Code of Conduct

Default Children of the 70s and 80s- A Blast From the Past

Default Re: Children of the 70s and 80s- A Blast From the Past

Very cool. The real blast from my past would be Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo.
    There was a time in the late 70's when I would smell it on the hair of almost every girl I went out with in high school.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sur la Plage

If you don't have time to shower, there is always this product:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/b...3?evar3=BROWSE

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

In the 80s & 90s I always had Jhirmack bounce-back beautiful hair . I betcha that commercial is on YouTube somewhere, but the site's blocked here @ work so I can't search for it .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I wish the VCS would stock Yucca Dew shampoo. I wish anyone would stock Yucca Dew! That had a wonderful scent and it always left my fine hair soft, shiny, and full. It was only available for a few years, sometime between 1972 and 1975. Sigh.

When I was going through my exceptionally awkward years my dad brought me Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific to try to make me feel pretty. It did help a little. I'm positive he didn't spend $14.95 on it, but thanks for bringing up that nice memory.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    When I was going through my exceptionally awkward years my dad brought me Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific to try to make me feel pretty. It did help a little. I'm positive he didn't spend $14.95 on it, but thanks for bringing up that nice memory.
    Heh. Yes, I'm guessing it was less than 1/10th the $14.95 price "back in the day".
    Last edited by adonis; 24th April 2009 at 02:52 AM.

AromiErotici

Carlie knew how to do it. It's apparent he never worried about over application.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bqVL0VXrE

hehe, that takes me back

I remember Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific from high school. It was too strongly scented for me so I gave it to my stepmother and she fell in love with it. I also used Clairol Herbal Essence in my younger years. Clairol Herbal Essence had a nice body powder, too, that I wish was still being made. It was beautiful.

Wow, that really was a blast from the past. I was cruising through the site and found something Im sure every girl had in her purse in high school in the 80's....the Kissing Potion roll on lip gloss. I'm pretty sure I had all three flavors.

Love this retro beauty stuff! I used to use the Sweet Earth solid perfumes! Also used to love Mary Quandt lip gloss - I had a frosty-ginger/apricot color that came in a little pot! I liked Lip Quencher too

Let's not forget QT, the original self tanner, it made everyones skin (and palms) orange!
    Raintree moisturizer
    Nature's Blush, it would change color when applied to your skin - supposedly to your perfect shade of blush!
    Wheatgerm & Honey shampoo, I think that's the one with the commercial..."tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on"...

I loved the wheat germ and honey shampoo by faberge and used it until it was discontinued! The smell color and consistency of this stuff just doesn't exist anymore. I also enjoyed the lemon scented products and had a ton of Mary Quant lip gloss and cream eye shadows. The lipstick tubes were predominantly metal back then which was nice.

Sigh

I loved Herbal Essence and the Wheat Germ and Honey shampoos.

And who else loved this neat little terracotta jar of Indian Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    In the 80s & 90s I always had Jhirmack bounce-back beautiful hair . I betcha that commercial is on YouTube somewhere, but the site's blocked here @ work so I can't search for it .
    That's totally what I thought of! I can't find the jingle, though, just a bunch of Victoria Principal stuff.... The 'in' shampoo & conditioner when I was in junior high was Salon Selectives, in the pearlescent bright pink bottles. It smelled like green apples.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 8th July 2009 at 05:49 AM.

How about the original Vidal Sassoon products of the mid seventies. I sure used to love their fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    How about the original Vidal Sassoon products of the mid seventies. I sure used to love their fragrance.
    Me, too. Lovely almond!

Basenotes Institution

Yes ! Wonderful fragrance of Vidal Sassoon ! Also - Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific ! I LOVED that stuff when I was a little girl .I must have used bottles of it. : D
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

And the industrial strength stuff

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/b...1?evar3=BROWSE

A couple of other shampoos that spring to mind: "Body on Tap" the beer enriched shampoo , and Agree Shampoo.' "Go from flat to fluffy with Agree! "

Talking Re: Children of the 70s and 80s- A Blast From the Past

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    I loved the wheat germ and honey shampoo by faberge and used it until it was discontinued! The smell color and consistency of this stuff just doesn't exist anymore. I also enjoyed the lemon scented products and had a ton of Mary Quant lip gloss and cream eye shadows. The lipstick tubes were predominantly metal back then which was nice.

Sigh
    Oooh yes, I loved that shampoo too!
    my emptiness has built your altar
    and i've worshipped myself in you forever

+Live+, TOP, Throwing Copper

LOVED the Vidal Sassoon shampoo, plus, of course, Lemon Up.

Kissing Potion: I lived next to a beach. The sand always got stuck in this gloss. The appeal of clear gloss was and is lost on me.

Original Herbal Essence was quite a good shampoo for colored hair. Mine was frosted and dried out for a while.

COTY SWEET EARTH: Those were fun. And cheap.

Oh boy, I remember all of these things. So much fun to remember them. Those Coty Sweet Earth compacts at Vermont Country Store are very tempting. I want all three. But I have learned the hard way that you can't go back. It's never the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    There was a time in the late 70's when I would smell it on the hair of almost every girl I went out with in high school.
    LOL! Yes, I recall this! And I also wore Babe (Margaux Hemmingway) perfume and Le Jardin, which was promoted by the lovely Jane Seymour.

I got my perfume addiction thanks for my parents: Dad and his colognes/aftershaves and Mum buying me those little Avon plastic animal lockets filled with solid perfume compacts. Little did they know...

Even today, I love the Estee Lauder frgrance compacts!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Le Jardin, which was promoted by the lovely Jane Seymour.
    Ha! Remember the ads, with the really serious-sounding voiceover? "LEJARDIN.........du MAXFACTOR!"

I love the original Herbal Essence shampoo, too. Very similar scent to Spring Green Vitabath...I used to like to use them both and have a greeny-greeny shower of freshness!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

How about "Rula Lenska" peddling hair spray?

As a kid, I always dreamed my voice would someday be as deep as hers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-SJoIpTPk8
    Last edited by adonis; 3rd August 2009 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    ---------------

Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo is soo in the past. But I do love the smell.

I used to use yardley Oh de london, think it was perfume, way back there........

My mum used this when I was tiny and I thought it was divine! It's also fuelled an impossible search for something with that strong bitter almond kick.

I'm glad Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific is back. I used to have a website dedicated to lost and discontinued cosmetics and that one was the most missed by miles! I don't think we had it in the UK, but if I ever see a bottle I'll definately have a sniff :)