Code of Conduct

Default Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

Last night I tried Profumum's Acqua Viva for the first time. What struck me is its bold, realistic, bright, juicy lemon note. The most potent lemon I have tried to date. Not a furniture polish type lemon (which I am less fond of). I got decent longevity out of it, although it seems to stay close to the skin.

I just thought I would pass on the info for you lemon lovers. I was surprised not to find a previous thread on this one.

Default Re: Profumum's Acqua Viva - Lemons Galore!

Acqua Viva is rather nice and is a fragrance I would recommend to anyone looking for a decently long lasting lemon scent. I get ripe lemon, the green of lemon leaves and a woodiness that is supposed to simulate the twigs from the tree in this.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Basenotes Institution

It is weird that there isn't one single thred devoted to Acqua Viva...

A wonderful scent! I wish I could afford a full bottle.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th April 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    It is weird that there isn't one single thred devoted to Acqua Viva...

A wonderful scent! I wish I could afford a full bottle.
    It is pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It is pricey.
    Easy fix. Just switch to Aqua Velva

Since Soavissima smells like Teint de Neige, Confeto smells like Hypnotic Poison, or Acqua e Zucchero smells like Pink Sugar, I'm curious to know which fragrance Acqua Viva is "inspired" from.

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    Since Soavissima smells like Teint de Neige, Confeto smells like Hypnotic Poison, or Acqua e Zucchero smells like Pink Sugar, I'm curious to know which fragrance Acqua Viva is "inspired" from.
    One person likeneed it to Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. I have not tried this Goutal yet, so I cannot comment.

I sure hope not! I'm not an Eau d'Hadrien fan and think the lemon in it smells very chemical and synthetic.

One person likeneed it to Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. I have not tried this Goutal yet, so I cannot comment.

Isn't Signoricci supposed to be quite authentic smelling, especially for the price?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I sure hope not! I'm not an Eau d'Hadrien fan and think the lemon in it smells very chemical and synthetic.
    I tried Eau d'Hadrien last night and I have concluded they are very different fragrances; I definitely prefer Acqua Viva.

Basenotes Institution

I tried Eau d'Hadrien last night and I have concluded they are very different fragrances; I definitely prefer Acqua Viva.
    I agree. Both are very nice, in very different ways - but AV is much more shinier and happier.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Banned

How did I miss this thread! I agree Scentsitivity, it is very bright & realistic. Does anyone find this to be sweet like some of the reviews at Luckyscent do?

I've sent out a few samples of this, curious to hear what those members think of Acqua Viva, Just look for the vial with bright yellow juice
    Last edited by teger; 24th April 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Yuzu Fou by perfume empire makes me think of this one! I tried them both through samples. Used up Yuzu Fou and still have more applications through one sample left of Aqua Viva. If I was able to chose one to buy- I still haven't made up my mind.
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    How did I miss this thread! I agree Scentsitivity, it is very bright & realistic. Does anyone find this to be sweet like some of the reviews at Luckyscent do?

I've sent out a few samples of this, curious to hear what those members think of Acqua Viva, Just look for the vial with bright yellow juice
    Thanks for the sample NEoTY26. Not sweet at all. Just love this one. Lemons, lemons, lemons.

Have you seen that 5 brand chewing gum commercial? The one where the guy is strapped down in this dark, cavernous, industrial looking arena facing up into the air, and some machine is shooting lemons and limes into the air against a metal fence (like tennis balls) and the juice and pieces of rind are falling all over the guy, as he turns to the camera and smiles.

That is what Acqua Viva smells like.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Oh, Mike! Thanks for finding that and showing it. The expression on the guy's face at the end with the spray of lemons is perfect! That IS Acqua Viva!
    Last edited by kumquat; 30th May 2009 at 07:42 PM.

I found this to be more wearable than Eau d'Hadrien but, unfortunately, I still got that Beecham's Honey and Lemon vibe in the composition (in other words, paracetamol and saccharine lemon).

Pass.
    Last edited by Trebor; 30th May 2009 at 08:59 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I found this to be more wearable than Eau d'Hadrien but, unfortunately, I still got that Beecham's Honey and Lemon vibe in the composition (in other words, paracetamol and saccharine lemon)...
    I know that effect you're describing - since I get it from L' Occitane lemon products and it tends to cheapen (in my mind) the scent. But thank goodness I don't get it from AV.

-- Eckhart Tolle