Code of Conduct

Default Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

Greetings:

I am very interested in VC&A PH and Tsar. However, I would ideally like to acquire samples of both fragrances before I make a full bottle purchase. I have e-mailed Inter Parfurms with no response. What I am hoping is that another Basenoter knows a reliable stockist, hopefully in the USA, where one can acquire samples and then perhaps purchase 100 ML bottles of these two classics.

This is especially important to me, given acceptfact's recent thread on FragranceNet. I would not be surprised at all if most of these online e-tailers are trying to unload old VC&A stock produced some time ago when that lousy cosmetics house was in the process of destroying this historic line.

So, therefore, I would greatly appreciate any direction toward an authentic Inter Parfums VC&A reliable stockist which does not charge an exorbitant amount of money for these fragrances.

Thanks in advance for any help,

TJ

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

You can try The Scented Monkey (www.scentmonkey.com).

They have samples for $2.99 (which includes the shipping). They also have full bottles to purchase.

Happy shopping!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks petruccijc!

If someone with your knowledge trusts them, then I think I will give then a go.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    Thanks petruccijc!

If someone with your knowledge trusts them, then I think I will give then a go.
    I personally have not had a problem with them - or FragranceNet either. You may want to check the City Shopping Guide threads - there are posts about good/bad experiences with different retailers there.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Greetings:

I am very interested in VC&A PH and Tsar. However, I would ideally like to acquire samples of both fragrances before I make a full bottle purchase. I have e-mailed Inter Parfurms with no response. What I am hoping is that another Basenoter knows a reliable stockist, hopefully in the USA, where one can acquire samples and then perhaps purchase 100 ML bottles of these two classics.

This is especially important to me, given acceptfact's recent thread on FragranceNet. I would not be surprised at all if most of these online e-tailers are trying to unload old VC&A stock produced some time ago when that lousy cosmetics house was in the process of destroying this historic line.

So, therefore, I would greatly appreciate any direction toward an authentic Inter Parfums VC&A reliable stockist which does not charge an exorbitant amount of money for these fragrances.

TJ
    Tsar is a regular fixture in Marshalls / TJX where I live. I believe the cost is around $16 for a 50ml bottle.

Hello Again!

I did indeed acquire some VC&A samples from Scented Monkey. Right now, I am currently wearing VC&A PH on my right arm and I am enjoying it immensely. It truly is a very classic masculine fragrance.

However, I revisited the Inter-Parfums website, and the Inter-Parfums version of this classic masculine fragrance does NOT have Eau de Toilette on the bottom of the bottle as the stock picture Scented Monkey is currently displaying on their website. This is exactly what I thought would happen. Internet stockists are selling the old 90's stock and NOT the Inter-Parfums versions.

So, I will repeat my request. Does anybody know how one acquires the Inter-Parfums version of the VC&A classics? I am asking this question because Inter-Parfums does not answer e-mails.

Thanks in advance for your help as it will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

TJ

TJ -

Have you checked Ebay - this seller I bought mine from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSAR-Van-Cleef-A...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Last edited by scentimus; 27th April 2009 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks scentimus!

That bottle looks like the Inter-Parfums real deal. What an incredible bargain on such a classic fragrance!

Best,

TJ

Hi TigerJuice. I am curious what acceptfact's thread on FragranceNet was about, but could not find the post. Can you point me to that thread? Thanks so much!

Greetings:

TJ

Smile Re: Help Requested! Inter Parfums Van Cleef & Arpels Parfums

Quote Originally Posted by jakenfin View Post
    Hi TigerJuice. I am curious what acceptfact's thread on FragranceNet was about, but could not find the post. Can you point me to that thread? Thanks so much!

Sorry, I cannot locate the post either. The thrust of acceptfact's post, which became a very long thread at that time, was that he had a bad experience with FragranceNet. Other members indicated that they had bad experiences with them as well, while others, including myself, have never had any issues with FragranceNet.

As a matter of fact, I recently returned an undesirable fragrance to FragranceNet and they kindly refunded my purchase price in full less the cost of return shipping. I plan to continue to do business with them as they have not let me down yet.

TJ

Thanks for the info anyway!