Code of Conduct

Thread: The Line

Default The Line

The topic of male/female/unisex has been discussed ad nauseam on these boards, so I really don't intend on flaring up another huge debate with this thread. Even those extreme supporters of the "where what you want" club have limits. That's what I'm getting at here. Where do you draw the line? What is the most feminine scent you feel comfortable wearing, and what scents just cross that line into a territory you no longer feel confident in your ability to pull off.

I'll start, and these are actually two recent scents that I have enjoyed. Both surprisingly are Frederic Malle's. To me I would draw the line at En Passant, I find it pleasantly feminine but wearable because of the slight aquatic notes that sort of harness the lilac. The one that just crosses the line for me would be Lys Mediterranee. It's just a super linear, bright white floral, that screams femininity to me. Unfortunately, as beautiful as it may be, I just cannot pull it off.

So guys where do you draw the line?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: The Line

I don't think I have ever felt comfortable wearing a female scent
    there are even some labeled male scents which I don't feel comfortable wearing
    like bvlgari PH
    most unisex fragrances I stay away from as well
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Most feminine that I own? probably SMW (which isnt saying much). Havent bothered trying too many other strictly feminine scents.

Im not into the whole gender-bending thing. While there are certainly scents out there that a man could pull off (I personally think they are few and far between), on the whole, things labeled as feminine are usually pretty accurately so. Critics can disagree, but multiple testimonies speak to that effect. Dont wear something girly and expect it to come off the right way. It is probably worth mentioning that I really dont like gourmands, and consider them more or less a strictly feminine category (save for a few VERY dry coffee/vanilla/chocolate scents that have zero sugar in them)
    Last edited by DerangedGoose; 21st April 2009 at 02:46 AM.

I haven't yet find the place for drawing lines. I like it, I wear it. Not to say I won't stumble upon a "woman's" scent that goes too far (i.e, I start growing ovaries). Until then, there are no limits.

I found Fleurs d'Oranger (lutens) to be very beautiful but I'm uncomfortable wearing it. Bought it for the wife instead and she luurrrrvs it

It's not a very fine line for me.. I don't wear sweet & fruity fragrances or lots of musk - I just feel uncomfortable wearing them, but I love smelling them on others.

Musc Ravageur was borderline... as is Fougeres Marines for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I haven't yet find the place for drawing lines. I like it, I wear it. Not to say I won't stumble upon a "woman's" scent that goes too far (i.e, I start growing ovaries). Until then, there are no limits.

Well put, my sentiments exactly.
    I love Jasmine.