Code of Conduct

Default I just picked up a big old bottle of Jovan Musk

I was at Target tonight and had a wild hair and picked up a bottle of the orange colored juice in the thin oval shaped bottle. Yup, Jovan Musk. It's been 30 years since I've worn the old fella ... but it always holds a close place in my heart as it was my first cologne back in the late 70's when I was just a kid. I swear it has not changed one bit and I still feel it holds up well today, longevity included. It is clean and fresh and just pops with the warmer temps. I'm absolutely delighted to be reunited with an old friend ... call it a sweet emotional connection.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Default Re: I just picked up a big old bottle of Jovan Musk

I have a big 8 oz. bottle of the "Aftershave/Cologne" and I don't seem to wear it enough. Someone mentioned on here that it reminded him of Tabac EDC and I have to agree.

My favorite of the Jovan line for men has to be White Musk though. Very classy!

The drydown of Jovan Musk reminds me slightly of Prada Infusion D'Homme. I swear.
    Peace ~ Markymark

There's an executive at works who's in his late 50s but extremely hip and fashionable. He has reading glasses in about 6 different colors to match whatver color shirt he's wearing. He just bought a new Mini Cooper Turbo convertible and is always tan and a smooth ol' pimp in general. . . and he always smells so classy and suave.

Finally I asked him what he wears. He paused. . laughed a little. . and then said "I wear what i've alwyas worn. Either English Leather or Jovan Musk.It's all you need"

I ♥ the women version, in oil form. To me it's a muskier N5, really beautiful.

When I was barely a teenager, one of my friends owned a big bottle of Jovan Musk Oil. Somehow I think it was the masculine version. We used to wear it after school, for hanging out with our friends,
    Good memories!
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    There's an executive at works who's in his late 50s but extremely hip and fashionable. He has reading glasses in about 6 different colors to match whatver color shirt he's wearing. He just bought a new Mini Cooper Turbo convertible and is always tan and a smooth ol' pimp in general. . . and he always smells so classy and suave.

Finally I asked him what he wears. He paused. . laughed a little. . and then said "I wear what i've alwyas worn. Either English Leather or Jovan Musk.It's all you need"
    Ya gotta love that story, thanks for sharing ... I knew a classy gent who soley wore English Leather and it rocked on him.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Blog Entries

I, too, love Jovan Musk. I have a 2oz splash bottle & I wear it maybe a couple times a year. I should wear it more often. To me, it smells like a cheaper Kiehl's Musk...& that's not a bad thing!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Morning Star

I sometimes wear Jovan Musk before going to bed. It's good stuff.

I still like it very much but I can't tell you if it's because of the scent profile or because of the associated memories. :-)
    I do think it has changed a bit over the years but I may be wrong. As with so many other things I wore years ago, it seems weaker and has less depth than I remember. I still have to keep a bottle close by.

IT WILL GET YOU LAID!!! IT WILL!!!!

- Ali