2.) Ambre Sultan 187 wears (#28)
    3.) Musc Kublai Khan 135 wears (#51)
    4.) Fumerie Turque 121 wears (#60)
    5.) Encens et Lavande 92 wears (#97)
    6.) Borneo 1834 90 wears (#103)
    7.) Gris Clair 81 wears (#127)
    8.) Daim Blond 76 wears (#132)
    9.) Datura Noir 74 wears (#142)
    10.) 5 O’Clock au Gingembre 73 wears (#146)
    10.) Iris Silver Mist 73 wears (#146)

With Serge Lutens as the number three House we enter one of two Houses very influenced by the addition of the women in week 10. In the first nine weeks Serge Lutens averaged 28.78 wears/week. In the last 43 weeks it averaged 46.55 wears/week. The women made up 39% of the wears of this House making it as unisex a House as there is in the top 10. Seven of the top 10 Serge Lutens scents had significant female wears. Only Ambre Sultan, Fumerie Turque and Musc Kublai Khan had less that 15% female wears.
    From week 20 onward Serge Lutens only dipped below 40 wears for five of the last 33 weeks. This showed that it was a consistent performer and it seems to have scents that perform in all weather conditions. It is also a widely sampled House by Basenoters. Of the Big 5 Houses it is also the hardest to get a hold of , three of the top 10 scents are exclusive to the Salon in Paris and until the latter half of the year so was Borneo 1834. Another interesting aspect of this House is all of the scents are widely worn with only 9 of the 46 scents being worn less than 10 times and only two worn a single time. Serge Lutens also seems to be a widely respected line amongst Basenoters and its scents rarely get too much criticism. Two new scents did well with 5 O’Clock au Gingembre at #146, with 73 wears, and Serge Noire, with 64 wears, at #180.
    That’s the story for Serge Lutens.
    Back tomorrow with Chanel.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotY: Serge Lutens

SMM

I see that there is a big spike around week 25. Would this be right in the middle of summer? August, September?
    I am surprised because I don't see most SL perfumes as very wearable during summer. Interesting.
    Evenstar

I absolutely love Feminite du Bois, but really struggle with most of the other SL scents. They just don't reach the heights that FdB does for me.

I'm just impressed you kept track! I can't remember what I did yesterday half the time, and in two days I can't tell you what I've had on

Blog Entries

arwen~ I found the SotW thread with the Serge Lutens spike. SMM mentions that there was no organized wear; it appears to be coincidence. I agree with you that Serge Lutens' scents are not what I typically reach for in the heat of August. Odd.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Maybe one of those weeks where someone starts a thread asking something related to Lutens, upon which everyone goes: "Hey, that's a swell idea!"?
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

It's funny, but I used to think 'meh' about Lutens' scents, until I tried Borneo 1834 and now I have done a 180 and feel a need to try them all. I don't need to own many of them, but I think the house has produced some truly innovative and beautiful scents and that alone makes me want to explore their creations.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Maybe one of those weeks where someone starts a thread asking something related to Lutens, upon which everyone goes: "Hey, that's a swell idea!"?
    I usually looked for that because I wanted an explanation for why I observed big jumps. If I didn't mention it in my SotW write up that week it means it wasn't a prominent thread if it existed.
    That was one of the hypotheses put forward early on was that I was going to see a lot of lemming-like behavior and that really never came to pass.
    There were weeks there was a raging debate of over two pages of talk on a particular scent and you wouldn't see it budge off its average.
    Based on my observations this community is very un-lemming-like.

Well, I think that our Tigrushka is responsible for just about all the Encens et Lavande wears. It is interesting, really, to look down a list and associate. Many of us may take credit for Chergui, but for others, all it takes is a couple of passionate appreciaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Well, I think that our Tigrushka is responsible for just about all the Encens et Lavande wears. It is interesting, really, to look down a list and associate. Many of us may take credit for Chergui, but for others, all it takes is a couple of passionate appreciaters.
    Riannon is also a big Encens et Lavande admirer too.
    You all may not have signature scents but after a year of watching you I do associate certain scents with most of my "regulars"
    I will comment on that in my last SotY post in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I usually looked for that because I wanted an explanation for why I observed big jumps. If I didn't mention it in my SotW write up that week it means it wasn't a prominent thread if it existed.
    That was one of the hypotheses put forward early on was that I was going to see a lot of lemming-like behavior and that really never came to pass.
    There were weeks there was a raging debate of over two pages of talk on a particular scent and you wouldn't see it budge off its average.
    I should have known you'd have checked that... :brolly:
    Carry on, carry on.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Banned

SMM - what were the two fragrances that were only worn a single time each??

Quote Originally Posted by aezikely View Post
    SMM - what were the two fragrances that were only worn a single time each??
    Bois et Musc in week 23 and Nuit de Cellophane in week 49.
    The latter was definitely worn a few times after I stopped counting so it is sort of a cheat.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 23rd April 2009 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Well, I think that our Tigrushka is responsible for just about all the Encens et Lavande wears.
    LOL! I wore it 15 times last year and have already worn it 11 times this year... (+ 13 times in 2007, 11 in 2006, 7 in 2005 and 9 in 2004)
    Last edited by tigrushka; 23rd April 2009 at 06:07 AM.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I don't know why, but your observation warms my heart, and confirms what I thought, as well.
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]