Code of Conduct

Default Crabtree & Evelyn

I've been meaning to sample the fragrances from Crabtree & Evelyn before picking out a new summer scent (at the moment, I'm leaning toward Guerlain's Herba Fresca, which is my SotD, from a sample), and I just noticed that they're having a 20% off sale, store-wide, online and in store, so now seems like a good time to check them out. West Indian Lime sounds like something I might like for warm weather. Has anyone tried this one? Anyone have an experienced opinion about any of their other scents (Uncharted, Nomad, Sandalwood, Sienna)?
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crabtree & Evelyn

I am not overly thrilled with any of their fragrances. But I have seen some Lorenzo Villoresi fragrances sold in their stores.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by curtis.w View Post
    I've been meaning to sample the fragrances from Crabtree & Evelyn before picking out a new summer scent (at the moment, I'm leaning toward Guerlain's Herba Fresca, which is my SotD, from a sample), and I just noticed that they're having a 20% off sale, store-wide, online and in store, so now seems like a good time to check them out. West Indian Lime sounds like something I might like for warm weather. Has anyone tried this one? Anyone have an experienced opinion about any of their other scents (Uncharted, Nomad, Sandalwood, Sienna)?
    West Indian Lime is not just a fresh lime scent. It is quite spicy and mature with good longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried the West Indian Lime, but I own Sandalwood and Sienna.

C&E Sandalwood is a very light and refreshing sandalwood, and short lived. Has a kind of medicinal, smokiness to it that I like. I almost only wear it in warm weather.

Sienna is one of my favorites, a real top quality fragrance. I smell a lot of galbanum right at the opening along with fresh spices, and as it dries down, it gets sweeter and woodsier with I think a little musk too. I say itís a cross between the original Nino Cerruti Pour Homme and Obsession. Very classic and very versatile. I really like it and wear it tons, but itís more of a cool weather scent to me.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am not overly thrilled with any of their fragrances. But I have seen some Lorenzo Villoresi fragrances sold in their stores.
    Are you thinking of Caswell Massey? Or do C&E also have Villoresi?
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

I found Sienna to be very similar to a "cheapo," Mustang by Dorall. I find it to be a bit unbalanced for me, but it's a nice smell (when you sniff the sprayer). I don't know if I can wear it for hours. I've tried a couple of times and had to wash it off after an hour or two.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    Are you thinking of Caswell Massey? Or do C&E also have Villoresi?
    Oops, my bad - I guess I should read things closer. Yes, I was thinking of Caswell Massey.

I do like Sienna from Crabtree & Evelyn.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Just tried the Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes yesterday and loved it. Did a spray on the back of my hand as a tester. Thought the usual, citrussy limey ,won't last.......boy was I wrong! Stayed with me all day, a good 7-8 hours and I kept sniffing which is usually a sign that its a 'next purchase'! Unfortunately I tested in Belfast whilst visiting the folks for Easter and am now back in Cork 300 miles away with no C&E shop or stockists. They also had a 20% deal if I remember correctly, but don't quote me! I really liked it, it is really fresh and smells natural.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried them all and WIL is the only one I liked. I had thought I would like Sienna and Sandalwood, but there was something in each that I didn't like. But WIL is an excellent lime-woody scent.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 17th April 2009 at 09:06 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

My wife brought me Sienna from a trip to England and Scotland. She bought it as an alternative to Hermes' Equipage, knowing it is both expensive as well as difficult to find. At first I did not like it, but after wearing it a couple of times I ended up liking it - still, it is not a favorite.

Top notes are spicy, mid notes as well as base notes are woody / amberine. It is a classy scent, with average longevity and limited sillage. I would describe it as a spicy/woody gentlemanly (subtle and not attention-demanding) scent that may be used - depending on you being more or less demanding - in replacement of more expensive and limited distributed alternatives.

Thus, for the price and the discount offered, it might be a good deal. However, try before you buy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Shampoo&Shower Gel of Sandalwood. I like it very much, as you can "blend" it with a lot of different fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

I love and own both Sienna and Sandalwood and their longevity, as well as their fragrance notes are pleasing me.

Thanks for the suggestions! Hopefully I'll be able to give them a try today. If so, I'll have to give a little report on my C&E experience.
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA