Absynthe by Avon is an aromatic fragrance for women. Absynthe is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Le Guernac. Top notes are star anise, absynth extract, freesia; middle notes are orchid, floral notes, narcissus absolut and saffron; base notes are woodsy notes, myrhh, musk, amber, antique wood and ebony wood.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=226595

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    I think Killian does and absinthe scent?
    Technically A Taste Of Heaven is their take on absinthe. I just found it to be gobs and gobs of sweetness. Blog post with full review here.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

I remember liking Sweet Absinthe by Ava Luxe. I had a small sample but gave it to someone who wanted to try it, so I can only say that I thought it was quite good several months ago.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 11th April 2009 at 08:11 PM.