Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo experience

I had a wonderful time at Le Labo in LA today. The women at the store was sooooooo attractive I wanted to stay the whole day and linger. She was unbelievably cute. Not hot not gorgeous but exceptionally cute and anatomically perfect. Now that I'm done objectifying women let me objectify fragrance.

Overall I'm delighted by this brand. They could work on their design and packaging (morgues are more stylish and colorful than this store).

Musc (the LA scent) - was better than anything in LA (except the girl working at Le Labo). Clean slightly flowery scent with a smooth drydown. It had more of a cotton soapy smell than the more pungent animalic scent many musks have. For me this is a plus.

Rose - I hate floral scents. I hate roses. I hate flowers. I hate flower children and floral arrangements. I like sex and violence. I LOVE Le Labo Rose. NO ROSE SCENT HAS EVER BEEN DONE THIS WELL FOR ME! Earthy with a bit of hard Oud shining through. It starts off a little rough but so does exciting sex. Then it smooths into a delicate softness with spices and a hint of rose. A sharp cumin note fades fast and the whole scent gently falls to the ground like silk panties coming off bare legs. I found this fragrance overtly sensual but quiet so I had to make sexual references all the way through. The next woman I date is getting a giant bottle of this since I find it to be the most alluring smell I've come across in a while.

Patchouli - my favorite of the bunch. I think this is the best Patchouli scent out there on the market even though the Patchouli is barely noticeable. I think the review on Now Smell this was written by a crack addict. They say its a BVL Black Extreme. WHAT???? BVL, I like, but its harsh with a caustic rubbry note and a strong vanilla presence. Patchouli by Le Labo is a smooth soft whisper of vanilla lost in a forest of birch wood.

Oud - dirty and gross like any Oud fragrance starts until 3 hours passed. Soft with only a ghost of animal testicles present, enough to make it virile but tolerable. I like. The drydown is very even which is different than most Ouds. I think this would be a great Oud for newbies to Oud since it breaks from traditional Ouds and offers a more "commercialized" Oud that's western.

I'm a big big big fan of Le Labo after today.

Cheers,
    Al

Default Re: Le Labo experience

I had a recent Le Labo experience. I made a blind purchase of a 15ml bottle of Oud 27 from the Le Labo website. When it arrived I was shocked when I opened the package to find out the bottom of the bottle broke off and there was no perfume. I e-mailed Le Labo and they responded promptly saying they were sorry and a replacement would go in the mail immediately. Classy company. Makes me want to do more business with them.

What about the 10 ml silicone balms? Anybody tried them? Are more subtil than the fragances? Are oily? Im curious...

I ordered Rose 31 from the perfume court, among several other fragrances. The Le Labo sample vile had "Le Labo Oud" written on it. I didn't know if it was mislabeled with the right juice in it or vice versa, so I contacted them and they said they would resend Rose 31, properly labeled and properly juiced ofcourse. So I'm excited about that. Whatever's in the vile is ok though. I found myself paying considerably more attention to the Bel Ami sample that I also bought though...

Anak, exactly my feelings. This is an amazing line. I don't want to hear any more of that "what's in the name is not in the juice" stuff. It is just a new way to associate the note in the name. What I find particularly intriguing is Patchouli. I love patchouli but the Le Labo version is a breakthrough IMHO. They have found a way to make it light and playfull and peppery. To my nose this is not vanilla that you smell. It is vanilline. The cheap white powder used as a substitute of the real black sticky vanilla pod. And although it is a cheap chemical substitute to the real thing, it is an amazing way to have the softness of vanilla, minus the sweetness, plus a fierce peppery note. Crack a vial of vanilline open, take a wiff (careful because it is very peppery) and see what I mean. How on earth has nobody thaught of using this before?

Le Labo has many good scents. I need to explore this line more.

I own Rose 31 and I've tried Vetiver 46, Bergamote 22, and Aldehyde 44. All are exceptional scents.

I want to try Vanille 44, Patchouli 24, and Oud 27.

Where in LA are they located
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Where in LA are they located
    3rd & Orlando, right near the late, lamented Cook's Library

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    What about the 10 ml silicone balms? Anybody tried them? Are more subtil than the fragances? Are oily? Im curious...
    They aren't oily at all. They are slightly more subtle than the sprays and don't project as much. I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00 View Post
    3rd & Orlando, right near the late, lamented Cook's Library
    The Cooks Library is out of business?!

I still haven't been to the La Lebo store yet. I've been to every other fragrance store in LA, though.

Could be on schedule for this weekend.
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 5th May 2009 at 06:40 PM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye