Code of Conduct
    Hillaire

Smile How does Wish stack up?

I have a question for all of you. And your opinions have been wonderful and informative and right on.

I am purchasing a birthday fragrance for my cousin this week. She is 27, a lovely, sunny blond, ebullient nutrition grad student. And she appreciates finer scents, though her tastes are pretty modern and "girly". She wears Bvlgari Femme (from me), and it suits her, but I wanted to get her something yummier, more romantic.

I was torn originally between Miss Dior Cherie and Love in Paris, but now have thrown Wish into the mix, due to reviews, which I have actually never smelled.

Is Wish in the Miss Dior Cherie/ Love in Paris quality category? Is it as subtle as these? I fear it might remind me of Angel, which would be far too cloying for my cousin.
    The bottle is really really lovely, and it would be nice to imagine it smelled as nice as it looks!

Thank you for any info!

Default Re: How does Wish stack up?

the Guide gives Wish (Chopard) 3 stars and calls it "cherry Baileys"

the give Miss Dior Cherie Miss 4 stars and call it "patchouli strawberry"; Love in Paris is rated 4 stars and is labeled "peachy floral"

(I downloaded a handy spreadsheet someone posted a link to. I don't always agree with their ratings but at least you know you're getting a stamp of approval with the higher rated stuff, and you know they are well executed scents)

Sorry, I've not tried Wish personally, but it looks like you are in a "quality territory" with all three... so depends on personal taste.

I haven't tried Wish either. However, I do have YSL's Cinema and strongly recommend it for what you seem to be seeking. It's not an "in your face" frag like Angel, though.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I haven't tried Wish either. However, I do have YSL's Cinema and strongly recommend it for what you seem to be seeking. It's not an "in your face" frag like Angel, though.
    That's actually a really good idea, I love that one, and I had forgotten it. And it certainly has that pretty-on-the-dresser quality I am looking for.

I don't know if this helps you, but Cinéma seems to be making an appearance at TJ Maxx stores lately. (What was really strange was that I saw Cinéma there today, and then I saw an identical bottle labeled "Pink Chocolate" at a mall perfume kiosk.)

I had Wish a while ago. And I wish I were better at describing perfumes.
    Wish is modern and good quality. But it is also fruity and powdery and strong and on me it used to get a little sour sometimes. It is not as cloying as Angel. Maybe closer to Lalique's Nilang. All in all, I don't think it's a perfume EVERYONE would love and it is more suitable for the cold months. I didn't love it but I also abhor Miss Dior Cherie so it probably does not mean much.