Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant - Pachyderrm pour Homme?

I know this is intended for women but I was curious if any male BN'rs wear it. I accidentally ordered a sample while looking for the men's frag and I am loving every second of this jungle monstrosity.

It's best described as a thundering herd's stomp of clove and cinnamon through puddles of vanilla that has gathered in wet, dark soil amid black licorice breezes.

Frag-wise this reminds me FM's Epices Noir, the opening of Musc Ravageur and Jaipur pour Homme, blended into a smooth vanilla cream. . .with a splash of Lolita Lempicka for the black licorice (anise) accent.

I hadn't even reached my desk at the office today when two ladies (none whom i know) asked me what i was wearing. One of them admitted she'd followed me from the hallway into the cafeteria. She asked me to email her the name and designer.

This is probably not as naturally smooth as the Malles or Jaipur. Like real elephants, it is somewhat wild, but is "domesticated" like a pet elephant. . .just don't underestimate it, son. It could break free like Peanut the Elephant did in Florida many years ago and trample your ass into nonexistence.

Embrace the funk of the trunk. Respect the musk of the tusk.

Default Re: Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant - Pachyderrm pour Homme?

I also recently became a convert to the Elephant.
    It is one of the best scents I have worn over the last couple of months.
    I find the chai tea heart of it to be amazing on me.
    Definitely wearable by anyone I think L'Elephant is a solidly unisex scent.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I ADORE this scent, Uppercut.

I think it is extremely masculine, and spicy. Its been on my "to buy" list for ages, but Im still looking for a good deal online.

We have just broken the frag-compliment speed records, ladies and gentlemen.

I just got two more compliements and inquiries (unsolicited) from two more female employees. That's four since I strolled into work and an average of one/hour.

The wild spicy animal is running rampant at the office. Run for your lives!!!
    Last edited by Uppercut; 14th April 2009 at 06:04 PM.

This is a great unisex scent and many of the target group this scent was created for (women) find it a little too heavy for themselves and more suited for men.

Well i've gotta say this was one of the best frag experiences I've ever had - and i mean that in both from the perspective of enjoying the genesis of the frag as well as enjoying the compliments and the heads turning as my vapor trails did their thing.

But its also the first time i've had a headache (slight) from wearing a frag. I couldn't do this every day, but there will be times of conquest and great circumstance, where i will ride into the day atop my Elephant, like Hannibal onto the battlefield so many centuries ago.

btw - this frag lasted on my skin (3 sprays total) from 8 AM to 8 PM, with even the cinnamon still "burning and sparkling" until 6pm. Wow.

Further to my previous post, I find the opening blast a tad reminiscent of Ford's Black Orchid... perhaps the chewy rich thick vanilla-truffle note... then those prickly spices take over.
    An excellent scent all round.

I wonder why Jungle L'Tiger is so much harder to get than L'elephant here in Singapore. And is there a difference in formulation between the new and old packing of the elephant? After reading all the rave reviews above, I think I need to try it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Further to my previous post, I find the opening blast a tad reminiscent of Ford's Black Orchid... perhaps the chewy rich thick vanilla-truffle note... then those prickly spices take over.
    An excellent scent all round.
    Wow. That's exactly what i was thinking when i sampled Black Orchid last night for the first time. Let's just say that yesterday was sensory heaven for my nose.

After sniffing M7, Straight to HEaven, Habit Rouge and Black Orchid last night and having worn Elephant all day, i took it easy with Castile this morning to let my soul recover.

Quote Originally Posted by xmen View Post
    I wonder why Jungle L'Tiger is so much harder to get than L'elephant here in Singapore. And is there a difference in formulation between the new and old packing of the elephant? After reading all the rave reviews above, I think I need to try it for myself.
    I read on a blog somwehere that the L'Tiger was discontinued. I dunno if that's accurate or not.

Interesting. . and slighlty disturbing update on my l"elephant experience from yesterday. . .

After work, I washed my entire arms with soap TWICE in order to apply numerous samples after i got home. These weren't weak samples - M7, Straight to Heaven, Guerlain Vetiver, Habit Rouge. Before i went to bed I washed my arms with soap to remove the frags.

Adn this morning i showered and applied a full wearing of the sublime Castile by Penhaligon. . .and yet, if i whiff my wrist today, the only scent besides Castile that remains despite two arm washes and a shower this morning is L'Elephant. You cannot tame this savage beast!

Indeed, the Elephant never forgets.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 15th April 2009 at 10:46 PM.

after reading this thread i have to try it!

I sampled this today on my way home, and I am mixed

at first I was unsure then I really liked it..then halfway it got amber and vanilla...then it got very floral about 2 hours later...now much later during the drydown it all is very complex

truth is I am not sure what to make of it...it is definitely unisex, and a journey that is for sure, question is it FBW, I need to resample again

Wow....after a few scrubbing a shower the next morning I still smell this on my hand...it still smells beautiful

This is only after one spray too

The drydown is beautiful of vanilla and amber

I was asking about L'elephant and L'tiger the other day and the SA sort of snickered and joked "I also have L'lion and L'rabbit if you are interested.". She thinks she is so funny. But I forgave her since she is my favorite SA and always gives me great discount.

Smile Re: Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant - Pachyderrm pour Homme?

:wave: Thread Bump Alert

I would really appreciate anymore comments on this fragrance from Kenzo. It has been a few months since the last post and am wondering if anyone has any added opinions. Hope the original poster does not mind.

But please, add in any comments, whether they be good OR bad . Tell me about Babar...er...I mean...L'Elephant please !

Thanks guys, I wait eagarly

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant - Pachyderrm pour Homme?

This is good stuff. I wondered if I was alone in it's use.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    But please, add in any comments, whether they be good OR bad .
    I've got minis of the Jungle series and L'Elephant is the most unique. However, my wife and I can't stand it. I find it like a very sweet and thick milk.

There is something in it that makes me nauseous. If you read the BN reviews, one reviewer said it has a note that is also found in the "Magnificent Secretions" frag, and I certainly have no problem believing it. I swapped mine off.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 6th December 2009 at 02:49 AM.

I like it. I prefer the Jungle pour Homme, though.

Question Re: Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant - Pachyderrm pour Homme?

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    This is good stuff. I wondered if I was alone in it's use.
    Thanks, but what do you like about L'Elephant ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    There is something in it that makes me nauseous. If you read the BN reviews, one reviewer said it has a note that is also found in the "Magnificent Secretions" frag, and I certainly have no problem believing it. I swapped mine off.
    Wowzers !!

Quote Originally Posted by Djamison66 View Post
    I like it. I prefer the Jungle pour Homme, though.
    Djamison, are you comfortable in wearing L'Elephant despite it being a "feminine" ? What do you like about the fragrance ?