Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Nasomatto Black Afgano ~ new fragrance

http://www.nstperfume.com/2009/04/10...new-fragrance/

http://blog.madisonperfumery.com/200...nasomatto.html

"smoky, syrupy, raw, masculine, at times medicinal, with a tremendous lasting power and a color to match its strength."

Default Re: Nasomatto Black Afgano ~ new fragrance

"Oh, come on and kick me , oh , come on and kick me
    Come on and kick me, you've got your problems
    I've got my ass wide, you've got your big G's
    I've got my hash pipe, i've got my hash pipe."
    Last edited by ajmc; 10th April 2009 at 07:42 PM.

So this is supposed to make you smell like you've been smoking hash? Wouldn't that get you in trouble?

hehe, very interesting though...I want to try!

I haven't tried anything by Nasomatto yet, but I'll start now. This one sounds and looks good.

Basenotes Institution

1. The bottle kind of looks like a cross between a goth lampshade for a Barbie Dream House and a Chanel nail polish bottle
    2. Don't inhale

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    1. The bottle kind of looks like a cross between a goth lampshade for a Barbie Dream House and a Chanel nail polish bottle
    2. Don't inhale

haha yes! two more reasons to try this.

I've been dissapointed so far with the lack of cannabis notes in Cannabis Santal and Coze by Parfumerie Generale. Should be interesting, to say the least...
    Sales thread here

I don't want to judge based on looks but... this sounds disgusting which means I will have to try it.

No thanks.
    Props to them for putting this out though, it can only help the movement.
    No need to pay that price, for what is frequently a lingering "basenote" on me, that is complimented nicely by my SOTD. Plus I get plenty of LOLs in addition.

I'll buy it.

Blog Entries

Anybody tried it yet? As far as I know, Haschish is Cannabis.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Blog Entries

I asked about this the last time I was at Barneys and they hadn't heard of it yet...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Anybody tried it yet? As far as I know, Haschish is Cannabis.
    No Cannabis plant material, just the sticky citrus-skunk-labdanum-like resin glands, smashed into a semi-solid brick. If Black Afghano has lots of Myrcene, Limonene, Pinene, and a thick sticky labdanum base, it will smell authentic. I won't buy it, but I'll for certain smell and critique it, to see how close they got. Again, props to Nasomatto for doing this, as it can only help the decriminization/medical/legalization movement.

Blog Entries

Anybody? ANYBODY? Perhaps Magnificient in Milan? I am really curious about this one, and luckyscent doesn't know when is it going to be available.
    Last edited by Mudassir; 12th May 2009 at 01:55 AM.

Sounds good! I want to try!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Lol when I was young we used to spray cologne to hide that smell and now its a fragrance I give it a try.

Blog Entries

Bump.

I am really intrigued by it as Haschish is the smell associated with some Sufi gatherings. Not sure if it is the same thing as marijuana though, or whether it is really something drug related?

Anybody yet? I wonder when will luckyscent have it?

I asked my Barney's SA if she'd heard anything about it in my last email to her - I'll post what her reply is when I hear back.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I don't want to judge based on looks but... this sounds disgusting which means I will have to try it.
    Looks like we use the same criteria to form our wishlist.

Blog Entries

I saw it was available on Ebay but no samples.

Hmmm... Why is the underwear, that I'm currently wearing, still dry?

Now I've written to my friend who in his shop carries all Nasomatto frags. I hope he'll carry this new one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    2. Don't inhale

Cannabis resins and colognes don't do you much good if you don't inhale
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

It looks like First in fragerence now carries this. Actually for a couple of weeks. Samples are available.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/kosmet...oducts_id=5120

May be their best release yet. **puts a sample into the shopping cart**

Well, I wasn't really intrigued with their previous ones.
    Last edited by moltening; 31st May 2009 at 07:26 PM.

I personally like their Duro and want to try this one badly. I have a weakness for black things!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Stepped into The Scent Bar today and asked them about it. Still not in their store. Such a dangerous place, if you haven't been, perhaps you shouldn't go.

In college, when finances were tight, we'd scrape our bowls and smoke the resin for the residual high. O for a fragrance that reminds me of those lean times. Perhaps I should look for a Pabst Blue Ribbon-inspired fragrance, as well. Bravo, Nasomatto. I'm intrigued.

Edit: re: Nasomatto's website, kudos to the audio mix that samples the Rolling Stone's "Shattered." A refreshing take on a cool beat.
    Last edited by Circa1905; 1st June 2009 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    How does it smell? Can you review it?

Sorry, my intention was to inform you that it has arrived to THAT PLACE

Blog Entries

I couldn't wait, and got it from Ebay blind. If this is what marijuana smells like, then I missed out on going to high school in USA :-)

Its definitely one of the better niche scents I have smelled lately. That reflects more on the sorry state of crowded niche field, rather than Black Afgano being something extra-ordinary. My tolerance of "dark" scents is pretty high, and this is definitely dark. After the first few minutes, it seems to be pretty linear - and I consider that a sign of quality nowadays (if it lasts).
    Last edited by Mudassir; 5th June 2009 at 01:50 AM.

I can see it now:
    No, honest, officer...it's uh,....my cologne! Yeah, that's it!! My cologne! You r-e-a-l-l-y don't need to search the car. I mean, I can explain everything. It all started on Basenotes, see? It's kind of a long story....By the way, don't you smell the other notes? As I was saying....

I couldn't wait, and got it from Ebay blind. If this is what marijuana smells like, then I missed out on going to high school in USA :-)

Its definitely one of the better niche scents I have smelled lately. That reflects more on the sorry state of crowded niche field, rather than Black Afgano being something extra-ordinary. My tolerance of "dark" scents is pretty high, and this is definitely dark. After the first few minutes, it seems to be pretty linear - and I consider that a sign of quality nowadays (if it lasts).
    I went to highschool and I didn't miss out! :-P

Just FYI to everyone, Hashish and Marijuana don't smell that much alike, by itself or smoked.

I got my sample the other day. I do own a bottle of Duro and enjoy it from time to time.

Black Afgano does open with a blast of something very reminiscent of hashish, not quite a 100%, but close anyway. The Nasomatto blurb below does a decent job of explaining their goals. It didn't give me any arousal or temporary bliss. It doesn't smell nasty in anyway. I did keep asking myself is this something I really want to smell like. The answer keep coming back no. BA is more like a "study"in what can be done. Something that teachers and students of perfumery can pick apart in the lab, but I think few will want to wear. It's interesting enough that I recommend sampling just for the experience.

Nasomatto blurb -
    The new fragrance “Black Afgano” by Nasomatto pays homage to the Orient with its “hypnotic flowers and psychedelic woods”. The perfume aspires to evoke hashish of the highest quality. It was created to arouse and prolong the effects of temporary bliss. Black Afgano is a smoky, syrupy, rough and very strong fragrance that definitely belongs to the range of dark and strong “drug-like” Nasomatto perfumes.

Blog Entries

Temporary bliss, just from the smell? Oh brother. For $150 a bottle, I think I want a little more from my fragrance. (Plus, I don't relish being chased by Police dogs!)

I am really intrigued by it as Haschish is the smell associated with some Sufi gatherings. Not sure if it is the same thing as marijuana though, or whether it is really something drug related?
    Female Marijuana flowers (Cannabis Indica or Cannabis Sativa) naturally secrete a sticky funky smelling clear-to-milky-to-amber colored coating of sparkling resin glands, as a defense against insects/dehydration/UV rays:

[mods remove pics if it offends anyone]

Those sparkling resin glands is where the bliss is. and the aroma-chemicals as well (which include Myrcene, limonene, pinene, eugenol, citral, terpenes, etc.)

In countries like Afghanistan and Morroco, for example, these resin glands are rubbed off or shaken off of mature dried flowers, and pressed together into a sticky solid mass, which is then pressed and cut into bars or slabs. In this process, it loses much of the limonene (a volatile topnote), and if the workers aren't clean, gains some dirt, dust, and skin oils. This accounts for why Haschish smells darker than it's source flower/plant.

I'm very interested in this scent, and am proud of Nasomatto for making such a scent (with such a name) at this time.

Available as pre-order at Luckyscent.

*shameless plug*. or in the BN's market place. I bought this blind a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work for me.

more mysterious than even Duro. Which was the best in my books until this came. Worth a sniff for sure.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    *shameless plug*. or in the BN's market place. I bought this blind a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work for me.
    Tell us a little more about it Futami.

I was going to order a sample of this from luckyscent, but mysteriously, it's as if it were never there. It's off their site completely now.

indeed it's very dark, beautiful... and it will be no longer produced; it's a limited number of bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I was going to order a sample of this from luckyscent, but mysteriously, it's as if it were never there. It's off their site completely now.
    I wonder if lucky scent got a call from the DEA about it. You know how we are in this country about such things. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't let them import it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I wonder if lucky scent got a call from the DEA about it. You know how we are in this country about such things. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't let them import it.
    I emailed them - we'll see what the deal is.

Just heard back from Andrea - turns out they just removed it from the site for now but will turn it back on later. She gave me a link to order a sample, and the site says the full bottles aren't available until August 14th. They are probably just avoiding a bunch of orders that can't be filled yet.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 6th August 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by innamoramento View Post
    indeed it's very dark, beautiful... and it will be no longer produced; it's a limited number of bottles.
    I don't think that's true at all. I was speaking with Franco from LS a few weeks back and he said that they had received it in to sample at the store but didn't expect it in for sale until mid to late August. Nothing was said about it being a limited edition. I think perhaps it was put up on the site with a little too much haste, and they needed to take it down early.

Edit: Right after I posted I noticed that it IS on their website still. It's being shipped August 14.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...ck_Afgano.html
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 6th August 2009 at 11:16 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I am sampling this today and have to say Im in raptures!
    A REALLY nice thick, dark, incensey one... just what I needed! *rolls eyes*

I also just received my sample of it and the level of intensity has kept me from wearing it in the heat we've been currently having. It is going to be on my short list to wear once the weather turns just a tad cooler.
    The one thing I am getting, more that a hash or cannabis note, is an intense smoky tea note at the top. Mind you that's on a strip and one spray to my wrist. this is going to be an interesting one to wear all over.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

this sounds intresting !

I liked the opening *very* much - bold, uncompromising, nose-assaulting thick, tarry spice-fest - but the dry-down left much to be desired. I found it very lineair after 2 hours and it started annoying me how heady it was. Granted, it was way too hot to wear it, but at one spray it's already semi-lethal. Also got more and more patch the further it dried down, and guess what my nemesis note is. I prefer Absinth or China White from the line.

By the way, whoever thinks this smells remotely like hashies has been sampling the real deal. In other words: no.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 26th August 2009 at 12:51 PM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Well, summer has all but come and gone here in Scandinavia, and the days are sitting around the 16 degree celcius mark - Black Afgano is PERFECT in this climate. Though... 30ml at $150 a pop is trés steep...

My friend purchased this from Vienna about three weeks ago, and when I first smelt it, I smelled incense and cloves. Where have I smelt this before...where...where...AHA!!! This smelt exactly like the deep drydown of Serge Noir. I have always admired the drydown, but hated the topnotes and the heart. The drydown was a splendid accord of muted campfire ashes and subtle notes of cloves. My favorite from the Nasomatto line so far! Genius!

I've had a chance to try this - it's definitely on the to-buy list. It's fantastically weird for the first 30 minutes, but settles into an amazing scent after.

I don't know guys. I'm sampling this for the first time right now and something is really fishy. Why does this smell oddly familiar to their own Duro, just with the sweetness turned WAY down? It's the SAME exact resinous leather that's in Duro. I LOATHE Duro, BA is less sweet, but why bother? It's just a non-revolting version of Duro to me. Don't mean to offend anyone that loves it though.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    I liked the opening *very* much - bold, uncompromising, nose-assaulting thick, tarry spice-fest - but the dry-down left much to be desired. I found it very lineair after 2 hours and it started annoying me how heady it was. Granted, it was way too hot to wear it, but at one spray it's already semi-lethal. Also got more and more patch the further it dried down, and guess what my nemesis note is. I prefer Absinth or China White from the line.

By the way, whoever thinks this smells remotely like hashies has been sampling the real deal. In other words: no.
    Almost my thoughts exactly, I still think i need a bottle of this though, I don't have anything this dark and smokey in my collection as of now. I like BA, then Duro, then China white, but I haven't tried the others yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I don't know guys. I'm sampling this for the first time right now and something is really fishy. Why does this smell oddly familiar to their own Duro, just with the sweetness turned WAY down? It's the SAME exact resinous leather that's in Duro. I LOATHE Duro, BA is less sweet, but why bother? It's just a non-revolting version of Duro to me. Don't mean to offend anyone that loves it though.
    You know what? I was thinking the same thing, when I briefly tested it a week ago - a strong, raw resinous blast and then Duro all the way...

Morning Star

I tried Black Afgano at The Scent Bar Friday afternoon. The opening is very tarry, smoky, and sweet. I liked it. Over time, it loses the sweetness and becomes more tarry. In the drydown, it seems very similar to Gucci Pour Homme. I took a shower later that evening and it wouldn't wash off. In any case, I liked it but I already own Gucci Pour Homme and don't need a more expensive version of its drydown.

I also tried Black Afghano at The Scent Bar this afternoon. Not feeling it. It's not bad by any means and worth trying, however. If you like leathery tar, this is a must try.

I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it.

Wasn't excited about this. It smells like Palisander on steroids with the added smoke and tar people are talking about only in the topnotes.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 19th September 2009 at 10:12 PM.

Default Black afgano

Has anyone tried Nasamatto's Black Afgano? Thoughts?

Default Re: Black afgano

Here is a thread.

Welcome to BN!
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread