Code of Conduct

Default Light Floral Ephemeral and Fleeting

As the weather turns warmer I crave fragrances like white flowers and citrus. Some examples would be Un Matin d'Orage, La Chasse aux Papillons, and Agrumi Amari di Sicilia.

All share the delicacy of a waif-like dancer on her toes or a dragon fly flitting from leaf to leaf. All also disappear within moments on my skin.

Clearly, they don't only smell delicate, they are. It seems to be an inherent quality of the ingredients used to make this type of fragrance. That said, I am hoping that maybe there are perfumers who have had some success with combinations that extend the olfactory life of this type of scent.

You guys know perfumes. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Light Floral Ephemeral and Fleeting

Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Inderdite is a bright and light floral, citrus, tea, leather fragrance that lasts all day. It reminds me of a longer-lived Bulgarie Eau Parfumee au The Vert. I don't like it in cool weather--warm weather brings it alive.

Profumo's new Morning Blossom is a gorgeous bergamot and neroli scent that also lasts all day on me. It is another one that blooms in warm weather.

I'm not a real leather wearer, but the Profumo sounds amazing. Thank you.

I love Bois de Paradis, Parfum d'Empire, and find that it does last on the skin.

Also, do consider Divine L'Infante, a light and lovely floral that lasts and lasts on me.

debbborra, the leather is somewhat incidental--I would not say OI is a leather fragrance, but rather that there is a leathery quality which seems to be associated with the tea accord. I actually get a leather note from Bulgari green tea also, FWIW.

Try some of the Hermes frags, like the Hermessence line and the Un Jardin trio. They are ephemeral, some are floral, and while they haven't been noted for exceptional longevity - some of them might work out well for you.