Code of Conduct

Default Great male scents, smelling great on ladies too...

Dear Gentlemen of BN (ladies are, up to an even further extent, welcome to reply to this thread) have u ever had the following kind of experience, meaning that one ore more of your cherished male scents also smelled great on a lady? Now, I'm not saying that male scents are a strictly male universe or, on the contrary, that they should be actually worn only be females either... Yet,sometimes the female skin chemistry can perform miracles on male scents, and if these scents happen to be applied on a lady, the it's just WOW (at least, in some cases)...
    At any rate, to speak from my won experience, I have a lady-friend who just happens to make all-male , sometimes even uber-masculine masterpieces like Antaeus, Armani PH, Eau Sauvage, Knize Ten and Esencia Loewe smell greater on her, than on any male wearer and it's not a subjective impression, yet whenever she decides to wear these, it develops on her skin a fragrance sending one instantly to perfume heaven. Alas, she does this too seldom, mostly strictly for experimental purposes, since she prefers more floral and feminine (yet not girly) frags. But yes, it all taught me one big lesson- that male scents, who are definitely NOT unisex, CAN actually smell great on ladies too (even if my observation might sound redundant).
    But still, I would love to ask you fellow Basenoters, ladies AND gentlemen, if you ever experienced something similar and, if yes, some of the details of this fragrance situation.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 20th April 2009 at 08:28 AM.

Default Re: Great male scents, smelling great on ladies too...

Indeed. I've mentioned a few times a very attractive friend of mine who does amazing things with Le Male. In fact, she only wears heavier, overtly male fragrances, and Le Male is her favorite.
    - E.J.

Blog Entries

I typically prefer masculine & unisex scents. My chemistry does ridiculously wonderful things to M7, Burberry Brit, Lolita Lempicka au Masculine, Clinique Happy, & Kenneth Cole Reaction.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Note to self - need to make friend try M7...
    - E.J.

I used to love it when my girlfriend wore my own bottle of Black XS. I've grown out of it since then, but it was such an intriguing thing to smell something masculine on a girl who was so feminine. Really got my wires crossed.

I think the contrast thing works wonders for either sex. If you're a butch man, wear a floral, if you're a skinny metrosexual, wear something manly.

Same thing works for women - please excuse the stereotypes, but isn't it the coolest thing when you meet a girl who's feminine but knows how to put together a car engine, or chugs beer and watches hockey?

Being too much of one thing, like overtly masculine or feminine, isn't always stimulating..
    Sales thread here

I often have my girl friend wear my frangrances. Not only does she like to wear my scents, but it's also a great way to understand your frangrances from a different perspective.

I must say Cartier Declaration smells amazing on a woman.

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme smells very good on a grirlfriend of mine. Another one wears Cacharel pour l'homme and Givenchy Vetyver. And another one uses Terre d'Hermès.
    Last edited by Apis; 20th April 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Dior homme
    opium pour homme edp
    dior cologne blanche