Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro PH and Rive Gauche PH..doubt...

well...if i have Azzaro PH.. do you believe that i need Rive Gauche in my wardrobe? or is more versatile RGPH? i make this comparative because i feel that these EDT's sharing some similarities or.. what do you think??

Default Re: Azzaro PH and Rive Gauche PH..doubt...

I don't find them similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneysuckle View Post
    I don't find them similar.
    Neither do I.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I think that BOTH of them are appropriate choices!

My brother and some reviews compare Azzaro and Rive Gauche. In my view, they are very differents.

Both are great and so different.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the concept is the same....masculine, elegant, classy.....They have the same style, but the scent is different...Are the same concept, thats a good definition.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

I find that Azzaro PH ****is particularly nice in the summer, I never really warmed up to Rive Gauche PH though and would give it a maximum of 4 stars. It warrants an interesting change in the winter season, when I use it on work- or holidays. Both I thought are aromatic fougères, but Osmoz calls RGPH aromatic rustic. It misses the special optimism that Azzaro spreads. They are certainly both excellent!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

My Rive Gauche sample turned out to be the women's version. I was thinking about blind buying it online - do you think its a viable spring/summer scent or should i just wait till fall?

They smell slightly similar at first blast, but it's all in the texture. Azzaro pH is more musky and confident, while Rive Gauche is more confident in its creamy smell. The elevator pitch is that Azzaro is rugged while Rive Gauche is cool, calm, and collected.

Definitely both really manly scents and I wear both often. I recommend owning both.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    My Rive Gauche sample turned out to be the women's version. I was thinking about blind buying it online - do you think its a viable spring/summer scent or should i just wait till fall?
    I do not like to wear it in hot weather but I am in the minority. Most seem to wear it year round.

I have seen the RGPH online for $16.95 so it is relatively inexpensive mistake if you don't like it.

There are architectural similarities between the two, but in practice, I find very little to connect them, other than a few notes in the opening. Given the disparities, owning one should not preclude you from having both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    I do not like to wear it in hot weather but I am in the minority. Most seem to wear it year round.

I have seen the RGPH online for $16.95 so it is relatively inexpensive mistake if you don't like it.
    Maxpower - would you happen to remember where you saw it that cheap? I'm thinking about trying it again...

Thanks!

Matthew

You can get something that cheap or even cheaper on eBay. Genuine 4.2oz Rive Gauche PH.

They are very very different. AZPH feels much more dated. RGPH is a wonderful casual scent.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 18th April 2009 at 01:40 AM.

Sur la Plage

I find them to be different. I also think RGPH is more versatile.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I find them to be different. I also think RGPH is more versatile.
    today,i made other test and you're(and others) right...i'm going put on my wishlist