Code of Conduct

Default YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration & YSL Kouros

YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration & YSL Kouros

YSL PH HC - One reviewer described it as a "sweaty man sucking lemons" and others have described a strong BO vibe going on. Based on the discussions in the forum, it looks like only a handful of basenoters actually like it and own it. Last time i checked only 12 reviews (all positive) for this frag. I actually own this but i haven't actually warmed up to it yet. Sometimes i like it and sometimes i regret buying it.

YSL Kouros - Only one way to describe it...controversial...either u hate it or love it. I only tried this once and i don't think i'll be trying it anytime soon.

So which frag is actually dirtier? And which frag will be accepted by the general population ?

Default Re: YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration & YSL Kouros

I am quite passive about YSL Haute Concentration- one of the very rare favorite of Basenoters that I don't really like. It's strange cause I love citrus scent but this one doesn't work for me at all. I certainly prefer Kouros any day.

Basenotes Institution

Dirtier? Kouros. More accepted by general population? Probably neither.

But then again, I never worry about my fragrance being 'accepted' by anyone except myself. Wear what you like JoNny 4!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    And which frag will be accepted by the general population ?
    Better still, which one do YOU like the most?

IMO, Kouros is the better of the 2 - plain dirtier, with no pretensions. I have used both the original and (up to the) current formulations, sometimes quite "aggresively", without being locked up by the law.

Really, with due consideration for others, its about what you like and are comfortable with.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

One of my favorites, I have had multiple bottles of YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration off and on. It is a very lemony fragrance with a slightly animalic and herbal suspect. It’s very elegant and I’ve never associated it a sweaty man.

In my opinion Kouros is by far dirtier.

Both are great fragances in my opinion.

I bought one bottle of YSL Haute Concentration some months ago and I m very happy with that decision. Very classy option, fresh lemons but with good longevity....not very common in that style of fragances. You must to use it carefuly because is very potent.

Kouros is nice also...(some years ago I disliked a lot) but I had learned to love it. Is a little more risky and less versatile. Incredible sillage and longevity.

I think YSL Pour Homme HC is more accepted and Kouros is a little bit dirtier....but both are great options.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kouros, by far, is the dirtiest of the two thanks to the civet. YSL Haute Concentration pour Homme is a citric fragrance based on YSL pour Homme designed in 1974.

Regarding your question wether which would be accepted by the general population... the answer would be "none of them".

Contemprary styles revolve around the fact that citrics have been reinterpreted in terms of what are generically known as "fresh acquatic" scents. Most contemporary "woody/orientals" include gourmand and / or amber and / or cedar notes.

Thus, the alternatives are quite limited, independent of the fact that they are being marketed under an exaggerated amount of brands. As a matter of fact, one student of mine, knowing about this hobby, asked me if I could suggest her scents for men being more original than what is usually found in the market. I mean, this is even noted by many.

Kouros is of course one of the dirtiest scents but i see kouros as paco rabanne pour homme extreme..haute concentration is more acceptable by the general public !

My liking towards YSL Pour Homme Concentree is extremely partial since I enjoy citrus notes above all, on the other hand not standing the civet note (not civet notes in general, just in Kouros) at all

Ken, which do you prefer: YSL pour homme regular, or Concentree? I've been thinking about blind buying one of the two for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
    Both are great fragrances in my opinion.
    In mine also.