Code of Conduct

Default Got Two More from TPC - Mr Hulot's Holiday

and a decent sized sample of Nasomatto Silver Musk, which I had already tested over the weekend.

CB I Hate Perfume - Mr Hulot's Holiday

The moment I put it on my skin I could vividly recall a vacation to the gulf side of Florida I took years ago. Interesting juice. Deep blue water and sky imagery. All of the CB scents I've tried have evoked memories and visual images. The Russian Tea Caravan I tested a while ago sent me right back to summers and glass after glass of Nestea Lemon Sweetened Iced Tea mix.

Nasomatto Silver Musk

Mentioned in another thread, this Silver is good, good stuff. Two ladies at work also loved it when they smelled the back of my hand. One of them couldn't stop sniffing. BTW, it smells quite different when it's sprayed rather than dabbed. Me likee. Definitely a unisex scent, BTW. Good thing it's so $$$, otherwise it might become the new ADG.
    Last edited by adonis; 16th April 2009 at 12:30 AM.

Default Re: Got Two More from TPC - Mr Hulot's Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    and a decent sized sample of Nasomatto Silver Musk, which I had already tested over the weekend.

CB I Hate Perfume - Mr Hulot's Holiday

The moment I put it on my skin I could vividly recall a vacation to the gulf side of Florida I took years ago. Interesting juice. Deep blue water and sky imagery. All of the CB scents I've tried have evoked memories and visual images. The Russian Tea Caravan I tested a while ago sent me right back to summers and glass after glass of Nestea Lemon Sweetened Iced Tea mix.
    How is the longevity of Mr. Hulot's Holiday? I love the movie and if the fragrance is anything reminiscent of it and has decent longevity/development, I may have to get it.

Hilarious movie. I received the juice in perfume absolute form, so it is the concentrate which I dabbed on the back of my hand. I could smell it for at least 4 hours. Didn't change much. No sillage.

It's an interesting scent but I wonder if I'd actually wear it very often. Try the $12 bottle first.

Layer it with Virgin Island Water and one can have their own staycation
    Last edited by adonis; 16th April 2009 at 09:13 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    How is the longevity of Mr. Hulot's Holiday? I love the movie and if the fragrance is anything reminiscent of it and has decent longevity/development, I may have to get it.
    I tried the water perfume and it's extremely short - but worth it, if you can douse yourself in it.

I, like adonis, found the scent extremely evocative of childhood vists to the beach. Inevitably, every time I'd go to the beach, we'd drag a ton of sand into the car with us from our feet, sandals, etc. The car would become filled with the smell of sand in the carpet and that smell is captured in MHH. Magical.