Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Last night I tried Profumum's Acqua Viva for the first time. What struck me is its bold, realistic, bright, juicy lemon note. The most potent lemon I have tried to date. Not a furniture polish type lemon (which I am less fond of). I got decent longevity out of it, although it seems to stay close to the skin.

    I just thought I would pass on the info for you lemon lovers. I was surprised not to find a previous thread on this one.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Acqua Viva is rather nice and is a fragrance I would recommend to anyone looking for a decently long lasting lemon scent. I get ripe lemon, the green of lemon leaves and a woodiness that is supposed to simulate the twigs from the tree in this.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

  3. #3
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    27,188

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    It is weird that there isn't one single thred devoted to Acqua Viva...

    A wonderful scent! I wish I could afford a full bottle.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th April 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  4. #4

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    It is weird that there isn't one single thred devoted to Acqua Viva...

    A wonderful scent! I wish I could afford a full bottle.
    It is pricey.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It is pricey.
    Easy fix. Just switch to Aqua Velva

  6. #6

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Since Soavissima smells like Teint de Neige, Confeto smells like Hypnotic Poison, or Acqua e Zucchero smells like Pink Sugar, I'm curious to know which fragrance Acqua Viva is "inspired" from.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    Since Soavissima smells like Teint de Neige, Confeto smells like Hypnotic Poison, or Acqua e Zucchero smells like Pink Sugar, I'm curious to know which fragrance Acqua Viva is "inspired" from.
    One person likeneed it to Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. I have not tried this Goutal yet, so I cannot comment.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    I sure hope not! I'm not an Eau d'Hadrien fan and think the lemon in it smells very chemical and synthetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    One person likeneed it to Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. I have not tried this Goutal yet, so I cannot comment.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Isn't Signoricci supposed to be quite authentic smelling, especially for the price?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I sure hope not! I'm not an Eau d'Hadrien fan and think the lemon in it smells very chemical and synthetic.
    I tried Eau d'Hadrien last night and I have concluded they are very different fragrances; I definitely prefer Acqua Viva.

  11. #11
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    27,188

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I tried Eau d'Hadrien last night and I have concluded they are very different fragrances; I definitely prefer Acqua Viva.
    I agree. Both are very nice, in very different ways - but AV is much more shinier and happier.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    here
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    How did I miss this thread! I agree Scentsitivity, it is very bright & realistic. Does anyone find this to be sweet like some of the reviews at Luckyscent do?

    I've sent out a few samples of this, curious to hear what those members think of Acqua Viva, Just look for the vial with bright yellow juice
    Last edited by teger; 24th April 2009 at 05:19 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Yuzu Fou by perfume empire makes me think of this one! I tried them both through samples. Used up Yuzu Fou and still have more applications through one sample left of Aqua Viva. If I was able to chose one to buy- I still haven't made up my mind.
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)

  14. #14
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    27,188

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    How did I miss this thread! I agree Scentsitivity, it is very bright & realistic. Does anyone find this to be sweet like some of the reviews at Luckyscent do?

    I've sent out a few samples of this, curious to hear what those members think of Acqua Viva, Just look for the vial with bright yellow juice
    Thanks for the sample NEoTY26. Not sweet at all. Just love this one. Lemons, lemons, lemons.

    Have you seen that 5 brand chewing gum commercial? The one where the guy is strapped down in this dark, cavernous, industrial looking arena facing up into the air, and some machine is shooting lemons and limes into the air against a metal fence (like tennis balls) and the juice and pieces of rind are falling all over the guy, as he turns to the camera and smiles.

    That is what Acqua Viva smells like.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  15. #15
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    8,601
    Blog Entries
    98

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Oh, Mike! Thanks for finding that and showing it. The expression on the guy's face at the end with the spray of lemons is perfect! That IS Acqua Viva!
    Last edited by kumquat; 30th May 2009 at 07:42 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    I found this to be more wearable than Eau d'Hadrien but, unfortunately, I still got that Beecham's Honey and Lemon vibe in the composition (in other words, paracetamol and saccharine lemon).

    Pass.
    Last edited by Trebor; 30th May 2009 at 08:59 PM.

  17. #17
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    27,188

    Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I found this to be more wearable than Eau d'Hadrien but, unfortunately, I still got that Beecham's Honey and Lemon vibe in the composition (in other words, paracetamol and saccharine lemon)...
    I know that effect you're describing - since I get it from L' Occitane lemon products and it tends to cheapen (in my mind) the scent. But thank goodness I don't get it from AV.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

Similar Threads

  1. Are Acqua di Gio sales starting to slump?
    By MFfan310 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th November 2006, 11:26 PM
  2. Relaunch: Blu Mediterraneo by Acqua di Parma.
    By cedriceccentric in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th March 2005, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000