Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Greetings:

    I am very interested in VC&A PH and Tsar. However, I would ideally like to acquire samples of both fragrances before I make a full bottle purchase. I have e-mailed Inter Parfurms with no response. What I am hoping is that another Basenoter knows a reliable stockist, hopefully in the USA, where one can acquire samples and then perhaps purchase 100 ML bottles of these two classics.

    This is especially important to me, given acceptfact's recent thread on FragranceNet. I would not be surprised at all if most of these online e-tailers are trying to unload old VC&A stock produced some time ago when that lousy cosmetics house was in the process of destroying this historic line.

    So, therefore, I would greatly appreciate any direction toward an authentic Inter Parfums VC&A reliable stockist which does not charge an exorbitant amount of money for these fragrances.

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    TJ

  2. #2
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    You can try The Scented Monkey (www.scentmonkey.com).

    They have samples for $2.99 (which includes the shipping). They also have full bottles to purchase.

    Happy shopping!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  3. #3

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Thanks petruccijc!

    If someone with your knowledge trusts them, then I think I will give then a go.

  4. #4
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    Thanks petruccijc!

    If someone with your knowledge trusts them, then I think I will give then a go.
    I personally have not had a problem with them - or FragranceNet either. You may want to check the City Shopping Guide threads - there are posts about good/bad experiences with different retailers there.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  5. #5

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    Greetings:

    I am very interested in VC&A PH and Tsar. However, I would ideally like to acquire samples of both fragrances before I make a full bottle purchase. I have e-mailed Inter Parfurms with no response. What I am hoping is that another Basenoter knows a reliable stockist, hopefully in the USA, where one can acquire samples and then perhaps purchase 100 ML bottles of these two classics.

    This is especially important to me, given acceptfact's recent thread on FragranceNet. I would not be surprised at all if most of these online e-tailers are trying to unload old VC&A stock produced some time ago when that lousy cosmetics house was in the process of destroying this historic line.

    So, therefore, I would greatly appreciate any direction toward an authentic Inter Parfums VC&A reliable stockist which does not charge an exorbitant amount of money for these fragrances.

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    TJ
    Tsar is a regular fixture in Marshalls / TJX where I live. I believe the cost is around $16 for a 50ml bottle.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Hello Again!

    I did indeed acquire some VC&A samples from Scented Monkey. Right now, I am currently wearing VC&A PH on my right arm and I am enjoying it immensely. It truly is a very classic masculine fragrance.

    However, I revisited the Inter-Parfums website, and the Inter-Parfums version of this classic masculine fragrance does NOT have Eau de Toilette on the bottom of the bottle as the stock picture Scented Monkey is currently displaying on their website. This is exactly what I thought would happen. Internet stockists are selling the old 90's stock and NOT the Inter-Parfums versions.

    So, I will repeat my request. Does anybody know how one acquires the Inter-Parfums version of the VC&A classics? I am asking this question because Inter-Parfums does not answer e-mails.

    Thanks in advance for your help as it will be greatly appreciated.

    Best,

    TJ

  7. #7

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    TJ -

    Have you checked Ebay - this seller I bought mine from:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/TSAR-Van-Cleef-A...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Last edited by scentimus; 27th April 2009 at 10:16 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Thanks scentimus!

    That bottle looks like the Inter-Parfums real deal. What an incredible bargain on such a classic fragrance!

    Best,

    TJ

  9. #9

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Hi TigerJuice. I am curious what acceptfact's thread on FragranceNet was about, but could not find the post. Can you point me to that thread? Thanks so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    Greetings:

    I am very interested in VC&A PH and Tsar. However, I would ideally like to acquire samples of both fragrances before I make a full bottle purchase. I have e-mailed Inter Parfurms with no response. What I am hoping is that another Basenoter knows a reliable stockist, hopefully in the USA, where one can acquire samples and then perhaps purchase 100 ML bottles of these two classics.

    This is especially important to me, given acceptfact's recent thread on FragranceNet. I would not be surprised at all if most of these online e-tailers are trying to unload old VC&A stock produced some time ago when that lousy cosmetics house was in the process of destroying this historic line.

    So, therefore, I would greatly appreciate any direction toward an authentic Inter Parfums VC&A reliable stockist which does not charge an exorbitant amount of money for these fragrances.

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    TJ

  10. #10

    Smile Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Quote Originally Posted by jakenfin View Post
    Hi TigerJuice. I am curious what acceptfact's thread on FragranceNet was about, but could not find the post. Can you point me to that thread? Thanks so much!


    Sorry, I cannot locate the post either. The thrust of acceptfact's post, which became a very long thread at that time, was that he had a bad experience with FragranceNet. Other members indicated that they had bad experiences with them as well, while others, including myself, have never had any issues with FragranceNet.

    As a matter of fact, I recently returned an undesirable fragrance to FragranceNet and they kindly refunded my purchase price in full less the cost of return shipping. I plan to continue to do business with them as they have not let me down yet.

    TJ

  11. #11

    Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

    Thanks for the info anyway!

Similar Threads

  1. Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme
    By Serpent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 21st March 2012, 06:40 PM
  2. Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums - A restructure to its former glory
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2nd January 2012, 01:34 PM
  3. The new Pour Homme Van Cleef & Arpels and Tsar or is it?
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th August 2008, 02:40 PM
  4. Van Cleef & Arpels pour homme CONCENTRATED COLOGNE
    By gupts in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th September 2007, 11:24 PM
  5. Inter Parfums to drop Celine
    By breeze11 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st March 2006, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •